Calypso Cay Vacation Villas

satisfaction in purchase at Calypso Cay Vacation Villas

Mar 21, 2007

Have you purchased a timeshare at Calypso Cay Vacation Villas in Orlando, Florida? Are you satisfied with your purchase? How long have you owned your timeshare? How easy is it to exchange your timeshare for another location?

We are in Calypso Cay now and have taken the tour. Should we buy?

Linda L.
Apr 01, 2007

Do NOT buy. I have had an Interval Exchange for 1½ years with no luck on getting an exchange. The maintence fees keep going up. If you buy, buy only from a listing in Red Week.

The "owner dept" at Calypso Cay is worthless. They will not help you get an exchange or sell your timeshare.

They just want your money!

Best regards, Jim jmccl@comcast.net

Jim M.
Apr 02, 2007

lindal269 wrote:
Have you purchased a timeshare at Calypso Cay Vacation Villas in Orlando, Florida? Are you satisfied with your purchase? How long have you owned your timeshare? How easy is it to exchange your timeshare for another location?

i have owned at calypso cay for 4 years although i am not satisfied with the cleaning service. i stayed there last year for the first time because i usually exchange and i actually like it. i exchanged for hawii for two weeks. i have a two bed room lock off unit every other year and my maint. fee was 419.00. although i am thinking of selling it because i want to get one that is for every year i didn't realize that it was every other year when i bought it but i can use it as a one bed room every year. before i bought this one i had owned one in lauderdale and it had nothing and the mait. fee was $450.00 every year and it was a one bed room but because it was on the beach it was always in repair because of the ocean. then when the hurricans hit and they get damage and have to close you lose your week if you don't belong to an exchange company. owning a time share acually forces me to take a vac. every year where as i ptobably would put it off. it all depends on what you are looking for.

Geraldine K.
Apr 03, 2007

We bought last year and just stayed in a 2 bedroom villa for the first time last week. It was very enjoyable. The unit was immaculate and the staff willing to do anything we asked for. I don't understand the negative reviews on this website. Our experience was great in every way.

Susan F.
Jan 23, 2008

susanf158 wrote:
We bought last year and just stayed in a 2 bedroom villa for the first time last week. It was very enjoyable. The unit was immaculate and the staff willing to do anything we asked for. I don't understand the negative reviews on this website. Our experience was great in every way.

I've owned at Calypso Cay for 5 years, have been there 3 times during Spring Break periods of time, and have been thrilled with the facility and the staff assistance! I don't understand the "negatives" either . . . . I just haven't seen or experienced it!

Terry D.
Mar 14, 2008

lindal269 wrote:

I have purchased a timeshare at Calypso Cay and I have been trying to get a hold of customer service to sell my timeshare. They did not inform me of all the hidden costs and they also did not inform me when they would be taking money out of my account to pay the monthly payment. I am tired of not getting any calls back and I am tired of having them take money out of my account when they feel like they want to!! They also didn't inform me that you have a set week when you can go otherwise you have to pay a reservation fee to go any other time. They also didn't let me know when my week is!! Don't waste your money

Misty P.
Mar 15, 2008

mistyp15 wrote:
lindal269 wrote:

I have purchased a timeshare at Calypso Cay and I have been trying to get a hold of customer service to sell my timeshare. They did not inform me of all the hidden costs and they also did not inform me when they would be taking money out of my account to pay the monthly payment. I am tired of not getting any calls back and I am tired of having them take money out of my account when they feel like they want to!! They also didn't inform me that you have a set week when you can go otherwise you have to pay a reservation fee to go any other time. They also didn't let me know when my week is!! Don't waste your money
how much were you paying attention when they were explaining things to you! you had to consent to them taking money out of your account and your week is right on the paper work. it is a lot to grasp but didn't you grasp any part of the deal? i would actually buy a timeshare on the internet because you can get it cheaper and yes once the timesharers get you to buy and get your money of course they don't get back to you. they will not buy it back your stuck unless you can sell it on your own and do not fall into the trap of giving someone money to sell it ever no matter what they tell you. list it on red week if your lucky you will get a bite. what did you actually buy , what time of the year do you have it for and what did you pay? i haven't been there in a couple of years have they finished any projects? in the mean time use it or if you belong to II or RCI exchange it! in the begining we all get takin like you did but you learn by your mistakes welcome to our world.

Geraldine K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.