Apr 19, 2007

Is this a clean resort? older resort? how is the staff? how is the amenities? I stayed at Desert Rose last year -- is it anything like that?

Inez W.
Sep 02, 2008

When are you going to upgrade your website? Most of the info is years old.

E M.
Sep 05, 2008

e153 wrote:
When are you going to upgrade your website? Most of the info is years old.

Some updates have been made for this resort's listing. If there are any other changes that need to be made please let us know.

Thank you, Marty

Marty F
May 17, 2009

I am an owner at Summer Bay Las Vegas Desert Club. The old resort which went bankrupt was demolished and the NEW property is across Koval (East) and open. We just visited in April and the units are fabulous. They are finishing up the renovations of the last few units, the Clubhouse and sales center. Granite counter tops, LCD TV in every room. It is virtually a new resort. Check out the website at http://www.summerbayresort.com/

I was so ashamed of the old resort (the one most of the reviews prior to this year reflect) that I would not send anyone there. Not any longer. I would like to see redweek erase the old reviews and start fresh with the new location.

Thanks Tony

Anthony M.
May 17, 2009

tonymule wrote:
I am an owner at Summer Bay Las Vegas Desert Club. The old resort which went bankrupt was demolished and the NEW property is across Koval (East) and open. We just visited in April and the units are fabulous. They are finishing up the renovations of the last few units, the Clubhouse and sales center. Granite counter tops, LCD TV in every room. It is virtually a new resort. Check out the website at

http://www.summerbayresort.com/

I was so ashamed of the old resort (the one most of the reviews prior to this year reflect) that I would not send anyone there. Not any longer. I would like to see redweek erase the old reviews and start fresh with the new location.

Thanks Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have deleted most of the older reviews especially the unflattering ones. Some mention the great location so that seems to still be relevant.

As a paid member of RedWeek, you can add your own review of the new resort.

Please let us know if we can do anything further with this resort's page.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Last edited by marty8084 on May 17, 2009 08:53 PM

Nov 11, 2009

Harrah's purchased the old ex-Ramada that went bankrupt and Summer Bay took overship. Less than two years later we found out that Harrah's purchased our property and the beautiful apartment buildings across the street and refurbished the apartments. We went from a dumpy timeshare to a Five Star resort. The only reason why I agreed with my husband over 12 years ago was that I figured one day somebody big would improve the property. As the old saying goes, "location, location, location."

Since December 2008, I have stayed at Summer Bay several times and have had a great vacation. The rooms are brand new! It was convenient to get to locations on the strip or downtown Vegas with their courtesy shuttle service. The difference from staying at Summerbay vs. a hotel is that you can enjoy returning very late from a night of gambling and soaking in a hot jaccuzzi before returning to your room where a nice fireplace awaits you.

The property has 24 hour security, free parking, and complimentary shuttles. The entire staff is very friendly! A home away from home without the housework.

Cindy Y.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.