Royal Haciendas

Royal Hacienda

Dec 07, 2006

How far is this from Playa Del carmen. I read something that said it wasn't very close?

Stacey M.
Dec 08, 2006

The description of the hotel says it's 5 miles north of Playa del Carmen. I'm anxious to hear more about this place when it opens

Kristia S.
Dec 09, 2006

isn't it already opened. there were two reviews so I thought it was already opened....

do you know when it opens if it isn't already. I have a request in to II for June.

Stacey M.
Dec 09, 2006

Oh, I didn't know it was open yet. I thought it was supposed to open in Jan. What were the reviews like that you read??

Kristia S.
Dec 10, 2006

I only read the reviews on this forum...click on the 2 Reviews under the listing.

I couldn't find anything on the internet anywhere else.

Stacey M.
Dec 15, 2006

Go to www.royalresorts.com. The resort is open, and it is beautiful. It is still under construction, however, so I don't know if that would bother your visit. You can view the online gallery of pictures on their website, and also look at what is currently going on with the webcam!

We stay at The Royal Resorts in Cancun and prefer them to anywhere else we have ever been/owned. If you aren't set on Playa, you may also be interested in their resorts in Cancun. You won't be disappointed.

Shannon B.
Dec 15, 2006

One more thing...

My friends stayed at The Royal Haciendas last week. They own a beach front penthouse. Eventually, there will be a walking path that will take you in to Playa by foot, but it is not yet completed. It isn't too far from Playa, but I think you'd have to take a taxi at this point to get there.

Shannon B.
Dec 16, 2006

Thanks for the info on both the Royal Resorts and the Haciendas. I've been looking at the Royal Resorts in Cancun. Great prices.

Kristia S.
Dec 16, 2006

It is definitely worth every penny to stay at a Royal Resort Property. We went twice this year. My parents are owners at The Royal Caribbean, so we were there in April. This fall we stayed at The Royal Islander on a trade from our villas in Hawaii. We got two ground floor units (4611 & 4612), ocean view just steps from the pool. We loved it. Now we are considering buying a week 42 unit at The Islander or Sands. Once you stay there, it is hard to stay elsewhere. Check out www.tug2.net. Of the top five resorts, I think four of them are Royal Resort Properties. If you need help with rentals and are confused about unit location... let me know. I can tell you about each villa, and you can decide which is the best location for you. :-)

Shannon B.
Dec 17, 2006

I do have a request in thru II right now for June. It is for my whole family. But they say they only can sleep 6...but the 2 bedroom unit looks like it can sleep 8 or 10...with a pull out couch and murphy beds. Do you know any details on the two bedroom and why they say it only sleeps 6.

Thanks for the help. I hope the request comes thru.

Stacey M.
Dec 18, 2006

stacey157 wrote:
I do have a request in thru II right now for June. It is for my whole family. But they say they only can sleep 6...but the 2 bedroom unit looks like it can sleep 8 or 10...with a pull out couch and murphy beds. Do you know any details on the two bedroom and why they say it only sleeps 6.

Thanks for the help. I hope the request comes thru.

Each villa is two bedrooms. The master bedroom has a king sized bed, and the second bedroom has two full-sized beds. The living room has two twin-sized murphy beds. The units are apx 1500 square feet and very spacious. There is no pull out sofa in the living room. The did away with pull out sofas in The Royals properties when they went to the two twin-sized murphy beds.

We always have two villas for our family, which includes the four of us in my family, my brother & his wife and my mom and dad. We could all manage in one villa, but we think it is more of a vacation with two. :-)

Depending on the dynamics of the group and the number of people, you may be perfectly content with one villa.

This link provides pictures of the villas, and there is a place to click at the bottom of the page that shows the layout of the Deluxe Villa.

http://www.royalresorts.com/haciendasvillas.php

Hope this helps.

Shannon B.

Last edited by shannon191 on Dec 18, 2006 10:38 AM

Dec 19, 2006

I just read on another forum that this place is indeed open, but so much construction going on they couldn't enjoy their vacation at all. They were telling people to beware. I'd hate to spend $$ on a vacation and hear construction all day long. Also, they said the beach was full of construction trash. Doesn't sound good. Don't know if they were just unhappy about something and wanted to 'trash' the place or if it's ligit. Thought I'd pass along anyway.

Kristia S.
Dec 20, 2006

I haven't stayed there, but do know that it IS under construction and it will be that way for a while. I'll ask my friend what he thought... he was just there a week ago.

If you want a guaranteed exchange, you should consider staying at one of the Cancun resorts... possibly The Royal Islander or Royal Sands. You wouldn't be disappointed!

Shannon B.
Dec 21, 2006

Thanks I will be anxious to hear what your friend said.

Stacey M.
Jan 01, 2007

We just got back from our first trip to the royal haciendas and it is GORGEOUS! 1st class all the way - granite kitchen & baths, tumbled marble showers with glass walls, kohler jacuzzi on deck. If you have the opportunity, jump at this this resort. Playa del Carmen is a 5 min. taxi ride.

Susan D.
Jan 05, 2007

Well, I just called Royal Hacienda as I wanted to know how many units they had since I have a request in for June 2nd thru the 9th with Interval International. They have about 55 to 65, but they said they are already booked for 2007. Just FYI to everyone.

I will need to go to a different resort or find someone that is willing to rent really cheap!!

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Stacey M.
Jan 06, 2007

Just because they are booked doesn't mean that someone won't put in a trade through II. You may wish to keep that request active, but add some other resorts as a backup so that you can get airfare.

Have you considered any of the Royals Cancun resorts?

I know I've stated this before, but you have a strong chance of getting a Royal Resort in Cancun. I would recommend any of them, but depending on your needs, The Royal Sands is most "posh" (it is the newest), followed by The Royal Islander. The Royal Mayan is the most quaint, but there are some villas that back on to the lagoon, and some that don't have much view. I would suggest requesting The Royal Sands, Islander, & Caribbean... You'd have a great time. Interval International does usually give out the villa # upon confirmation, so you can see where the villa is located prior to your arrival. It doesn't guarantee that you'll be there (last year our villa was being rennovated so they had to move us to a beach front that wasn't being occupied), but there is a 95% chance...

Also, don't hesitate to ask for what you want when you get there. We went for a bonus week this fall and stayed at The Royal Islander. The resort was able to get two villas right next to each other for us on ground floor, which really helped us out because we have a disabled child! They are always very helpful there!

stacey157 wrote:
Well, I just called Royal Hacienda as I wanted to know how many units they had since I have a request in for June 2nd thru the 9th with Interval International. They have about 55 to 65, but they said they are already booked for 2007. Just FYI to everyone.

I will need to go to a different resort or find someone that is willing to rent really cheap!!

Shannon B.
Jan 06, 2007

shannon191 wrote:
Just because they are booked doesn't mean that someone won't put in a trade through II. You may wish to keep that request active, but add some other resorts as a backup so that you can get airfare.

Have you considered any of the Royals Cancun resorts?

I know I've stated this before, but you have a strong chance of getting a Royal Resort in Cancun. I would recommend any of them, but depending on your needs, The Royal Sands is most "posh" (it is the newest), followed by The Royal Islander. The Royal Mayan is the most quaint, but there are some villas that back on to the lagoon, and some that don't have much view. I would suggest requesting The Royal Sands, Islander, & Caribbean... You'd have a great time. Interval International does usually give out the villa # upon confirmation, so you can see where the villa is located prior to your arrival. It doesn't guarantee that you'll be there (last year our villa was being rennovated so they had to move us to a beach front that wasn't being occupied), but there is a 95% chance...

Also, don't hesitate to ask for what you want when you get there. We went for a bonus week this fall and stayed at The Royal Islander. The resort was able to get two villas right next to each other for us on ground floor, which really helped us out because we have a disabled child! They are always very helpful there!

stacey157 wrote:

Just wanted to ask if anyone is familiar with any resorts and/or timeshares close to the Royal Haciendas as my brother and his family will be there in June and we would like to stay as close as possible to them. Thanks ffor all responses.

Melissa M.
Jan 06, 2007

There are some timeshares in Playa del Carmen ( just a few minutes away.) Also, there are plenty of small boutique hotels right on the beach; Playa Maya is a great one.

Kristia S.
Jan 24, 2007

"do have a request in thru II right now for June. It is for my whole family. But they say they only can sleep 6...but the 2 bedroom unit looks like it can sleep 8 or 10...with a pull out couch and murphy beds. Do you know any details on the two bedroom and why they say it only sleeps 6."

Although the villas can technically accommodate more than 6 people, you are only allowed 6 people. If you show up with more than 6, you will be charged an additional facilities charge. This is to allow everyone at the resort to have a quality experience. If every villa had 10 people in it, the pools would be crowded, no beach chairs and what not. It is the rule, and it's in the member's contract when the villa is purchased. The only flexibility to this rule is when one is an infant or toddler. Also, no pull out couch. There are two single murphy beds in the living room, 2 doubles in the lock off, and a king in the master bedroom.

Deborah B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.