General Discussion

Where are the people who actually exited a time share?

Oct 07, 2023

When you look for exit forums to find out real info like... actual people who exited their time share...all you can find are websites promoting an exit or resell of your time share or a review site reviewing such companies. But I am looking for a forum where actual people who actually exited their time share talk and share companies that actually got them our of their time shares. If all you can find are companies using people's stories for their own benefit then you can't trust that they are real testimonies. Even at the BBB they can just be a bunch of "paid for" positive reviewers. I am searching for actual forums where real people just share real information. Like when you saw a good movie you told your brother, hey I just saw this movie, it was great, check it out. If people actually exit their time shares than how they did it would be readily available where people talk about their time shares exit experiences. If it's only on an industry related website than it is not believable to me. A good company that actually gets people out would be known by many people telling everyone they knew about them. Googling this only turns up professional sites. That's what led me here. Has anyone here actually exited their time share? Does anyone know someone who did ? Does anyone know an actual forum where people talk about their stories and share solutions. Not just give advice but can point you to an actual company that got it done for them. People that are not paid to point to a company. No one pays me to recommend a movie, I just do it. Where are the time share people who got it done and can tell others?

Steve W.
Oct 08, 2023

There are NO companies, lawyers, or any other entities that can somehow get you out of the contractual obligations of timeshare ownership. NONE. That’s why you cannot find any (truthful) sources or reports indicating otherwise; they simply do not exist.

There are only 3 ways to “exit” the legal obligations of timeshare ownership:

1. Sell it or give it away (or even throw in some cash as an incentive if you have to), but one way or another you will need to find a legitimate, willing new “grantee” to be named on an officially recorded new deed on which you will be the “grantor”. This is only a realistic option if there is no unpaid loan balance and no unpaid fees and no liens, since no one on earth is interested in paying off someone else’s timeshare debts in order to take over an ownership.

2. Contact the resort HOA President (not just a desk clerk answering phones at the resort) to formally inquire if the Assn. accepts “deedbacks”. Most don’t, some do. Those that will accept a “deedback” will first require that all fees be fully paid up to date and they may also require a fee for the preparation and recording of a new deed with the Assn. as the new grantee. Some “chains” (e.g., Wyndham) have established internal “deedback” programs, but not all do. You won’t know unless you specifically ask.

3. Just stop paying and accept that foreclosure will occur at some point (which will be the exact same result if you unwisely pay any so-called “exit company” parasite, who will do absolutely nothing except to wait for foreclosure to occur and then say “See? We helped you to get out” (which is a blatant lie, since foreclosure by any resort is always initiated independently).

The above 3 choices are your only options. Anything and everything else is just smoke and mirrors by some parasitic operation seeking to take your money. Numerous so-called “exit companies” have been prosecuted for their fraudulent practices. The bottom line is that there are no companies, no lawyers, no secret processes and no magicians that can get anyone out of the legal and contractual obligations of a timeshare ownership into which they once voluntarily entered of their own free will and choice. Period, amen.

There is an old saying that “A fool and his money are soon parted”. You are obviously smart enough to recognize that scammers looking to take advantage of people desperate to get out of timeshares are NOT an answer or a solution to exiting the obligations of timeshare ownership. As outlined above, to "exit" lawfully and permanently will take some effort and initiative on your part.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 26, 2023 01:43 PM

Oct 08, 2023

stevew859 wrote:
Has anyone here actually exited their time share? Does anyone know someone who did ? Does anyone know an actual forum where people talk about their stories and share solutions.

I did. As KC pointed out above, it was option # 1. I sold it. I didn't need any exit company, law firm, or charity. I listed it on a reputable timeshare website for a reasonable cost.

As for forums "where people talk about their stories and share solutions", one good one is Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). There are many posters there who talk about how they got rid of their timeshares fairly easily and quickly and without using these scam or questionable exit companies.

Lance C.
Nov 08, 2023

Hey, my wife and I were looking to get out a couple months ago so we did the google thing, the one place that helped was 'mytimeshareexitreviews.com' who recommended some companies, (i dunno exactly how they rate them) but they show you lists of the best ones (according to them) we signed up w/ one company. We tried to sell it for like a whole year, but no takers :/ - we were put into contact w/ our attorney in 20-30 days and theyre doing a good job w/ communication/protecting our credit etc.

Nic B.
Nov 08, 2023

nicb22 wrote:
Hey, my wife and I were looking to get out a couple months ago so we did the google thing, the one place that helped was 'mytimeshareexitreviews.com' who recommended some companies, (i dunno exactly how they rate them) but they show you lists of the best ones (according to them) we signed up w/ one company. We tried to sell it for like a whole year, but no takers :/ - we were put into contact w/ our attorney in 20-30 days and theyre doing a good job w/ communication/protecting our credit etc.

It is said that "hope springs eternal", but...

The simple and irrefutable truth is that there are NO legitimate "timeshare exit" entities anywhere on Planet Earth. NONE. Assuming that you are not a “shill” (unconvincingly) peddling your personal agenda here, know and understand that you are just simply wasting your money by paying any “exit” parasite a single penny.

No "exit company" entity can do anything for you that you can't just as easily do for yourself --- but you'll certainly come to that conclusion on your own at some point (after ponying up and losing some serious money to learn that hard lesson). Timeshare ownership is a contractual obligation that you cannot just “exit” by magic or by divine intervention, or by attorney involvement --- or by paying money to any sleazy and useless "exit company" . It’s just that simple.

Some (...but not enough) of these so-called “timeshare exit” entities actually end up being prosecuted for their fraudulent practices by various state Attorneys General. Others just quietly disappear on their own at some point after taking people’s money, some returning later with a different name — but with the same game.

"A fool and his money are soon parted", as the old saying goes. Enough said.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 15, 2023 08:33 AM

Nov 08, 2023

Hey, I totally feel you! It's such a bummer that all you can find are those phony-looking review sites and company promotions when looking for real opinions about time share exits. I mean, who can you really trust these days, right?! It totally makes sense that you wanna connect with some actual people instead of shady paid influencer types. I don't have any first-hand experience with exiting a time share, but what if you tried joining some owner groups on Facebook or something? That way you could possibly find some actual peeps to shoot the breeze with and get some real talk answers. Just a thought.

Jamessmith0901
Nov 08, 2023

nicb22 wrote:
Hey, my wife and I were looking to get out a couple months ago....We tried to sell it for like a whole year, but no takers.

Do you see the inconsistency here? You say you "were looking to get out a couple months ago" but then say that you "tried to sell it for like a whole year, but no takers."

And what efforts did you make to sell? Did you list it on a reputable web site or was it one of those scam upfront fee companies? Also, did you list it for a reasonable, competitive price or did you ask for an unrealistically high resale price?

Lance C.
Jan 01, 2024

**EXIT UPDATE ** It was absolutely fair that Westgate Resorts was ruled against in the Tennesee case. This particular resort failed in integrity, in non-compliance with federal and state timeshare laws, and have willfully deceitful business practices! I was a victim with their Florida resort, requested to cancel based on the untruths told to me, was told No, and I found legal counsel (a social justice team Called @Royalbladeworks on Telegram, dedicated to results not $$)who fought and got my contract canceled. I also got my money back that they’ve refused to return, including their ‘Westgate MasterCard’ given me to cover the ‘downpayment.’ Counsel ( Royalbladeworks ) used the Tennessee Case as the base for my demand, and went the full extent for recovery and punitive damages. I had ALL documents and communication updates of actions and findings between my legal counsel and Westgate. They can ‘lose or burn’ whatever they choose to get rid of the evidence. My firm sent me the entire file. I was led to believe I was ‘buying’ a Vacation Home for my family, as advertised by the ‘sales hooker’ at Disney World in Florida while on family vacation. I had a ‘mortgage’ payment each month just like a home purchase! It was misrepresented as a Vacation Home but later I found out it was a Timeshare. I don’t DO Timeshares because I know that drill. When they reported Canceled on my Credit Report they lied, saying it was due to default. My law firm discovered they never filed the ‘sale’ with the Florida Court of Records and Deeds in the required time, and a laundry list of other violations including RESPA Law. The only reason they canceled and paid me was because my law counsel brought the Feds into the picture, who demanded documents Westgate could not produce. At risk of the wrath of the Feds, they canceled. I recommend you reach out to Phil +14752150057for help if you need.

Rebecca S.
Jan 08, 2024

Any information other then selling them back to Marriott would be helpful.

Jon D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.