Galleon Bay Club

Galleon Bay Club

Jan 16, 2007

If anyone has stayed at Galleon Bay Club please let me know about your experiences. What time of year did you stay? How far of a walk was it to the beach? Did you experience any jellyfish? Was the beach kept clean? Were the waves good for boogie boards? Was it nice or noisy having the marina right under one's balcony? Was the pool and outdoor whirlpool/hot tub nice? Was the time share condo and property clean and kept in decent repair? Was the staff friendly and helpfull? Thanks for any responses.

Cecelia J.
Apr 25, 2007

ceceliaj2 wrote:
If anyone has stayed at Galleon Bay Club please let me know about your experiences. What time of year did you stay? How far of a walk was it to the beach? Did you experience any jellyfish? Was the beach kept clean? Were the waves good for boogie boards? Was it nice or noisy having the marina right under one's balcony? Was the pool and outdoor whirlpool/hot tub nice? Was the time share condo and property clean and kept in decent repair? Was the staff friendly and helpfull? Thanks for any responses.
We have owned a week at the GBC since 1990. We love it. More family atmosphere than that of a party atmosphere. The hot tub is ok, sometimes you have to wait for others to get out. The pool is small but clean. The walk to the beach is about 5 minutes, the docks out back of the property are nice and you can catch fish right off the decks! Beautiful bay sunset from the deck. Great restaraunt right next door (Scampis) and great night life and family activities throughout the entire day and night...friendly staff, waves are decent at times, clear water, sometime jellyfish (when water gets warmer)..boogie boarding is good, shopping along SPI Blvd. is awesome, great 'scenery' too if you know what I mean!

John S.

Last edited by johns1157 on Apr 25, 2007 11:42 AM

Jan 06, 2009

We too like john have owned 1 week at GBC since 2000 and we love it. Especially the laundry utilities in each unit, you don't have to bring dirty laundry back home after a vacation. We have gone at all times of year. If you want peace/quite go in the winter months, in the summer its family time, and if you want noise come visit in March with the springbreakers. There are great restaurants, shopping, and the beach is 3 blocks away. There is jelly fish at times. The beach is always kept clean, waves are good almost always. The property is kept clean and the condos are also very clean. I haved checked out 2 other condos and I am amazed at the difference. Our staff is very friendly, it didn't use to be but it is now. This year we will have a brand new condo because the whole condo building is being remodeled because of hurricane Dolly.

Celia G.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 06, 2009 10:42 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.