The Ocean at Taino Beach

extra charge at check-in and assessment

Dec 13, 2006

(1) At the time of my purchase I was not informed of the extra charge for "utilities" at check-in. Do any other owners have a problem with this? (2) The letter concerning the assessment: It states "The damage was repaired with insurance funds but it has resulted in a review by the management -----" The amount of the assessment, and the extent of the new improvements, was decided by the "management". Are the owners not involved in these decisions? waynehight@avsia.com

Wayne H.
Dec 29, 2006

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ritzowners/

Topics - Grand Bahama Newsgroup

Dolores M.
Dec 29, 2006

hi, I am another owner at Taino Beach which uses Ritz beach Resort units or did last year anyway, while they were waiting to see if I guess there would be any insurance payment for the ruined Tain Beach REsort units. There isn't, they are flat on the ground, and we all got a letter saying we wd have to pay a huge dues increase--NOT ALLOWED by our contract by the way---amounting to 6 times what we were previously paying. If we don't want to be robbed like that, we are told we can just walk away from our timeshare ownership and they won't charge us anthing to rob us of that timeshare---so they can resell the week, obviouslyl at a personal profit into their pockets.n We are being robbed right now as we speak. Formerly, the so-called "levy fee" that you speak of was around $88.00 for a week, in 2005 and 2006, for maid service (even tho 'you don't get maid service while you are there, only clean towels if you ask for them; it's for the cleanup after you LEAVE--but oh well,-- and also for the grocery run to stock up your unit's kitchen with a week's groceries. May I ask how much they are charging you now for this maid/grocery run fee?

hight wrote:
(1) At the time of my purchase I was not informed of the extra charge for "utilities" at check-in. Do any other owners have a problem with this? (2) The letter concerning the assessment: It states "The damage was repaired with insurance funds but it has resulted in a review by the management -----" The amount of the assessment, and the extent of the new improvements, was decided by the "management". Are the owners not involved in these decisions? waynehight@avsia.com

Marl M.
Dec 29, 2006

My annual maintenance fee for a grand villa in Ritz 1 is $399, when I check in there is a levy of $169 and now I'm billed for a one time assessment fee of $1744.

Dolores M.
Dec 30, 2006

There are actually 2 groups about Grand Bahama Island. One is totally useless if you want to voice your complaints and/or concerns about Taino because the regulars insult anyone with a differece of opinion from theirs. The other group is the Yahoo group listed above where you can get information from people in our same situation.

Dolores M.
Jan 02, 2007

Lots of info at Google--grand bahama news group

Wayne H.
Sep 13, 2007

I have been a owner for 9 yrs and this past july was our first visit. We were impressed. As for assessments it is stated in our contract that we must pay according to the size of the unit we are renting. It is also posted in the rci book, and on the web site. It is a goverment levy tax that the bahama required. The price we have to pay for something in another counrty. The maid came in once a week to tidy up, change sheets,towels, they even did our dishes. It was great. The store run was offered 2 times a week for free.

Margie C.
Feb 10, 2008

If you have a problem with cost the at Taino----go a cross the channel to the big hotel and mortgage your house for a room / go out for a meal ---sell your children........where can you stay on the ocean with the studio and pool for the price..

Don E.
Mar 15, 2008

Are there any extra charges when you exchange for this resort?

Kopavi D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.