Imperial Hawaii Vacation Club

Does anyone go here

Mar 05, 2007

I guess all the owners are happy with the new assesment or nobody reads these messages. The new land lease comes up in 2012. The value of the land will be deceided by the properties next to the Imperial. The new agreement says that the lease will never be less than the currant lease and will increase at least 5% per year. That is the given. So the new value wil be set in 2012 and increase from there. So if you think the maintaince is high now you haven't seen anything yet. BOHICA

Robert G.

Last edited by redbird on Mar 05, 2007 06:27 AM

Jun 16, 2007

mad as hell about this whole situation. a class action law suit is in order, i believe. we did not buy into this mess.

Gladys T.
Oct 27, 2008

I have read nothing but negitive reviews on the Imperial. I own 3 weeks at the Imperial and USE every one of them . One trip in winter and again in summer. I always attend an owners meeting. IT IS A WONDERFUL RESORT. It is the best value , best location and has the most friendly staff running it. It has been completely repainted on the outside at NO cost to owners. All the balconies have been completly redone at NO cost to the owners. It looks beautiful from the outside. There are problems with the building. Because of age it will need new plumbing and electrical. But that is what the board is trying to work out. What ever they decide ,partial shutdown or full shutdown, the owners will always have a place to go in Waikiki. All of the money from your assessments is sitting in the bank ready to be used for renovation. earning interest. Right now it is close to 9 million dollars. The 27th floor is newly furnished, new elavators are being put in as I write this. The staff is working very hard to tackle all the every day problems that come up. The idea behind the up front assessment was to see who would stay with the Imperial and see it through. Many did bail out and those units are now up for sale. One of the most unique features of the Imperial is the renting program we have. We take in over 1 million dollars to help pay for expenses. Your fees would be double without this program. That corner of the Imperial is absolutely beautiful. It is the new center of Waikiki. New , new all around us. Everything is new. Don't worry about the lease . Sure it is going to go up but what else is not. We will own the building until the mid 2050's no matter what. Now we have to find a way to make it last. GO there ,use it ,enjoy it. The Imperial is one of the best buys in all Waikiki.

Dennis T.
May 07, 2010

Have all the improvements been made? I would like to rent or exchange there later this summer, and want to know if it will be a good or ugly situation, with nenovations that were discussed 2-3 years ago on this forum.

Has the pool and jacuzzi been renovated and working fine?

What is the current situation on parking fees?

Jay A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.