Morritt's Grand Resort

How's the reconstruction coming along.

Dec 13, 2006

We are owners at the Morritts Grand and have not been at the resort since 2003 (before the storm) Could someone give me a current update and their opinion of how the resort is coming along and if the dock is completed yet and also David's. We're just looking for current feedback on the resort by owners and even new visitors as well. Thanks !!!! Our next vacation there will be Sept. 8th - 15th 2007 and looking forward to see all the new changes and upgrades !!!

Sheila G.
Dec 13, 2006

sheila

Go to http://morritts.17.forumer.com/index.php For a very active forum with pictures,

Doug

sheilag26 wrote:
We are owners at the Morritts Grand and have not been at the resort since 2003 (before the storm) Could someone give me a current update and their opinion of how the resort is coming along and if the dock is completed yet and also David's. We're just looking for current feedback on the resort by owners and even new visitors as well. Thanks !!!! Our next vacation there will be Sept. 8th - 15th 2007 and looking forward to see all the new changes and upgrades !!!

D Q.
Dec 14, 2006

appreciate it !!!!

Sheila G.
Feb 20, 2007

We were there twice last year and are going back in April and Christmas again. There is a lot of construction still. The Seaside Bldg is probably half done. I dont know what the official line is but it's viewable on the website (morritts.com). At Christmas they were still working on the outside so one has to assume they should be inside doing finishing work which takes a bit of time usually. The dock was not finished in December but looks like it's been sealed in and should be ready by the time we get there in April, hopefully. David's opened outside on the terrace in December while we were there with a buffet. They continue to do the nightly activities out by the pool at MTC and I actually found it to be more fun. There is plenty of room to sit and dance. All in all, we love it for what it is and the people, diving so are willing to watch it grow and continue to go there no matter what. The Grand is fabulous as usual--totally back to where it was pre-Ivan. No matter what, there's great diving, plenty to eat and drink and beautiful water and sand!

Kate F.
Feb 20, 2007

Thank you for your update !!! We own at the Grand and was certainly curious as to what was going on since Ivan, but as Doug (above) has informed me to check out http://morritts.17.forum which has given me the updates with pic's and even more !!! You should check out the forum since you are a frequent visitor to Morritts Tortuga Club !!! Enjoy and again thank you for the update :)

Sheila G.
Oct 29, 2007

The morritts.17.forum is a great place to look for news. We have been down again in July. The dock is open--a blast with a lot of the activities at night out there (dj, karaoke, etc.) and great food for dinner and lunch. The dock was done very well and the resort is becoming wonderful once again with the addition of the new Seaside building. We toured the condos and they're fabulous. The shopping center was such a great addition--you used to have to be sure to get all your groceries in town but that is no longer the case with the Foster's and the Thirsty Surfer across the street at the Reef.

Kate F.
Apr 17, 2008

I stayed in the Seaside Building Nov 2007....it was done. David's had just reoppened also. Seaside Building trumps the Grand!

Chris S.
Apr 17, 2008

We just returned from the Grand...it's gorgeous. The restaurant is wonderful--food was great.

Kate F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.