Silver Lakes Vacation Club

Re: BE CAREFUL OF SILVER LAKES VACATION CLUB - judgement

Sep 08, 2012

The truth is out today. Go to the San Bernardino County court website in Victorville. Today, Terri Croan, Silver Lakes Vacation Club aka Mission Villas, William Bunch, and WDB Marketing all got their clock cleaned big time. They lost on each and every point. The jury only needed 9 votes to make a point stick, but there were 12 votes against them for all of the counts.

L B.
Sep 08, 2012

Are you one of the Assoc. for Truth? I'm having difficulty getting the postings up. Assume you know about Terri Croan's arrest. We're still fighting to get our contract voided.

Louis F.
Sep 09, 2012

On Sept. 7, 2012 Silver Lakes Vacation Club (the overriding management of Mission Villas) as well as their sales organization WDB Marketing and its owner William Bunch, as well as the past general manager (who still works for the company, Terri Croan) were found guilty of Breach of Contract, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Breach of Covenant of Good Faith and violations of the Timeshare Act of 2004.

Thia is NOT an organization you want to be involved with.

You can find out more about the lawsuit and repercusions as things move forward at www.aftslvc.com

Kris K.
Sep 13, 2012

I OWNED AT THAT THE MARRIOT HARBOUR LAKES WHICH WAS CALLED SOMETHING ELSE WHEN WE PURCHASED.THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUED.WE WERE PROMISED FINISHED PROJECT BY 2010 . WE BOUGHT PRE CONSTRUCTION , ONLY 2 BUILDINGS UP , TOTAL OF 8 OR 10 , WITH A MAIN STREET 2 RESTERAUNTS A DELI , A REAL MOVIE THEATER 3 POOLS ETC ETC,. U GET THE PICTURE , PLUS LAKE RIGHTS WITH BOATING, WATER SPORTS.WELL 1st NO LAKE RIGHTS ..THEN NO MOVIE THEATER OR OLD TIME MAIN STREET.ONE MORE SMALLER POOL.3 MORE BUILDINGS.SO IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET IN.MY BROTHER WOULD STAY THERE THRUGH RED WEEK OR OTHER FOR $ 800.00 PER WEEK AND I WAS PAYING $ 989.0 MAINTENANCE AND THEN $ 250.00 A NIGHT , BECAUSE WE COULD NOT GET IN WHEN MY BROTHER COULD. SO WE WERE MISLEAD ALL THE WAY.....I LOVED IT.WE HAVE PAID FOR AND LOST 4 WEEKS WITH ONE YEAR EXTENSIONS THROUGH II....MARRIOTT BOUGHT OURS BACK FOR 1800.0...THANK YOU ,...MARRIOTT.ANYONE THAT WANTS TO START A CLASS ACTION SUIT THAT OWNS AT HARBOUR LAKES IN ORLANDO FLORIDA CONTACT US AT tarponjoe@gmail.com THANK YOU...

bettej16 wrote:
Are you one of the Assoc. for Truth? I'm having difficulty getting the postings up. Assume you know about Terri Croan's arrest. We're still fighting to get our contract voided.

Joe P.
Nov 07, 2012

There are a lot of members that were lied to about the law suit. We were told it was about five people that had an objection to paying for the up-grade for Mission Vills and the association was taking them to court to make them pay. "Bunch" of garbage as usual. So we missed out on the law suit. If anyone else did or you know of any other members that did and want out Have them call 805-577-1808. All we need is 8 more people and we can start another lawsuit. Whatever you do don't sign up for the Star program.

lb101 wrote:
The truth is out today. Go to the San Bernardino County court website in Victorville. Today, Terri Croan, Silver Lakes Vacation Club aka Mission Villas, William Bunch, and WDB Marketing all got their clock cleaned big time. They lost on each and every point. The jury only needed 9 votes to make a point stick, but there were 12 votes against them for all of the counts.

Linda D.
Nov 07, 2012

To bettej16 - No I did not know about Terri Croan's arrest. If you are still fighting to get your contract canceled call me at 805-577-1808. We are statring a new lawsuit for all of those members that missed the first one. Don't sign up for the Star program.

bettej16 wrote:

Linda D.
Nov 11, 2012

To lindad624 Good news about the Assoc. for Truth victory! We totally missed our opportunity to get into their lawsuit. I would be very willing to get involved in the new lawsuit because we need out of this illegitimate, violation of the Timeshare Act of 2004, membership. If anyone else is just as disgruntled, disappointed, frustrated, ripped off and ready to be rid of this major scam please call lindad624 phone # and leave a message. Strength in numbers!

Katie J.
Nov 11, 2012

To: katiej49 - Welcome to the New Assoc. for Truth. Anyone else that still owns at Silver Lakes / Mission Villas If you missed out on the first lawsuit and you want out call me 805-577-1808 and leave a message, someone will call you back.

Linda D.

Last edited by lindad624 on Nov 26, 2012 10:09 PM

Jan 28, 2013

I will give you a call. According to the CA DRE, they need to know if anyone has signed a contract with a "3rd party" since 2010- not a Homeowners Association sale, and they need proof. Supposedly, the "original developer" is out of it now, and only the HO Assoc. is selling. Although Bunch was named in the Dec. HO minutes as the "marketer"; and we have a certified copy from the DRE that his license was permanently revoked in 1987- I guess you all knew that. Terri Croan never had a license. And according to the BPE Codes of the State; anyone selling anything- HO resale included, must have an active license. So now we have a fraudulent report- did you get one?- and unlicensed sales. I've got a lot of stuff. Do you know where your payments are going if you're paying on a loan??? The bankruptcy case of 2011 was thrown out. I also have a certified document from the State that the fraudulent Public Report has never been amended. Also take a look at the description of Mission Villas at SL on the RCI web site-- that's really a joke!

Louis F.
Jan 28, 2013

What is the Star program?? Does this involve Star Vacations, and Star Stringing, LLC?? Those are David Mindell's "companies", and he is chairman of the Board of SL. We've already experienced fraud with them. Also Terri Croan was arrested during the Superior Court trial if the Associates for Truth- seems that there was a warrant out as she did not appear in court on "controlled substance" charges, so they took her out in handcuffs during the trial. She signed our contract- did she sign yours?

Louis F.
Feb 04, 2013

To: bettej16 - Could you please call me, it sounds like you have valid information. Linda- 805-577-1808

bettej16 wrote:
I will give you a call. According to the CA DRE, they need to know if anyone has signed a contract with a "3rd party" since 2010- not a Homeowners Association sale, and they need proof. Supposedly, the "original developer" is out of it now, and only the HO Assoc. is selling. Although Bunch was named in the Dec. HO minutes as the "marketer"; and we have a certified copy from the DRE that his license was permanently revoked in 1987- I guess you all knew that. Terri Croan never had a license. And according to the BPE Codes of the State; anyone selling anything- HO resale included, must have an active license. So now we have a fraudulent report- did you get one?- and unlicensed sales. I've got a lot of stuff. Do you know where your payments are going if you're paying on a loan??? The bankruptcy case of 2011 was thrown out. I also have a certified document from the State that the fraudulent Public Report has never been amended. Also take a look at the description of Mission Villas at SL on the RCI web site-- that's really a joke!

Linda D.
Mar 04, 2013

Hi All, Read all of the above and spoke to lindad. We have owned at SLC since the early 80's when we purchased a 30-year "Right to Use" (later converted to a deeded property). No specifics here, but we have never been very happy with our dealings with SLC, and would be very interested in the second lawsuit and especially in "getting out from under SLC" (sell, donate, abandon, etc.). Please include us in anything that transpires and let us know if we should contact anyone else (thefros@surewest.net). i.e. What should we do now?

Shila F.
May 16, 2013

I am intersted in joining. Please contact me at stayloaded365@gmail.com.

Abraham R.
Aug 19, 2013

My parents missed the boat but want out ASAP. Has anyone been emailed or called by some Cameron? Is that even legal for him to access their contract and tell them that he can help them? Promises to maintain RCI points and no maintenance fee this year(which they already paid). It just seems like another one of their scams. They are attending a meeting today and I'm going because I don't trust any of it.

Sharon H.
Aug 19, 2013

Just called and left a message. If email is preferred please email us: shari0586@gmail.com

Sharon H.
Oct 28, 2013

I just received my letter about the 2014 Maintenance Fee and started googling Silver Lakes. I would like to be included in this additional lawsuit against Silver Lakes Vacation Club. I was unaware of the 2012 lawsuit brought by the timeshare members. Had I known, I would have been part of that group. Rebecca R.

Rebecca R.
Nov 15, 2013

If you are interested in the second round of the fight against Silver Lakes, give me a call at (626) 945-9284. Ron

Ron V.
Nov 20, 2013

Did you know that we are starting a second round of legal proceedings? If not call me at (626) 945-9284, Ron. If you have already talked to Linda then this is the same group.

Ron V.
Nov 17, 2014

Is it too later to join the law suit? If it isn't please email me at beckyo99@aol.com. My grandparents are members and I believe that someone from the company has and is still trying to take advantage of them by saying they are going to take them to court if they don't pay. I am just trying to help protect my grandparents please help.

Becky O.
Feb 20, 2018

I know your posted this 5 YEARS AGO. Thought you could still help me. Do you have information about what I can do to get out of this situation?

I Paid for TWO UPGRADES IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO RESELL. Seems they make it impossible to sell unless they approve it.

I am 74 and have not been able to travel for year. Being on a fixed income am unable to pay 2018 dues. They are threatening to take me to court or I could pay $4,200 to get out of the $699.00 annual fee. I asked what would happen if I died. I was TOLD THEY WOULD GO AFTER MY ESTATE. I THOUGHT EVERY CONTRACT HAS A BEGINNING AND AN END

Janice S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.