Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Phasing out exchanges (by KC):

kentr19 wrote:
I'm a little confused...I'm reading that RedWeek is "phasing out" exchanges, but I see RedWeek has Owners that have their week(s) posted at certain resorts and are showing Owners successful in exchanging so very recent transactions. It doesn't look like a "phase out" to me. I'm happy to see that the program is still trading owners weeks for them, when I potential party is interested, so don't get me wrong. I'm actually interested in trying to find an interest in renting/sharing my timeshare this year and would like to figure out whether this is going to get short circuited after my planned?

I respectfully submit that you may be confusing owners renting out weeks they own via RedWeek with the (completely unrelated) practice of "exchanging" timeshare weeks (a practice which hasn't existed as an option on RedWeek for about seven years now).

Owners can (and routinely do) rent out weeks that they own by advertising here on RedWeek. Owners can also "exchange" weeks that they own, but "exchanging" only occurs through RCI, Interval International, 7Across (formerly known as Dial an Exchange),TPI, and a few other smaller "exchange" companies. There has not been any form of timeshare "exchanging" via RedWeek for years; any "exchanging" involving RedWeek has been completely gone since about 2015.

Back in the day (until around 2015), the "exchange" program on RedWeek was actually utilizing DAE (Dial an Exchange, now called 7Across). RedWeek members basically (even if unknowingly) were accessing the DAE "platform" operating behind the scenes on the RedWeek site for all exchanges conducted via RedWeek. That is just old news now; exchanging of any sort simply no longer exists at all on RedWeek.

I hope this helps alleviate your apparent confusion regarding "exchanging", which no longer occurs at all in any form on RedWeek.