General Discussion

Cold callers offering to buy your timeshare

Apr 06, 2007

We are always getting phone calls asking us if we want to sell our time share. Don't know if it's from the same place. Anyone know anything about these or is it a con. I suspect the latter.

Edna B.
Apr 06, 2007

ednab2 wrote:
We are always getting phone calls asking us if we want to sell our time share. Don't know if it's from the same place. Anyone know anything about these or is it a con. I suspect the latter.

You are right, they are companies looking for up front listing fee!

Have you noticed most of these calls are 5-8pm when people are home just starting to relax . As soon as I hear their voice I want to pull the lowlife through the phone and beat the h--- out of him!

Phil L.
Apr 27, 2007

phill12 wrote:
ednab2 wrote:

You are right, they are companies looking for up front listing fee!

Have you noticed most of these calls are 5-8pm when people are home just starting to relax . As soon as I hear their voice I want to pull the lowlife through the phone and beat the h--- out of him!

I find a better way to handle them is to talk to them, for an hour. Make a game out of it and waste their time. Yes, they are all "fee based" companies who will take your "up-front" cash and once they have it, bye-bye. There are numerous forums on Redweek dealing with these offers.

Jon S.
Apr 27, 2007

Register your telephone number with the 'national do not call list'. You can register your telephone number here:

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

If these companies continue to hound you then report their number on the 'do not call' website on the internet and they will be investigated. It's easy to register and it's easy to report perpetrators.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 27, 2007 12:32 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.