Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya

Palace Premier Vacation Plan

Dec 13, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace and joined the PPVP. We absolutely loved the resort but are thinking of going to the Moon Palace next with some single friends. Looking for a comparison of the two resorts.

Thanks!

Lori C.

Last edited by loric54 on Dec 13, 2006 04:27 PM

Dec 31, 2006

Not as good. I stayed there 2 years ago and visited them all. Moon Palace is big, crowded and not that great. Xpu Ha is better, and the new one at the golf course is supposed to be great as well

James K.
Jan 02, 2007

jamesk72 wrote:
Not as good. I stayed there 2 years ago and visited them all. Moon Palace is big, crowded and not that great. Xpu Ha is better, and the new one at the golf course is supposed to be great as well

I've heard the Sun Palace is supposed to be awesome, but we may be going with some single friends and I heard it's a couple's resort. Can you tell me more about Xpu Ha? I've heard the beach is fantastic but what about the restaurants? The information I read says there are 3 - I assume they also have snack food available all day?? Appreciate your input.

Lori C.
Feb 06, 2008

Would like to know more about the Sun Palace and the Aventura Spa Resort Palace. My son is planning a honeymoon and would like to know which is best and most romantic.

Ladonna V.
Feb 07, 2008

ladonnav2 wrote:
Would like to know more about the Sun Palace and the Aventura Spa Resort Palace. My son is planning a honeymoon and would like to know which is best and most romantic.

We have stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace once and are going back next month for our anniversay. We have not stayed at the Sun Palace but we visited the resort last April. The Spa Palace is closer to downtown Cancun where the Spa Palace is an hour from Cancun. The Sun Palace is A LOT smaller and not as luxurious as the ASP. The SP has a beach but if I remember correctly, not really swimable. The ASP is ocean front but doesn't actually have a beach. It does have a lagoon parallel to the ocean which is pretty cool. The spa at ASP is absolutely wonderful. My favorite is the ASP but it depends on what features are more important to you. We thought about staying at the Sun Palace prior to booking at ASP but after visiting the SP I'm glad we went with ASP.

We also visited the Cancun resort which is close to the SP and I would stay there over the SP. The beach is nicer and they have a bar right on the beach.

Also, if your son is honeymooning during spring break I would ONLY go to the ASP unless they don't mind a bunch of college students drinking 24/7.

Hope this isn't too much info. Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Lori

Lori C.
Apr 01, 2008

I am looking at doing a timeshare rental at Aventura Spa Palace. Has anyone done this before? I am new to this and would like any help in making this enjoyable for my wife and I.

Marty

Martin L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.