Ask RedWeek

Holiday Inn Resort Now has Ron Jon Cape Caribe is it a good idea to sign up w RCI IHG for 1 yr

Jun 09, 2014

Holiday Inn picked up RJCC ... they are asking us to sign a contract to only exchange with them RCI * IHG ONLY convert to points instead of weeks... is this a good idea? Contract is free 1st year then we pay for other 2 years of 3 year contract.

Victoria H.
Jun 09, 2014

Why would you give up your week to let them control your choices. Any time they change systems it always favors the developer. Read through the threads and you will see all the people that wish they never gave up their weeks and converted. They can change the rules at anytime when you sign up for thier programs.

Don P.
Jun 09, 2014

TK U I am a little ignorant about all this as we don't use our weeks... but this latest concern seemed too good to be true.Thanks for your input1

Victoria H.
Jun 10, 2014

vickih70 wrote:
TK U I am a little ignorant about all this as we don't use our weeks... but this latest concern seemed too good to be true.Thanks for your input1

I'm somewhat confused .... is Holiday Inn asking you to get out of RCI and sign with Holiday Inn's Vacation Club exchange company? If you don't use your weeks then I doubt you would use points. Converting from weeks to points in any system will cost you a lot of money.

Not using your weeks, renting them out or exchanging is the worst thing you can do being a timeshare owner.

R P.
Jun 10, 2014

Ron Jon was purchased by Holiday Inn so they've added it to their 6 or so resorts. They are wanting us to contract with IHG and RCI ONLY for 3 yrs with 1st yr membership paid in full ONLY... and to convert our weeks to point system... we are researching all routes...

Victoria H.
Jun 10, 2014

If they are charging you anything above $1000 to do this, I would decline.

If it was something that was offered at one of those sales presentations, I would also decline.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.