Club Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort

Fairfield Hawaii at Kona Hawaiin Resort

Jan 07, 2007

We are staying at this resort in August of 2007. We would like to know what others would reccomend to do on the island. We will be bringing along 2 children that are boys and their ages are 12 and 14. Thank you

Rachel O.
Feb 25, 2007

We are staying at the resport 9/22-29. Looking for fun things to do. Plan to cook most meals in resort but go out at night for dinner most times. Do we need a 4wheel drive to get in the back country? Is the resort close to beach? How far away? Thanks, Pat

Pat F.
Feb 26, 2007

patf48 wrote:
We are staying at the resport 9/22-29. Looking for fun things to do. Plan to cook most meals in resort but go out at night for dinner most times. Do we need a 4wheel drive to get in the back country? Is the resort close to beach? How far away? Thanks, Pat

Pat, The resort is 1 mile from a beach. I'm not sure what particular beach it is though. This resort got very high reviews from travel advisor.com So I'm glad we are staying there. Some of the activities we are looking at doing is Volcanoes National Park, seeing Punalu'u Beach which is a black sand beach. Going to Hapuna beach which is rated as the 4th best beach in the world, and going to Island Breezes Lu'au. We also were told to go visit the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort. This is a huge resort and it has a tram that runs through it, a boat that travels around its waterways, and sealife that you can actually see. I wouldn't stay at this resort though, it received very poor reviews. Of course beacause it's very pricey to stay there people expect alot which they should. The Fairfield Hawaii at Kona Hawaiian Resort received very high reviews. Everybody that I have read that has stayed at this resort were very happy with it. If I find anymore information on the beach right by it I'll let you know.

Rachel O.
Feb 27, 2007

Pat, I just traded my timeshare ownership from Orlando, FL to the Kona Hawaiian Resort...for more reasons than I can list, but you made a good choice. Please visit www.konaweb.com. This site has a lot of good information on things to do/see on the Big Island. If you afford it, I highly recommend a helicopter tour of the island (we took Blue Hawaiian). It is worth the price, because you can definitely see parts of the island that you will not be able to see without spending all day getting there or are otherwise incaccessible.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the owners at Kona, we certainly hope that you enjoy your stay...no doubt that you will!

David G.
Feb 27, 2007

rachelo3 wrote:
patf48 wrote:

Pat, The resort is 1 mile from a beach. I'm not sure what particular beach it is though. This resort got very high reviews from travel advisor.com So I'm glad we are staying there. Some of the activities we are looking at doing is Volcanoes National Park, seeing Punalu'u Beach which is a black sand beach. Going to Hapuna beach which is rated as the 4th best beach in the world, and going to Island Breezes Lu'au. We also were told to go visit the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort. This is a huge resort and it has a tram that runs through it, a boat that travels around its waterways, and sealife that you can actually see. I wouldn't stay at this resort though, it received very poor reviews. Of course beacause it's very pricey to stay there people expect alot which they should. The Fairfield Hawaii at Kona Hawaiian Resort received very high reviews. Everybody that I have read that has stayed at this resort were very happy with it. If I find anymore information on the beach right by it I'll let you know.

THANKS FOR THE INFO. A CO WORKER STAYED AT THE RESORT AND LOVED IT SO I TOOK HIS RECOMMENDATION. IT SOUNDS REALLY NICE. WHEN I CALLED THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE JUST PURCHASED BY WYNDHAM RESORTS. THOUGHT THAT WAS INTERESTING. WYNDHAM RESORTS ARE USUALLY VERY NICE. THANKS AGAIN, PAT

Pat F.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 28, 2007 12:29 AM

Feb 27, 2007

davidg344 wrote:
Pat, I just traded my timeshare ownership from Orlando, FL to the Kona Hawaiian Resort...for more reasons than I can list, but you made a good choice. Please visit www.konaweb.com. This site has a lot of good information on things to do/see on the Big Island. If you afford it, I highly recommend a helicopter tour of the island (we took Blue Hawaiian). It is worth the price, because you can definitely see parts of the island that you will not be able to see without spending all day getting there or are otherwise incaccessible.

On behalf of myself and the rest of the owners at Kona, we certainly hope that you enjoy your stay...no doubt that you will!

THANKS FOR INFO. IT SOUNDS REALLY NICE. DID YOU KNOW THE RESORT WAS BOUGHT OUT BY WYNDAM RESORTS?

Pat F.
Feb 27, 2007

rachelo3 wrote:
patf48 wrote:

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. EVERYONE IS SO GREAT ABOUT ADVICE. IF YOU EVER NEED INFO ON LAS VEGAS LET ME KNOW MY TIMESHARE IS THERE AND I ALWAYS TRADE

Pat F.
Feb 28, 2007

On behalf of myself and the rest of the owners at Kona, we certainly hope that you enjoy your stay...no doubt that you will! THANKS FOR INFO. IT SOUNDS REALLY NICE. DID YOU KNOW THE RESORT WAS BOUGHT OUT BY WYNDAM RESORTS?

Yes, we were aware of the transfer to Wyndham resorts.

David G.
Mar 29, 2007

davidg344 wrote:

If you are not into helicopters, there is also a small plane tour - holds about 14 people or so.

Kathie L.
Apr 27, 2013

My wife and I bought into Fairfield about 13 years ago before it was bought by Wyndom. We also own on another Island. I have nothing bad to say about the Resorts. My wife passed away not long ago and I decided to take her name off of the deeds(4). I used Hawai Documents Service to due the legal work and paid them. I also had to pay Wyndom to delete or add an addenum to remove her name. Wyndom made more money than the Lawyers and they basically had no work to do. I found this very distasteful and harmful to the Wyndom name. It seems they have found a way to over bill their buyers instead of taking a nominal fee to change things in their computers.

Bill K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.