Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Robert D.):

HELP!!! We are newbies to Mariott time share, although we have owned timeshare in Hilton Head (RCI exchange) for many many years. We got 1 week from my wife's parents at one of the Mariott properties in Aruba and as a new owner, we were invited to a presentation at one of the Mariott properties near where we live. The guy there spent a couple of hours talking about the benefits of the Vacation Club and Trust points and as we just got the Aruba week, we scheduled some additional time with him - hoping he could help us get our week of vacation scheduled - we knew nothing about when you need to deposit or request Mariott Points. He then tells us that we should buy trust points and my wife thinks this is a great deal - we get to buy 2500 points for about $28,000 and this will allow us to use our week for MVC without spending the conversion fee and we no longer have to pay for II or any other fees and we increase our ability to get units at MVC properties and the best is if we convert all to Mariott Rewards we can get a really nice vacation, air included (and we can charge the purchase price on the Mariott charge card and get even more MR points). He shows us how he has been able to help others who purchased 2500 points get a vacation worth close to $30,000 - sounds like a bargain when the points cost $28,000 and you get to use them year after year. It was a good thing we saw him late in the day and they couldn't process the deal that day, so still haven't spent any money and now we are having second thoughts. On the surface, seems like a great deal - get a great vacation the first year worth about what you spent for the trust points and then get the ability to get a nicer vacation each year for just the additinoal cost for maintenance. However, this seems too good to be true and many of the comments in this forum seem to make me think this whole MVC idea is just not so smart. I could really use your input here before we make a bad decision. Sorry for the long winded request for help.