Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst (by Charles S.):

inak2 wrote:
While I have enrolled my legacy unit in Destination Points, I am among those that feel taken as Marriott has seriously diminished the value of my original investment. I bought a 2 br platinum unit in Shadow Ridge ( Palm Springs) golf resort 10 years ago simply for the trade value of the lockoff. It was never a place we intended to vacation at, as we own non-Marriott timeshare we vacation in. I happily traded our locked off units for great exchanges every year thru Interval until now. The destination points of my unit is poorly valued, and I am no longer to get the exchanges I got in the past. I do feel suckered. Had I known this, I definitely would have bought a unit in a place we would vacation in each year,rather than a unit for exchange. While Shadow Ridge is a beautiful golf property, my husband and I live in a similar desert climate near by, and are no longer able to golf.

I know this may be looking for a needle in a haystack, but I am wondering if there is a platinum deeded owner of Newport Coast who feels similarly, and would be interested in swapping deeds. The maintenance fees are comparable, and we visit Newport Coast frequently.

A Shadow Ridge for Newport Coast trade is not an equal one. Being on the California coast is more desirable than being in the desert. Also, Newport Coast has a longer platinum season than Shadow Ridge.

Also, please note that you can still trade your Marriott for II exchanges. However, you may need to explore beyond Marriott and use other timeshare systems.