Timeshare Companies

Has anyone dealt with Time No More, Inc

Jan 31, 2007

There is a company called Time No More, Inc. who got a hold of us and set up a meeting. They say that they will make an offer on our timeshare, and if we accept handle all the paperwork. I was wondering if anyone has heard of or dealt with this company? If so what was your experience?

Thanks!

Tawny V.
Feb 01, 2007

I don't know this company, but what will probably happen is that they will tell you that your timeshare is worthless and that they will take it off your hands if you give them $3000.

Also, if they ask for an upfront fee for selling your timeshare then don't do it. If they are a reputable resale company they will take their percentage after the sale, not before. Proceed with extreme caution in this meeting.

R P.
Feb 01, 2007

More on this company below:

http://www.tug2.net/advice/TS_scams.htm

R P.
Sep 30, 2007

babycakes18 wrote:
There is a company called Time No More, Inc. who got a hold of us and set up a meeting. They say that they will make an offer on our timeshare, and if we accept handle all the paperwork. I was wondering if anyone has heard of or dealt with this company? If so what was your experience?

Thanks!

We also got a card from these guys. What do you now know about them? Danny

Dan B.
Sep 30, 2007

There is a company called Time No More, Inc. who got a hold of us and set up a meeting. etc.etc.... Is this a real deal or another timeshare scam? Danny

Dan B.
Sep 30, 2007

danb167 wrote:
There is a company called Time No More, Inc. who got a hold of us and set up a meeting. etc.etc.... Is this a real deal or another timeshare scam? Danny
======================================

In this very forum, in this very thread, jayjay has already kindly provided both some good insight and a link for you to follow up further on what is almost certainly just another so-called "PostCard Company", looking for YOU to pay THEM to "take your timeshare off your hands".

If so, they are not going to be buying ANYTHING from you at ANY price. YOU will be the only one parting with any money if this is just another PCC, looking to take your money, and then dump the timeshare on eBay for ten cents (....why not? they will have already made $3k from you if you fall into this sucker trap).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 30, 2007 05:40 AM

Dec 03, 2007

babycakes18 wrote:

Thanks!

I just talked to two different people who could not give me a straight answer about anything. All questions will be answered at the presentation. Specifically they would not say if there is any closing costs or wqho pays them or how much, This sounds like a big scam to me.

Bob K.
Dec 03, 2007

bobk111 states: >>I just talked to two different people who could not give me a straight answer about anything. All questions will be answered at the presentation. Specifically they would not say if there is any closing costs or wqho pays them or how much, This sounds like a big scam to me.<< =====================================

If you will read some posts on any timeshare related site (including posts right here in this very thread) concerning "PostCard Companies", you will immediately get a crystal clear picture.

The bottom line is that they will attempt to get you to attend a "meeting", at which they will endeavor to convince YOU to pay THEM approximately $3,500 to do you the favor of "taking your timeshare off your hands". Do you really need to know anything more????

KC
Dec 03, 2007

ken1193 wrote:
bobk111 states: >>I just talked to two different people who could not give me a straight answer about anything. All questions will be answered at the presentation. Specifically they would not say if there is any closing costs or wqho pays them or how much, This sounds like a big scam to me.<< =====================================

If you will read some posts on any timeshare related site (including posts right here in this very thread) concerning "PostCard Companies", you will immediately get a crystal clear picture.

The bottom line is that they will attempt to get you to attend a "meeting", at which they will endeavor to convince YOU to pay THEM approximately $3,500 to do you the favor of "taking your timeshare off your hands". Do you really need to know anything more????

Ken I think that most people would take their timeshare and $3500 because the worse thing to happen was you pay MF out of their money!

I would think most timeshares that are not selling well have low MF anyway because they are not the better resorts to start with. The higher units could be sold even if only for a dollar so you still have few years to make a profit!

These people that fall for this or are such bad shape that they will pay could list this same offer on a site and probably have 100 offers to except in minutes.

Phil L.
Dec 03, 2007

Re: >>These people that fall for this or are in such bad shape that they will pay could list this same offer on a site and probably have 100 offers to accept in minutes.<<

Phil: As you know, this is the time of the year when maintenance fee bills begin to get mailed out. These Postcard Companies certainly know this fact, and their own efforts increase now on purpose, as they seek to take advantage of people who might be in a vulnerable state of mind (unwelcome MF bills, holiday bills coming, maybe personal financial difficulties or job loss, etc.). It's just beyond my comprehension that anyone could possibly be so deperate or disenchanted that they would actually pay $3.5 k to get rid of something they can sell, as you've observed, on their own --- even if it's for just peanuts. Yet, these PostCard Companies somehow seem to live on and thrive. It's just baffling....

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 03, 2007 04:50 PM

Dec 04, 2007

phill12 wrote:
These people that fall for this or are such bad shape that they will pay could list this same offer on a site and probably have 100 offers to except in minutes.

Not necessarily, since many of those people may have tried to sell their timeshare pricing it far too high (possibly developer price that they paid originally) on the resale market with no success.

They become frustrated and then along comes a PCC to take that timeshare off their hands for averaging 5 mainternance fees of money. If the seller would have kept dropping his price, he may have sold his timeshare on his own.

The guy that's had that albatross around his neck is willing to pay the price to rid himself of that debt. Now the PCC is responsible for all fees related to that timeshare and could have that debt for years to come if it's not sold. I can certainly see the need for such a company, but their fees are outrageous.

BTW, the $1 timeshares on Ebay by the PCCs actually devalue ALL timeshares. You used to never see $1 timeshares on Ebay. This has been a recent phenomenon in the last several years with the advent of the PCCs (post card companies) and some of those timeshares are gold crown in popular seasons.

R P.
Dec 05, 2007

My parents (ages 84 and 79) JUST met with these folks in Charlotte NC this weekend!!! They were told to bring the deed with them. Which they did. They had to pay a $79.00 fee up front for what they were told would be a "club fee". They would buy the timeshare from them, but this would also be a years membership so if they decided that they wanted to travel and stay somewhere else at some point, Time No More would find them accomodations. Then they would pay the going rate to rent a place for a week. When I asked my parents how much they sold the timeshare for, they said oh they didn't give US a check, they will give it to our timeshare DIRECTLY...so then I asked what's in for you??!! They were told they would get a tax break. They also had to sign alot of "legal papers" and they felt it was legitimate. I wish I had insisted on going with them now, or checked the company out first online. BE CAREFUL. They do say they are registered with the Better Business Bureau of Georgia and the Carolinas...but I wonder about that! The mans name they dealt with was Andy Hawkins. Good luck to all... hope this helps! Lisa in Concord, NC

Lisa V.
Dec 05, 2007

lisav91 wrote:
My parents (ages 84 and 79) JUST met with these folks in Charlotte NC this weekend!!! They were told to bring the deed with them. Which they did. They had to pay a $79.00 fee up front for what they were told would be a "club fee". They would buy the timeshare from them, but this would also be a years membership so if they decided that they wanted to travel and stay somewhere else at some point, Time No More would find them accomodations. Then they would pay the going rate to rent a place for a week. When I asked my parents how much they sold the timeshare for, they said oh they didn't give US a check, they will give it to our timeshare DIRECTLY...so then I asked what's in for you??!! They were told they would get a tax break. They also had to sign alot of "legal papers" and they felt it was legitimate. I wish I had insisted on going with them now, or checked the company out first online. BE CAREFUL. They do say they are registered with the Better Business Bureau of Georgia and the Carolinas...but I wonder about that! The mans name they dealt with was Andy Hawkins. Good luck to all... hope this helps! Lisa in Concord, NC
=========== Double-check all the paperwork you parents have signed to be sure there are no more hidden costs.

If they in fact did get rid of their TS for only $79.00 then count them as one of the lucky ones. Most people get ripped off for a few thousand dollars. Companies will tell people that the "vacation club" membership costs $10,000, and they will "buy" their TS for $7,000. Thus the remaining cost to the owner will be $3,000.

Regarding the "tax deduction"...the Rep probably claimed that your parents can deduct the value of the timeshare as a loss. This is NOT true.

Mike N.
Dec 05, 2007

lisav91 wrote:
=====================================

I'm sorry, but this sounds all wrong (and very fishy) for a whole variety of different reasons:

1. If it's your parents who OWN the timeshare, then it's only your parents who can be PAID for the time share. The "buyer" can't pay someone else who isn't the owner of a timeshare and have that be a valid transaction. and change of ownership.

2. The "club" aspect of this does not pass my smell test.

3. There are generally no "tax breaks" available in the sale of a timeshare, even when sold at a loss. Even when just donated, a deduction is generally limited to the dollar amount of the selling price --- and only when the charity accepting it "unloads" it and provides a receipt for the amount. Also, a "tax deduction" is very different from a "tax credit" (a "tax deduction" is worth about 28% to the average taxpayer of what a "tax credit" is worth).

4. BBB "affiliation" means absolutely nothing, except that some company (whether honest or not) paid a fee to join BBB, in order to then be able to say "we are members of BBB". So what??? BBB sells memberships to anyone who will pay the fee to join and BBB has no legal authority (or any other particular significance). They compile statistics on complaints, nothing more. And by the way, when a dishonest company gets too many complaints filed against them, they just change their name in order to become a brand new entity --- with no complaints!

I'm sorry to be both suspicious and the bearer of bad news, but I smell something rotten here...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 05, 2007 11:30 AM

Dec 05, 2007

ken1193 wrote:
lisav91 wrote:
=====================================

I'm sorry, but this sounds all wrong (and very fishy) for a whole variety of different reasons:

1. If it's your parents who OWN the timeshare, then it's only your parents who can be PAID for the time share. The "buyer" can't pay someone else who isn't the owner of a timeshare and have that be a valid transaction. and change of ownership.

2. The "club" aspect of this does not pass my smell test.

3. There are generally no "tax breaks" available in the sale of a timeshare, even when sold at a loss. Even when just donated, a deduction is generally limited to the dollar amount of the selling price --- and only when the charity accepting it "unloads" it and provides a receipt for the amount. Also, a "tax deduction" is very different from a "tax credit" (a "tax deduction" is worth about 28% to the average taxpayer of what a "tax credit" is worth).

4. BBB "affiliation" means absolutely nothing, except that some company (whether honest or not) paid a fee to join BBB, in order to then be able to say "we are members of BBB". So what??? BBB sells memberships to anyone who will pay the fee to join and BBB has no legal authority (or any other particular significance). They compile statistics on complaints, nothing more. And by the way, when a dishonest company gets too many complaints filed against them, they just change their name in order to become a brand new entity --- with no complaints!

I'm sorry to be both suspicious and the bearer of bad news, but I smell something rotten here...

============= Very well put, Ken. It seems she got "out of it" too easily (i.e. for $79).

Mike N.
Dec 05, 2007

My question is why did the above people pay just $79 (first yearly payment) for a travel 'club fee' in exchange for the PCC taking their timeshare off their hands? Normally the PCCs ask in the neighborhood of $3500 to take a timeshare? Is this a different kind of PCC? What gives .... ?

R P.
Jan 11, 2008

babycakes18 wrote:

Thanks!

I received a postcard. Icalled and made an appointment. After i called i went on the web and got some info. Icalled Time no more back and told them i they going to ask me to pay them to take my Time Share of my hands. The girl her name was Mary Ann said she would ask her supervisor. When she came back she told me thats the way they work so would i like to cancel my reservation. Naturally i said yes. The way they have it worded and the way she explaided it was very deceiving and sneaky. Stay away from Time No More.

Josie B.
Jan 11, 2008

babycakes18 wrote:

Thanks!

STAY AWAY FROM THEM . THEY TELL YOU THEY WILL MAKE AN OFFER ON YOUR TIME SHARE. BUT THEY WANT YOU TO PAY THEM TO TAKE IT OF YOUR HANDS. iT IS A VERY DECEPTIVE PRACTICE. SO BEWARE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Josie B.
Jun 11, 2008

josieb6 wrote:
babycakes18 wrote:

Thanks!

STAY AWAY FROM THEM . THEY TELL YOU THEY WILL MAKE AN OFFER ON YOUR TIME SHARE. BUT THEY WANT YOU TO PAY THEM TO TAKE IT OF YOUR HANDS. iT IS A VERY DECEPTIVE PRACTICE. SO BEWARE FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

FIRST OFF ALL THEIR OFFER IS TO ASK FOR MONEY FROM YOU WHICH WILL COST YOU $3000+ TO GET OUT OF YOUR TIMESHARE. WHICH THEY WILL USE THE TIMESHARE FOR A TRAVEL CLUB WHICH YOU WILL BECOME PART OFF. BUT, YOUR TIMESHARE WILL END UP ON EBAY!!! BEAWARE SCAM !!!

Anthony C.
Aug 28, 2008

darreng16 amuses us with the following drivel:

>> yes we have done business with this company and yes we paid them to take it............. we would have paid the 3500 to keep it in fees and assesments etc..... they are very professional and no hassels..... dont listen to these morons on this site, they are the same people who will be ******** about thier fees going up again next year<< ================================================

If you actually paid someone $3500.00 to take your timeshare from you, I respectfully submit that you are hardly in any position to call ANYONE a "moron"....

I've owned timeshare weeks for 25 years now. I don't complain about increases in maintenance fees; I expect them and I understand their purpose. Perhaps that's because I was "moron" enough to actually select and buy timeshares with real value, on the resale market; all of them worth considerably more money today than what I paid for them originally.

So who's actually the "moron" here....????

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 28, 2008 02:42 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.