Apr 01, 2007

Has anyone been to Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach and Villa with-in the past year. Interested in getting opinions on the accomodations, cleanliness, and food. My wife and I are thinking of going mid April, we are in our early 50's.

Joseph D.
Jun 25, 2007

valley1975 wrote:
Has anyone been to Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Beach and Villa with-in the past year. Interested in getting opinions on the accomodations, cleanliness, and food. My wife and I are thinking of going mid April, we are in our early 50's.

Hello Valley1975 did you make the trip in April and if so could you post your opinions afther your stay, I will be goining there on 07/07/07 ,hoping to see your reply

Howard B.
Aug 09, 2007

We were there around 6 months ago..great time. Wonderfull improvements. Great restaurants etc..very clean. We are owners..

Lorri B.
Aug 10, 2007

lorribarnes wrote:
We were there around 6 months ago..great time. Wonderfull improvements. Great restaurants etc..very clean. We are owners..

HI Lorrie this is Howard Beswick,I also was there this July 7 to 7/14/07 ( first time ) we had 3 friends meet us there from Calif. we are from New York, Had two bedroom villa , great food and service was great we all had a great time , staff was top notch every friendley and eager to please there are like 6 restaurants

Howard B.
Aug 10, 2007

We do own a few weeks there. The best to get are the two bedroom ranch units..fantastic for familes..private pool for only that unit.

Lorri B.
Aug 27, 2007

howardb21 wrote:
lorribarnes wrote:

HI Lorrie this is Howard Beswick,I also was there this July 7 to 7/14/07 ( first time ) we had 3 friends meet us there from Calif. we are from New York, Had two bedroom villa , great food and service was great we all had a great time , staff was top notch every friendley and eager to please there are like 6 restaurants

Theresa H.
Aug 27, 2007

Lori or Howard What did you have to pay for the allinclusive use.

Theresa H.
Aug 28, 2007

theresa22 wrote:
Lori or Howard What did you have to pay for the allinclusive use.

Theresa , We paid $710.00 per couple, well worth it as we had dinner and Show at Sandals Montego bay , and dinner and show also at Sandals Dunns river, great food Mmmmm and our fridge was always stock, beer / juice ect.

Howard B.
Aug 28, 2007

Thanks Howard

Theresa H.
Jun 12, 2008

My husband & I have been to a couple of Sandals before, & I recently found out that this one is a timeshare. Would love more info about how to go about this. If anyone can tell me if they bought here on the secondary market, or new & give me as much info as you can about this Sandals, I would appreciate it! Thanks... -Kathy M.

Kathy M.
Jun 13, 2008

kathy634 wrote:
My husband & I have been to a couple of Sandals before, & I recently found out that this one is a timeshare. Would love more info about how to go about this. If anyone can tell me if they bought here on the secondary market, or new & give me as much info as you can about this Sandals, I would appreciate it! Thanks... -Kathy M.

Hi Kathy Yes Sandals Grande Sport is a Timeshare, but they were not sold by Sandals, They were Known as Club Ortanique, they were on the opposit side of Sandals in Ochio Rios, Club Ortanique had financial problems and was bought by Sandals, The Timeshare's is on the hillside and and the hotel is on the Beach, The timeshare's are Two Bedroom villas each with there own privite pool,Sleep 6 full kitchen,master bedroom has mini fridge,Since Sandals took over and they are All -Inclusive the kitchen is no longer used except the fridge that is stock with beer Juice and soda as is the mini fridge in the master bd. living area also has A mini bar set up, You can only buy on resale market, Price on Red-week runs from $12000 to 20000 + you can buy eaither half of the 2 bd rm,but the master bedroom part control the living area, there are no resale on Redweek or other sites I check, at the Moment They are Hard to come buy as Sandals Has ROFR that they use,as they convert them to hotel unit and rent out up to $3000 per nite AI with Butler , not a bad deal at $500 per.person per nite AI with butler, on A 2bd rm villa maintaince is $830 and AI for 2 is $738 per week, Trade tru RCI and SFX gold crown, and you know service and food is second to none at Sandals, and you have option to go eat and play at any Sandals,I have 8 timeshare and will sell them all except this one,its a keeper If intrested in owening let me know ,post here as Last year I spoke with a person that was looking to sell, sorry did not get info ,was not intrested, this is RTU till 2061 PS Resort has 8 Resturant Howard

Howard B.

Last edited by howardb21 on Jun 13, 2008 02:26 PM

Jun 13, 2008

howardb21 wrote:
kathy634 wrote:

Hi Kathy Yes Sandals Grande Sport is a Timeshare, but they were not sold by Sandals, They were Known as Club Ortanique, they were on the opposit side of Sandals in Ochio Rios, Club Ortanique had financial problems and was bought by Sandals, The Timeshare's is on the hillside and and the hotel is on the Beach, The timeshare's are Two Bedroom villas each with there own privite pool,Sleep 6 full kitchen,master bedroom has mini fridge,Since Sandals took over and they are All -Inclusive the kitchen is no longer used except the fridge that is stock with beer Juice and soda as is the mini fridge in the master bd. living area also has A mini bar set up, You can only buy on resale market, Price on Red-week runs from $12000 to 20000 + you can buy eaither half of the 2 bd rm,but the master bedroom part control the living area, there are no resale on Redweek or other sites I check, at the Moment They are Hard to come buy as Sandals Has ROFR that they use,as they convert them to hotel unit and rent out up to $3000 per nite AI with Butler , not a bad deal at $500 per.person per nite AI with butler, on A 2bd rm villa maintaince is $830 and AI for 2 is $738 per week, Trade tru RCI and SFX gold crown, and you know service and food is second to none at Sandals, and you have option to go eat and play at any Sandals,I have 8 timeshare and will sell them all except this one,its a keeper If intrested in owening let me know ,post here as Last year I spoke with a person that was looking to sell, sorry did not get info ,was not intrested, this is RTU till 2061 PS Resort has 8 Resturant Howard

Hi Howard! Thanks alot for replying-I honestly didn't think I would hear back from anyone so soon! O.K. so you mention Sandals bought this place so if I were interested in getting a unit there, I can only buy on the secondary market, right? Actually I think that would be better for us because I'm sure I couldn't afford new at all! Honestly not sure I could really afford it on the s/market either.(depends on what someone would sell it for) So what do you own there? Do you use it every year? Also you mention the timeshares are up in the hills.Are these with ocean views & do you have to walk far to get "down" to the ocean? So far everything you described sounds really nice. I would certainly be interested if you come across the person thinking of selling or if you rent yours out. Can we only correspond through this forum? I have visited redweek a few times but I am not a member on here as of yet. It seems like it's worth it to be a member though. We own a one bedroom on St. Pete's Beach, FL. (47) & I would like to rent my unit out this year (or possibly sell it as well). Thanks again for any other input you can give me regarding this resort!! -Kathy

Kathy M.
Jun 14, 2008

kathy634 wrote:
howardb21 wrote:
kathy634 wrote:

Hi Howard! Thanks alot for replying-I honestly didn't think I would hear back from anyone so soon! O.K. so you mention Sandals bought this place so if I were interested in getting a unit there, I can only buy on the secondary market, right? Actually I think that would be better for us because I'm sure I couldn't afford new at all! Honestly not sure I could really afford it on the s/market either.(depends on what someone would sell it for) So what do you own there? Do you use it every year? Also you mention the timeshares are up in the hills.Are these with ocean views & do you have to walk far to get "down" to the ocean? So far everything you described sounds really nice. I would certainly be interested if you come across the person thinking of selling or if you rent yours out. Can we only correspond through this forum? I have visited redweek a few times but I am not a member on here as of yet. It seems like it's worth it to be a member though. We own a one bedroom on St. Pete's Beach, FL. (47) & I would like to rent my unit out this year (or possibly sell it as well). Thanks again for any other input you can give me regarding this resort!! -Kathy
I think you could buy a studio unit for 5-6,000 per week and maintance fee is less than 400. Add that to your all inclusive fee of 730 per week per couple and it comes to 80.70 per person per night..great price for all inclusive. Well worth the investment. Please feel free to contact me with any questions as we own a few weeks and are original owners from when the resort first was sold..Lorri Barnes lorribarnes@yahoo.com

Lorri B.
Jun 16, 2008

I own a two bedroom every year, Some villas are Ocean view and some garden view, mine is garden view, each villa are secluded and Privite. I rent every other year and use it the other year, I go to Jamaica every year, but stays with friends ect.in years that I rent out Sandals, I have fix week 27 but Sandals Will Float it, Meaning if resort is not full you can go any time of year , this year I rent to someone that wanted it for his Daughter's wedding. Villas are a nice walk to ocean, but only if you want to walk as there are Shuttle running allday back and fort no one under 16 yrs is allowed at resort , dont see why ? And I never ask, (kids are grown) all the time I go there every thing seems quite normal Howard

Howard B.
Jun 21, 2008

howardb21 wrote:

I own a two bedroom every year, Some villas are Ocean view and some garden view, mine is garden view, each villa are secluded and Privite. I rent every other year and use it the other year, I go to Jamaica every year, but stays with friends ect.in years that I rent out Sandals, I have fix week 27 but Sandals Will Float it, Meaning if resort is not full you can go any time of year , this year I rent to someone that wanted it for his Daughter's wedding. Villas are a nice walk to ocean, but only if you want to walk as there are Shuttle running allday back and fort no one under 16 yrs is allowed at resort , dont see why ? And I never ask, (kids are grown) all the time I go there every thing seems quite normal Howard Hi again Howard, I wrote back a few days ago, but somehow what I wrote has been deleted-not sure why!

Kathy, if you want to rent/purchase a week please contact owners through their posting pages or post a RedWish for what you are looking for. We don't allow people to contact each other on our forums about rentals/resales or exchanges.

Thank you, Marty

Kathy M.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 22, 2008 02:32 AM

Jun 28, 2008

O.K. Thanks-It says that right above the forum column, but I never noticed it. Sorry!

Kathy M.
Aug 01, 2009

I recently bought a resale studio unit. The closing company says the transaction is finished and that the resort has acknoledged me as the owner but I haven't received any information from the resort yet (bought in May). How do you contact the department that takes care of timeshares and how do you request a diferent week (I have week 32 starting 2010). I know November is a slow time in Jamaica and would just assume stay in the fall than the summer. Also when do the MF bills go out? Sorry for all the questions I bought from a PCC and they had no details. I've been to Jamaica several times (mostly with my children) but have been to Sandals Negril with my husband and we loved it. So I jumped on it when I saw it on ebay for $500 with closing and transfer.

Tracey

Tracey S.
Aug 01, 2009

Been there off of a cruise ship for the day in Jan 2008. We really liked it and had a great time. Had lunch, open air buffet style, wine and unlimited drinks in the pool afterwards. Nice pools and nice beach, if I remember. . We toured the rooms and thought they were very nice.We were dropped off after climbing Dunn's River Falls. We are also in our 50's and early 60's and would definitely stay there. There is so much to do in Jamaica if you can get past the pot and hustle. Was there in the early 80's and enjoyed being back there after all those years.

Barbara G.
Aug 03, 2009

Well Let me say Welcome to the Family of Sandals Resort timeshare Owners, (not too many of us) you got a great deal, You can send an email to : vaclub@grp.sandals.com attn. Charmaine Henry or Alcian Just came back from Sandals Grande In Ocho Rios on Aug 11 of this year (own week 27) had a great time, service is great, fab. food, I own several timeshare and this one is the best Buy, Love It,I dont have there 1-800 # right now But you can just punch in Sandals resorts and then Sandals Grande Sport In Ocho Rios and call and ask for Charmaine or Alcian, and tell them Howard Beswick say to call, ye mon, Jamaica no problem, these are my yawde. and you will get all your questions answer any question you can PM me. Oh, the MFs are due in January, get billing in Dec. Howard

Howard B.
Aug 03, 2009

Howard,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and reply with the contact info. I love Jamaica too. My leasehold lasts until 2061 and I hope Sandals or someone equally nice keeps ownership because I can definately see myself and my husband there into our 70's and 80's and if we are too old to travel I think my children and grandchildren who will be adults by then will want to go. My three year son old already say "when are we going back to Smaica. Let's go today." I hope the AI here stays reasonable. That's one of the things that makes this timeshare so outstanding. I see AI fees for nice Mexican resorts that aren't any nicer but have AI fees that are so high you can beat them booking on Expedia.

Tracey

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.