Timeshare Ripoffs

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Timeshare Ripoffs (by KC):

barbaram331 states in part: >> Our credit card company could not recind because I only got an answer machine when I called them back within 3 days to cancel.<< ================================================

The law (regardless of the individual state involved) always requires you to rescind in writing. Even if the parasites had answered your calls, just telling them over the phone to cancel the contract still would not have been legally sufficient --- it MUST be done in writing.

The timeshare world certainly has a lot of complexities, and a fair share of dishonest and deceitful people as well. That much acknowledged, however, with all due respect it sounds (at least from the limited details within your post) that some of your particular dissatisfactions may have arisen from failing to fully comprehend exchange company rules and procedures. Banked weeks expire if not used or extended --- that's pretty much a universal fact. Exchange companies like RCI and II require a paid, current membership --- if you allowed your membership to expire without renewing it, then your banked weeks would indeed be "lost" and you would receive no further info or directories from the exchange company.

As far as paying an upfront fee parasite to "evaluate" or sell your timeshare, that was an error in judgement on your part and a waste of money. I'm genuinely sorry for your unhappiness with whatever it is that you own, but with all due respect there may be a good measure of personal accountability and responsibility here...