The Phoenix Resort

Tell me about this resort

Jan 15, 2007

I am considering staying in a studio unit at this resort. However, I can't find much information about the units, i.e., condition of furnishings and fixtures, cleanliness. general maintenance. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks much, Wanda

Wanda C.
Feb 05, 2007

wandac44 wrote:
I am considering staying in a studio unit at this resort. However, I can't find much information about the units, i.e., condition of furnishings and fixtures, cleanliness. general maintenance. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks much, Wanda

Wanda, I just booked a week at Phoenix through Interval International and can't find much in the way of information either. I would be grateful if you could share your info with me. Susan

Susan S.
Feb 05, 2007

susan1157 wrote:
wandac44 wrote:

Thanks much, Wanda

Wanda, I just booked a week at Phoenix through Interval International and can't find much in the way of information either. I would be grateful if you could share your info with me. Susan
Sorry, Susan, but I have had no responses to my request; however, should I receive anything I'll pass it along.

Wanda C.
Feb 15, 2007

Same here.

I am travelling over from Scotland and this is the only timeshare I can find in the whole of NZ with availability. Don't owners ever rent them out?

As to the Phoenix, compared to others there is almost no information so if they can't be bothered to advertise properly, what else can't they be bothered with. I am now thinking of going B & B instead.

Derek Williamson

Derek W.
Feb 15, 2007

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on this resort on the internet. I was able to find an email address for the resort though Phoenix Resort

Maybe they can provide you with the answers that you are looking for.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Feb 15, 2007

wandac44 wrote:
susan1157 wrote:
wandac44 wrote:

Thanks much, Wanda

Sorry, Susan, but I have had no responses to my request; however, should I receive anything I'll pass it along.
Wanda, At some point in my search I did read that each unit has a thermally heated pool...that sounded intriguing. We are going to stay there March 30 thru April 7 so I hope it isn't a bummer. Susan

Susan S.
Feb 15, 2007

derekw17 wrote:
Same here.

I am travelling over from Scotland and this is the only timeshare I can find in the whole of NZ with availability. Don't owners ever rent them out?

As to the Phoenix, compared to others there is almost no information so if they can't be bothered to advertise properly, what else can't they be bothered with. I am now thinking of going B & B instead.

Derek Williamson

Derek, That was the case with us too, and II said that they don't give them up much...hard to believe. It just looks a lot older than the other choices, but it says that each unit has a thermally heated pool, so that could be intriguing. Good luck. Susan

Susan S.
Feb 16, 2007

susan1157 wrote:
derekw17 wrote:
Same here.

Derek Williamson

Derek, That was the case with us too, and II said that they don't give them up much...hard to believe. It just looks a lot older than the other choices, but it says that each unit has a thermally heated pool, so that could be intriguing. Good luck. Susan
We have decided to stay at Lakeside Villas, very near the Phoenix, March 16-23, 2007. Sorry we'll just miss you. We traded with Dial an Exchange after having had no success with II. I did talk with Margaret in the office at the Phoenix. She was extremely nice and helpful to me. She did say that the property was pretty old, but that the units are well maintained. Actually, I doubt that either of these properties will be wonderful, but they should provide us with a comfortable place from which to tour the region. Good luck, and have a great trip. We leave on March 4 to return April 12. Wanda

Wanda C.
Feb 17, 2007

Interestingly enough, I am trading with dial an exchange as well and they say this is the only timeshare rental they have. Perhaps there was nothing available at Lakeside Villas.

I am going to become a gold member and see if this changes things.

Derek

Derek W.
Feb 17, 2007

derekw17 wrote:
Interestingly enough, I am trading with dial an exchange as well and they say this is the only timeshare rental they have. Perhaps there was nothing available at Lakeside Villas.

I am going to become a gold member and see if this changes things.

Derek

Derek, when are you traveling? Dial and Exchange's website shows that they have three units available at Lakeside Villas during March--3/9, 3/16, & 3/30. Wanda

Wanda C.
Feb 18, 2007

I am not travelling over until April 8th. Coming over alone on a fact finding mission for 3 weeks prior to wife and I emigrating later this year and was looking for a base for two weeks in different parts of north island as I have six weeks banked with dial an exchange and no time left to have holidays in Europe.

Having said that, have been offered good rates with several B & B's now so although not as good as timeshare, will probably go that route unless something good comes up.

As an addage, how good are the timeshares in that part of the world? Luxury and quality in America and Europe, but if not so hot over there, I may sell mine in Scotland and Spain. My Scottish one allows dogs.

Anyone have any comparisons?

Derek

Derek W.
Feb 18, 2007

derekw17 wrote:
I am not travelling over until April 8th. Coming over alone on a fact finding mission for 3 weeks prior to wife and I emigrating later this year and was looking for a base for two weeks in different parts of north island as I have six weeks banked with dial an exchange and no time left to have holidays in Europe.

Having said that, have been offered good rates with several B & B's now so although not as good as timeshare, will probably go that route unless something good comes up.

As an addage, how good are the timeshares in that part of the world? Luxury and quality in America and Europe, but if not so hot over there, I may sell mine in Scotland and Spain. My Scottish one allows dogs.

Anyone have any comparisons?

Derek

I don't know, but I don't expect too much. RCI and II don't show many in New Zealand with special ratings. I am located in the US, Alabama, and own at Grande Ocean Resort, Hilton Head, South Carolina, and Rue Esplanade in New Orleans. We have stayed at your Hilton Craigendarroch and at McDonald Forest Hills - had a wonderful time at both.

Wanda

Wanda C.
Feb 19, 2007

Forest Hills is great for a weekend. Its the only one that serves as much free whisky as you want to put on top of the porridge for breakfast. Really sets you up for the day LOL.

I own in Kinloch Rannoch. Fantastic views of the Loch and great walking area but that's about it. My spanish one is next to a busy road.

Perhaps someone will write a review of the phoenix soon.

Anyhow, I hope you have a great vacation and let us know how the lakeside villas rate? Have you been to NZ before?

Derek

Derek W.
Feb 19, 2007

derekw17 wrote:
Forest Hills is great for a weekend. Its the only one that serves as much free whisky as you want to put on top of the porridge for breakfast. Really sets you up for the day LOL.

I own in Kinloch Rannoch. Fantastic views of the Loch and great walking area but that's about it. My spanish one is next to a busy road.

Perhaps someone will write a review of the phoenix soon.

Anyhow, I hope you have a great vacation and let us know how the lakeside villas rate? Have you been to NZ before?

Derek

Well, Scotch is my drink of choice, but I haven't tried it on porridge.

Never been to NZ before & am looking forward to it, but dread the long flight. It's even longer for you though, isn't it. I'm wondering what your routing will be. Will you fly to our west coast and then on to NZ?

Have a wonderful trip.

Wanda

Wanda C.
Feb 20, 2007

LA on the way out and HK coming back. We are likely to get chucked off this thread soon for diversifying from the thread.

Wanda, my son took off for NZ in November and has decided to stay (he has a room in a flat). If you want any info before you go, don't hesitate to email me.

And if I visit this resort I will write a report for future reference.

Derek (Cwilliamsono@aol.com)

Derek W.
Mar 11, 2007

derekw17 wrote:
LA on the way out and HK coming back. We are likely to get chucked off this thread soon for diversifying from the thread.

Wanda, my son took off for NZ in November and has decided to stay (he has a room in a flat). If you want any info before you go, don't hesitate to email me.

And if I visit this resort I will write a report for future reference.

Derek (Cwilliamsono@aol.com)

We have booked this resort for April - we live in NZ and have been to Taupo many times so I can tell you the resort would be in a perfect location across the road from the lake...a fantastic spot...

Judy W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.