Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: who have you tried to rent from and got scammed (by Maria P.):

I was just scammed by Chris Norris. I posted a request (on Redweek) for a St Maarten Timeshare (Royal Islander) week #7 in 2009- that is a few days away from now. I own a unit in the same complex, - week #8. He replied to my post, was knowledgeable about my resort (knew the rules / regs/ the lockout feature of the units, etc). He sent me a contract for the unit- looked like a legal document, listed accurate features of the unit, complete with his contact info etc. We communicated several times. I sent him a personal check. He even sent a 2nd signed and executed contract- after I sent the check. When I called the resort yesterday to confirm my arrival on Feb 14th- they knew nothing. Chris Norris phone # in Pembroke Pines Florida has an answering machine, with an out going message that seems legit. I called the town of Pembroke Pines Florida and the chamber of commerce- there is no Fairfield Beach Co or Chris Norris at that address. OK ..........Shame on me for not being more diligent and thorough. Enough said, because I, not unlike the others, am suffering the financial consequences and am about to start a VERY expensive vacation in St Maarten. My question to Redweek- you obviously have an array of scam artists on your site- what are you going to do about it? Maria