Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Consumer Advocates Services Enterprises Inc....a scam? Anyone please help

Jul 03, 2013

SHILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don P.
Jul 13, 2013

OK- I had to jump on this one. Obviously these guys at C.A.S.E. have some good shills and are also very good at covering their tracks on ANY negative information posted on the web. They have been able to post enough blogs so that every time you a do search on them the same few "positive" articles pop up over & over and were ALL pretty much posted between June 26- July 3rd this year- check it out. I also found someone who was solicited (cold called) by them and it is basically a fishing expedition- They ask if you have ever been scammed by ANY company ever and then proceed to promise you they can get all of your money but you need to pay them up-front for their services. They then send you a "binding" contract to sign (I have a copy of it) which guarantees nothing (including your money back)except they have earned their fee as soon as you pay them and there are no refunds. I also had a contract attorney review the contract and he said it was written to only benefit C.A.S.E. and the consumer was at great risk for losing all of their money with no performance required by C.A.S.E. In this instance the prospective client decided not to sign the contract or pay the service fee ($4200). When he refused to sign or pay C.A.S.E. they threatened to sue him for the "work" they had already done on his case and told him he was a "shady" character who did not live up to his word. Really!!!!!???? I then looked them on the BBB site (they are NOT accredited) and while there was no complaints listed there was a "business alert". So I called the BBB in LA and they said the alert was there because this was a business who offered services to consumers for a fee that could be easily obtained by the consumer at no-charge. Bottom line- In my opinion this looks, smells, and acts like just another scam to me. If anyone feels they are a victim of fraud or misrepresentation then do the dispute yourself for no cost and if that doesn't work than hire an attorney or a company that guarantees it's service.

Michele S.
Jul 14, 2013

giselep2 wrote:
OK- I had to jump on this one. Obviously these guys at C.A.S.E. have some good shills and are also very good at covering their tracks on ANY negative information posted on the web. They have been able to post enough blogs so that every time you a do search on them the same few "positive" articles pop up over & over and were ALL pretty much posted between June 26- July 3rd this year- check it out. I also found someone who was solicited (cold called) by them and it is basically a fishing expedition- They ask if you have ever been scammed by ANY company ever and then proceed to promise you they can get all of your money but you need to pay them up-front for their services. They then send you a "binding" contract to sign (I have a copy of it) which guarantees nothing (including your money back)except they have earned their fee as soon as you pay them and there are no refunds. I also had a contract attorney review the contract and he said it was written to only benefit C.A.S.E. and the consumer was at great risk for losing all of their money with no performance required by C.A.S.E. In this instance the prospective client decided not to sign the contract or pay the service fee ($4200). When he refused to sign or pay C.A.S.E. they threatened to sue him for the "work" they had already done on his case and told him he was a "shady" character who did not live up to his word. Really!!!!!???? I then looked them on the BBB site (they are NOT accredited) and while there was no complaints listed there was a "business alert". So I called the BBB in LA and they said the alert was there because this was a business who offered services to consumers for a fee that could be easily obtained by the consumer at no-charge. Bottom line- In my opinion this looks, smells, and acts like just another scam to me. If anyone feels they are a victim of fraud or misrepresentation then do the dispute yourself for no cost and if that doesn't work than hire an attorney or a company that guarantees it's service.

Above is their modus operandi = how the scammers operate. There's no entity on earth that can get anyone out of a legal binding signed contract, period.

R P.
Jul 14, 2013

On another note ..... anyone that gets a 'cold call' soliticing a servic then beware that they are scammers = hang up immediately.

R P.
Oct 02, 2013

This company is definitely a scam. I was cold called by a guy that said he was a fraud agent and that he knew that I had been defrauded out of money. I said where he said well it could have been time shares or some investment you made3. So I said yes ok and told him the company I was victimized by. He then started telling me that he was making collections on this company and that i had better hurry up because time was running out to get my money back. I paid this guy 1895.00 and he assured me that he was going to get my monies back. Well its been 9 months and finall fed up with their run arounds everytime I call I decided to take action. Consumer Advocates Services is owned and operated by a guy named Michael Demarco. Strangely enough they claim to have been in business over two years but their business license is only a year old??? Secondly they claim we have got millions back for clients. Wow I was really suckered into this scam. I contacted the FBI and after many attempts to speak with someone I finally made contact with a gentleman who told me that Consumer Advocates Services were been investigated by them and that they know that they are defrauding people. I hope they get what they deserve those lying stealing scammers! So in doing more research i also found that they have no regulations or even legal requirements to own a collection license how ob surd is that? What is up with California? Please do not do biz with this company they are a scam!!!!!

Lisa G.
Oct 15, 2013

I too have been mislead by Consumer Advocate Services Enterprise, however U got off lucky w/only having 2 Pat $895, I had 2 put up $2495, this was on a Wed, so 3 days later on a FRI after discovering that this Entity had been Red Flagged by the BBB(BetterBusinessBureau) I contacted them via phone, only 3 get their answering machine, and then on the following MON or 5 days, not the 7 day right to change your mind, they had taken the $2495 out of my checking account and when I was finally able reach someone via phone, I was told that my phone message would not count as contacting them wanting out. I was told that my desire to requese myself that it had 2 be in writing. So I now have filed a complaint w/the BBB and also w/my States Attorney Generals Office 2 see how I can legally get my money back. My personal attorney stated that if their were enough Plantiffs 2 file a Lawsuit, he would be more than happy 2 help us.

claudetteb8 wrote:
Hello,

I am very concerned myself being a timeshare owner, but friends are too, and they mentioned to me about a company claiming they can get their money back they spent (thousands I might add) from companies claiming to sell their timeshare, well they paid upfront fees originally. Now this company Consume Advocates Services Enterprises wants to help them get back their money due to them...but get this...they are requesting $895.00 upfront! Ughh...I am trying to tell them not to do this. Please has anyone dealt with this company at all good or bad. Thank you!

Larry J.
Oct 22, 2013

jordanv6 wrote:
Now, the rest of the general concerns are valid, so I will address those as well. Is it a red flag when someone asks for an upfront fee in this industry? Absolutely. Are there multiple fraudulent recovery groups? More than I can count. Do banks help you with credit/debit card disputes for free? Yes, but do they win? No, and then they tell you, “Sorry, we tried, but they have a contract.”

Sincerely,

Jordan Dispute Department - Manager Disputes@caserefunds.net Consumer Advocate Services (562) 430-1130

So, you don't demand an upfront fee?

R P.
Oct 22, 2013

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare and NEVER believe anyone that claims they can recover money for an upfront fee. Once they know that you have been a victim they prey upon you again and they put you on the " sucker list " and bleed you dry until you finally wake up and realize they are all scam artists. Stop sending these scammers more money.

Once you loose money to scammers walk away and learn from your mistake. Don't be victimized by scammers that claim they can recover your money. they can't !!!

Don P.
Oct 22, 2013

I have never lost a penny to the scammers like you because I never paid money upfront to anyone. Go run your scam somewhere else. People that come to redweek forums are smart enough to avoid paying your upfront fees. Once you get the money there is no incentive for you to do anything because we know that you cannot recover money already lost to other scammers. Go find your next victims somewhere else.

NEVER pay anyone money upfront. All companies requiring money upfront are scam operations !!!

Don P.
Oct 23, 2013

All I know is what you stated below Mr. Jordan .... of course you are going to tell your clients that you'll do everything in your power to see that their money is returned to them FOR AN UPFRONT FEE even if there's no way to do so:

Quote:
jordanv6 wrote: Now, the rest of the general concerns are valid, so I will address those as well. Is it a red flag when someone asks for an upfront fee in this industry?

Sincerely,

Jordan Dispute Department - Manager Disputes@caserefunds.net Consumer Advocate Services

R P.
Oct 23, 2013

Another long winded scammer. The scammers credo is " if you can't dazzle them with your foot work then baffle them with B S ". Scammers will rattle on and on but never give specifics. It's very simple nobody can retrieve the money you lost to the scammers and giving more money to yet another scammer is pure insanity. Just remember the definition of insanity and that is " doing the same thing over and over expecting different results " . Don't be scammed again.

Anyone giving these people money after reading this thread deserves to lose their hard earned money. I can't help anyone who won't be helped. Myself and others have warned everyone to avoid this scam.

One last point I want to make. These scammers will never give you a physical address. They hide behind websites, email addresses and mail drop boxes. There is no way to locate them when they run off with your money. A few months from now they will go out of business and then suddenly open under a new name.

NEVER pay anyone money upfront !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Oct 23, 2013 04:20 PM

Oct 24, 2013

It's interesting to read the various blogs relative to individual experiences with C.A.S.E. My experience has been quite positive. I launched an internet business a while back and was contacted by a number of "support" people who promised to drive traffic to my site but the follow through in nearly every case was unsatisfactory. I then became aware of the services rendered by C.A.S.E. and because of my aforementioned experience, was skeptical and more than a little nervous. However, after only a couple of weeks I was reimbursed for the investment I had made with the first of several of those companies. C.A.S.E. continued to follow up on the remainder of the companies and I have been able to recover nearly all the lost funds...minus the C.A.S.E. fees, of course. I have been quite happy with the results and I have no regrets with having chosen C.A.S.E. to help me, or about paying for their services.

John S.
Oct 24, 2013

SHILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don P.
Oct 25, 2013

donp196 wrote:
SHILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree .... shill.

R P.
Apr 16, 2014

You sold those timeshares just on RedWeek.com?

Kathleen M.
Nov 05, 2014

This outfit must be a scam. Why? I was cold-called and asked whether I had ever been scammed. I told the caller that Rick Ronveaux of the Frontier Real Estate & Development Group, Inc. (Fernandina Beach, FL) had scammed me out of $25,150.00. I was told, "We can get your money back for you." They claimed to represent two other clients defrauded by Mr. Ronveaux of $275,000.00 and $85,000.00, respectively, and said I could be added to the lawsuit against Mr. Ronveaux. The caller wanted me to pay $2,785.00 on my credit card immediately. I asked to be sent information. I was sent an e-mail the next day that referenced an attached agreement. There was no attachment, just boilerplate in the cover e-mail ("We'll write letters on your behalf"--no claim of recovering money)--no specifics. The e-mail instructed me to PHONE for a "verbal affadavit" (i.e., they had put nothing in writing and apparently were not going to do so.) So I e-mailed back, saying, "Send me the contract" (what they would do for the $2,785), along with the specific court in which the case had been filed against Mr. Ronveaux and the case number. I never received a reply, and that was over a week ago. My conclusion: this MUST be a scam. Otherwise, why not send me a contract and supply the requested information?

Wilfrid R.
Nov 05, 2014

It's definitely a SCAM. Nobody can get your money back. These low lives scam people who are desperate to get out of their timeshares. NEVER pay anyone money to get you out of your contract. Once you have been ripped off they put you on the " sucker list " and claim they can get your money back for yet another " upfront fee ".

Don P.
Dec 10, 2014

Terim96 Stop posting your SCAM in here. I have reported your illegal postings to Redweek and they should be removed soon. NEVER pay anyone money upfront for any reason. The SCAMMERS only want your upfront money and then they disappear.

Don P.
Dec 10, 2014

Not all companies are bad and every time someone posts that a legitimate company is a scam, you keep the people that need those services from getting them. I have worked in the timeshare industry for over 10 years and was tired of seeing the scams that timeshare owners are taken by on a daily basis. That's why I started M9. My husband has been in Real Estate for as many years and we partnered to build a company that HELPS timeshare owners. You have no idea who we are or what we do so saying we are a scam is slander at this point. I hope not all people are so narrow minded.

Teri M.
Dec 10, 2014

terim96 wrote:
Not all companies are bad and every time someone posts that a legitimate company is a scam, you keep the people that need those services from getting them. I have worked in the timeshare industry for over 10 years and was tired of seeing the scams that timeshare owners are taken by on a daily basis. That's why I started M9. My husband has been in Real Estate for as many years and we partnered to build a company that HELPS timeshare owners. You have no idea who we are or what we do so saying we are a scam is slander at this point. I hope not all people are so narrow minded.

Your website says you've been working in the timeshare industry for seven years, and the website was just created this year. I understand that the company could be new, but there's a big difference between 7 years and "over 10 years".

The only corporation I see registered to you in MO is Texas T. LLC, and there doesn't appear to be an M9 Property Solutions at all (There is an M9 LP in Joplin, MO though).

I noticed you're also associated with the following:

Branson's Nantucket

Ozark Mountain Vacation Services, LLC

Premier Travel

All of which have horrible reputations and multiple complaints.

You might want to check on your VPN for www.m9propertysolutions.info because the IP address is being re-routed through the UK via a company called Barefruit. At first I thought this was suspicious, but it looks like a few people have been having this problem. So either you were unaware and it's an issue you need to look at or you are aware and it's strange that you would hide your location (since the address given on your corporate documents just brings up a desolate road with a church and a couple of houses).

If your husband really works in real estate it would be great to know his name since it has been left out of the website. That way we can check the validity of his real estate licenses and his history in the real estate industry as well.

You're right though. Not all companies are scams. However, it is not the timeshare owner's responsibility to find out the hard way which companies are legitimate or not. In an industry fraught with fraudulent activity and criminal behavior it is YOUR responsibility as a company to show why you're different. So far you've failed to do so, and I see no reason why any timeshare owner would think you're any different than the last dozen people to offer them the exact same services.

Timeshare owners have to be narrow minded in order to protect themselves these days, and that is not their fault. Since you work in the timeshare industry you should be more empathetic towards the people who collectively have lost hundreds of millions of dollars to fraudulent companies. It's not their fault that you don't appear to be any different. This isn't meant to be an attack, it's just the truth.

J V.

Last edited by jordanv6 on Dec 10, 2014 02:30 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.