Timeshare Companies

Timeshare Adventures,inc.

Oct 15, 2006

be very very careful,with this company.

everthing when wrong with my transaction. was not a 2 bedroom, it was a one bedroom. was not floating, it was week 2. was charge, 2006 maintance fee, that should not have been charge. contacted this company. that it was my mistake, not theirs. stay away.

just got former owners tax bill in my name, for 2005 and 2006 with all the penalties. do these poeple know what they are doing?

again stay away for this company.

Mary V.

Last edited by marty8084 on Oct 14, 2008 04:02 PM

Nov 17, 2006

You might want to put the name of the company in the subject line so those that are about to do business read your post. Sorry you had the problem.

William F.
Dec 13, 2006

vlahos wrote:

everthing when wrong with my transaction. was not a 2 bedroom, it was a one bedroom. was not floating, it was week 2. was charge, 2006 maintance fee, that should not have been charge. contacted this company. that it was my mistake, not theirs. stay away.

just got former owners tax bill in my name, for 2005 and 2006 with all the penalties. do these poeple know what they are doing?

Dear vlahos: Thank you very much for the warning. I so much wish someone had told me about Taino Beach Resorts before I bought there. It was supposed to be fee simple, my lifetime plus willing the deed after my death to my heirs; when I got the contract it was only for 40 years. The maintenance fees were supposed to never go up an dthat was the big selling point for me. When I got the contract (6 mos later) it say the fees could go up 10% a year over the previous year. They stuck to that until this year, when now they are trying to throw out the old contracts entirely and make people pay 6 times higher maint fees this year, or else get out and abandon their timeshares!!! TIme for a lawsuit. Bunch of thieves.

Marl M.
Dec 13, 2006

Good suggestion by billfoster. hope this gives it more visibility

Mary D.
Jan 13, 2007

billfoster424 wrote:
You might want to put the name of the company in the subject line so those that are about to do business read your post. Sorry you had the problem.

Agreed, in fact, Very Important !!

Dave L.
Jan 19, 2007

I would warn everyone about Timeshare Adventures, Inc. I had a terrible experience with them.

I was charged $475.00 and they never EVER sold my timeshare!

T D.
Jan 19, 2007

That's the way it is with 99.9% of upfront fee resale companies. Never pay an upfront fee to a company to sell your timeshare.

td23 wrote:
I would warn everyone about Timeshare Adventures, Inc. I had a terrible experience with them.

I was charged $475.00 and they never EVER sold my timeshare!

R P.
Feb 25, 2007

vlahos wrote:

This is the kind of experience buying "resale" that make me happy to have been a foolish person who bought from the developer and let them do all the legal messing around. Well, at least from the seller's viewpoint, Timeshare Adventures got the job done. They sold the timeshare as promised. And you have certainly had an "adventure"!

Mary D.
Sep 17, 2008

Even though this complaint is almost ten months old, we only learned of it about a week ago. We have reviewed our file and make the following response (which is the same as the response we made to the BBB in October of 2006).

At the time the complainant (who was not our customer or client) signed the contract for purchase of the timeshare, she received a closing introduction document which stated, in part, “Our investigation is limited to determining the status of maintenance / assessments, the next available year of use, confirming ownership, and whether there is resort financing on the unit. If a buyer desires proof of the unit layout, the nature of the week (red, white, high season, et cetera), whether it's poolside, beach front, ocean view, or whatever, it is up to him to obtain satisfactory proof. The information in our ad is supplied by the seller or an exchange company; we do not verify it."

Although she acknowledges receipt of this document, she ignores the fact that she failed to verify that the timeshare was as advertised. She now seeks to place blame for her failure on Timeshare Adventures.

Philip W. Dann, Esq. Closing Department Timeshare Adventures, Inc.

Phil D.
Sep 17, 2008

Do what

R P.
Sep 17, 2008

phild52 wrote:
Even though this complaint is almost ten months old, we only learned of it about a week ago. We have reviewed our file and make the following response (which is the same as the response we made to the BBB in October of 2006).

At the time the complainant (who was not our customer or client) signed the contract for purchase of the timeshare, she received a closing introduction document which stated, in part, “Our investigation is limited to determining the status of maintenance / assessments, the next available year of use, confirming ownership, and whether there is resort financing on the unit. If a buyer desires proof of the unit layout, the nature of the week (red, white, high season, et cetera), whether it's poolside, beach front, ocean view, or whatever, it is up to him to obtain satisfactory proof. The information in our ad is supplied by the seller or an exchange company; we do not verify it."

Although she acknowledges receipt of this document, she ignores the fact that she failed to verify that the timeshare was as advertised. She now seeks to place blame for her failure on Timeshare Adventures.

Philip W. Dann, Esq. Closing Department Timeshare Adventures, Inc.

Do What? It's the seller's (the resale company) duty to make sure all information in the ad is correct, not the buyer. If that's the way you run your company, then I would never do business with you.

And, you more than likely charge an upfront fee when taking on a timeshare to sell from a private party.

So far, you have two strikes against your company .... not good.

R P.
Sep 17, 2008

Posted by a dissatisfied customer td23 below, so it's evident that you DO charge an upfront fee for doing absolutely nothing:

I was charged $475.00 and they never EVER sold my timeshare! Reply to This Message td23

1 year ago Jan 19, 2007 08:58 AM

R P.
Sep 17, 2008

More information is provided here concerning Timeshare Adventures, Inc (an upfront fee timeshare resale company (copy and paste url):

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51504&highlight=timeshare+adventures

R P.
Sep 17, 2008

phild52 wrote:
Even though this complaint is almost ten months old, we only learned of it about a week ago. We have reviewed our file and make the following response (which is the same as the response we made to the BBB in October of 2006). Philip W. Dann, Esq. Closing Department Timeshare Adventures, Inc.

Am I missing something here?

You are stating that you didn't know of this complaint until a week ago. You then state that you made a response to BBB back in Oct 2006 about this case!

If the complaint was back ten months ago why did you make response to BBB in Oct 2006 before any complaints.

Which is it!

PHILL12

Phil L.
Sep 18, 2008

phill12 wrote:
You are stating that you didn't know of this complaint until a week ago. You then state that you made a response to BBB back in Oct 2006 about this case!

If the complaint was back ten months ago why did you make response to BBB in Oct 2006 before any complaints.

Which is it!

PHILL12

Phil, I'm guessing that they've had plenty of complaints prior to October 2006 and just reponded in the same manner, which is, "Too bad, but it's not OUR fault"

Mike N.
Sep 23, 2008

I'm sorry, but doesn't "For Sale by Owner" mean the owner is responsible for the information regarding the timeshare he wishes to sell? An attorney provided information, which you then twisted in to something not true and further proceeded to imply this company has plenty of complaints. Seems to me that any yo-yo can get on this forum and slander any fellow competitor however they choose. Can you confirm that statistic regarding " 99.9% of upfront fee resale companies" taking money for nothing? I'd like to find an advertising company that actually provides REAL advertising for free. When I pay a fee for advertising my timeshare for sale, I still know that I am selling it and using a resource. Is this site actually a help to consumers using truthful information?

Mary D.
Sep 23, 2008

maryd347 asks / states, perhaps just rhetorically:

>> Can you confirm that statistic regarding " 99.9% of upfront fee resale companies taking money for nothing?<<

This question was not directed to me personally, but I'll still gladly and openly state that in my own 25+ years of timeshare ownership (multiple resorts and weeks) and experience, I have *NEVER ONCE* ever seen or heard of a confirmed sale of a timeshare by any "upfront fee" company. That's NEVER! I'll further add that this same observation has also been echoed by many other people over the years on TUG (Timeshare Users Group), a site frequented by THOUSANDS of very knowledgeable and experienced timeshare owners. The open (and still standing) challenge on TUG to any and all "upfront fee companies" to "...identify a recorded deed from a sale you've really made" has never actually been met. NEVER. Once again, I think the word NEVER speaks volumes --- loudly and clearly! The deafening silence from the "upfront fee" companies in response to this long-standing open challenge also speaks for itself... ============================================

Re: >> I'd like to find an advertising company that actually provides REAL advertising for free.<<

Please allow me to help with that --- see Bidshares. I've sold two different weeks at two different resorts there just within the past year; I spent exactly NOTHING to do so. TUG also now provides free advertising for members, although I've never personally used it. Craigslist advertising is free too. That's THREE avenues of free, effective advertising that I know of right off the top of my head, without doing any research at all... =================================================

Re: >> When I pay a fee for advertising my timeshare for sale, I still know that I am selling it and using a resource. Is this site actually a help to consumers using truthful information?<<

You may or may not be a "shill" for some unidentified upfront fee company; I don't know. While I certainly can't and don't speak for RedWeek, the forums here are for open, non-commercial discussion and input. You just got some of mine, very clearly and openly stated, to absorb or ignore as you may see fit...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 23, 2008 03:43 PM

Sep 24, 2008

ken1193 wrote:
maryd347 asks / states, perhaps just rhetorically:

>> Can you confirm that statistic regarding " 99.9% of upfront fee resale companies taking money for nothing?<<

No, but I can confirm that 100% upfront fee resale comapnies do take money for very little. Now let me ask YOU a rhetorical question. Would you sell your house this way? Giving the agent their entire commission whether or not they sell your house? You can look at the resources of ALL these companies and see how they're spent. How much time, money, and effort is aimed at acquiring a listing and how much time money and effort is used at selling the listing? I'd guess about 99.9 to .1 ratio.

Dave S.
Sep 24, 2008

maryd347 wrote:
I'm sorry, but doesn't "For Sale by Owner" mean the owner is responsible for the information regarding the timeshare he wishes to sell? An attorney provided information, which you then twisted in to something not true and further proceeded to imply this company has plenty of complaints. Seems to me that any yo-yo can get on this forum and slander any fellow competitor however they choose. Can you confirm that statistic regarding " 99.9% of upfront fee resale companies" taking money for nothing? I'd like to find an advertising company that actually provides REAL advertising for free. When I pay a fee for advertising my timeshare for sale, I still know that I am selling it and using a resource. Is this site actually a help to consumers using truthful information?

This site is merely a timeshare ad site for owners to sell or rent their timeshare. Owners make up their own ads, Redweek does not. If information is wrong in an ad then it's the owner's fault.

One must always perform 'due diligence' before committing to any sale or rental .... in other words verify that all information in the ad is correct. You can do this by asking the owner to send you some form of proof that everything in the ad is correct and you can phone the resort for verification of that info.

Placing an ad on Redweek is very easy (if I can do it, anybody can do it) and Redweek is probably the most popular of all the timeshare ad sites and gets thousands of hits a day.

Why pay an upfront fee to a resale company to list your timeshare in a database that no one will ever see costing you hundreds of dollars up front when you can place an ad on many internet timeshare ad sites for very little cost.

As ken said, in all the years I've been reading timeshare forums on the internet, there has never been even one verified sale of a timeshare by an upfront fee resale company .... all they want is your upfront fee and then you'll never hear from them again. There are literally hundreds of testimonials of such here on Redweek along.

Now you can take our advice or you can go with an upfront fee resale company .... the decision is yours and only yours.

R P.
Sep 27, 2008

While I have reason to agree that big up front fees are a danger sign, I can understand Mary's (quite legitimate) question as to the evidence for saying they never sell anything. I have run across a positive comment or two whose experiences were not all bad. NATURALLY, they were immediately called "Shills" and worse without further investigation. Perhaps this was not the fairest response. MD

Mary D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.