Topsider Resort

Topsider 1 Resort

Jan 17, 2007

Can anyone tell me about this resort??Not much on trip advisor or anywhere else for that matter. The Resort web page is showing some repairs after Wilma took her toll. Have all the units been repaired and cleaned up??? Also if you have stayed here since Wilma, was the resort up to your standards? Thinking of staying there, but a little leary. Looks like my kind of place, Very low key and private. Thank you!!!!Lorene at bldownsized@worldnet.att.net

Lorene B.
Mar 31, 2007

Lorene: Topsider is a charming, small, quiet, kinda "funky" resort! We have owned a week here for 5 years and we love it. Don't expect 5 star amenities but the place is always clean and the owner/managers are a young couple who are very helpful and amenable. Many people have owned here since the resort was built in the 80s and come every year. We were there last year in May and the dock was being rebuilt after the storm. It is now fully operational according to the website. There was no damage to the units and they have been renovating them one by one - there are only 20. The units have 2 beds and 2 baths -bathrooms are small. Queen size bed in one bedroom, 2 twins in the other, double futon in living room. They have a tennis court, a pool, a jacuzzi, bicycles to borrow and a few kayaks, canoes etc. also. There is a tiny private beach (all beaches in the Keys are tiny!). Advice: Don't stay in units 10 or 20 - they are the closest to the highway and can be noisy with the windows open. 1 and 11 are right on the Gulf but are almost never available to rent and are always more expensive. The numbers in between are all ok. Go to www.topsiderresort.com for more info. or feel free to e-mail me. Gillian gillydrizzle@yahoo.com

Gillian D.
Jun 12, 2009

Can you rent a boat nearby? leave it on the dock?

Scott S.
Jun 12, 2009

There are berths on the dock for boats. I'm sure you can rent boats in the vicinity. Islamorada is the fishing center of the Keys.

In addition, the resort has a small collection of canoes, kayaks etc.

Gillian D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.