Plantation Village Beach Resort

Plantation Village

Apr 23, 2007

Complete remodel finished 7/06. Spent a week in Aug 06- looks like a new property with all new furnishings, roof, windows, doors, parking lot, landscaping. Good time!

Willie H.
Jun 09, 2007

the pictures shown are not up to date. its actually MUCH nicer than in the pictures! the beach is much bigger and there is another pool on the ocean as well as in the garden area. the villas are all remodeled, everything is NEW. there are tennis courts, BBQ grills to cook out (we cook out almost every night, including fresh fish, lobster, steaks) but you can go out to dinner and there are many close restaurants. this property is wonderful, the staff is excellent, there is a weekly managers cocktail party at the beach pool at sunset. it's a lovely place and we have been TS owners for almost 10 years.

Chris M.
Jun 10, 2007

dcjdmc wrote:
the pictures shown are not up to date. its actually MUCH nicer than in the pictures! the beach is much bigger and there is another pool on the ocean as well as in the garden area. the villas are all remodeled, everything is NEW. there are tennis courts, BBQ grills to cook out (we cook out almost every night, including fresh fish, lobster, steaks) but you can go out to dinner and there are many close restaurants. this property is wonderful, the staff is excellent, there is a weekly managers cocktail party at the beach pool at sunset. it's a lovely place and we have been TS owners for almost 10 years.

Thank you for letting us know about the improvements to Plantation Village Beach Resort. Do you have any of your personal photos that we can use on our website?

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jul 17, 2007

The pictures of the unit interiors are misleading to anyone wishing to rent or purchase. The pictures shown are the interior of a (three bedroom)2bedroom/den unit. The majority of the units are staight two bedroom units, none of which are waterfront units (as shown). Excellent renovation work was undertaken after Hurricane Ivan. Many villas now have a vibrant interior color scheme. We have owned at Plantation Village for 26 years and it has been well managed. For those choosing Grand Cayman for a first visit, it is one of the safest Caribbean islands to visit. A car for at least a couple of days is worthwhile as taxis are expensive. Public buses are also readily available.

Maryjane R.
Jul 17, 2007

maryjane37 wrote:
The pictures of the unit interiors are misleading to anyone wishing to rent or purchase. The pictures shown are the interior of a (three bedroom)2bedroom/den unit. The majority of the units are staight two bedroom units, none of which are waterfront units (as shown). Excellent renovation work was undertaken after Hurricane Ivan. Many villas now have a vibrant interior color scheme. We have owned at Plantation Village for 26 years and it has been well managed. For those choosing Grand Cayman for a first visit, it is one of the safest Caribbean islands to visit. A car for at least a couple of days is worthwhile as taxis are expensive. Public buses are also readily available.

Hi Mary Jane,

Thank you for your input on this resort. Do you have any up to date photos that we can use on this resort's listing? I'm not able to find much in the way of recent photos to add. Also, if you can let me know which specific photos need to be removed I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jul 18, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
maryjane37 wrote:

Hi Mary Jane,

Thank you for your input on this resort. Do you have any up to date photos that we can use on this resort's listing? I'm not able to find much in the way of recent photos to add. Also, if you can let me know which specific photos need to be removed I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Marty

I'll be visiting soon, so I'll get some interior photos of the two bedroom villa as well as the waterfront pool and tennis court. There's new signage, too. Keep the exterior shots for now, as the layout of villas hasn't changed. Are you allowed to use pictures and property schematics from www.plantationvillage.com? Maryjane

Maryjane R.
Jul 18, 2007

maryjane37 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
maryjane37 wrote:

Hi Mary Jane,

Thanks, Marty

I'll be visiting soon, so I'll get some interior photos of the two bedroom villa as well as the waterfront pool and tennis court. There's new signage, too. Keep the exterior shots for now, as the layout of villas hasn't changed. Are you allowed to use pictures and property schematics from www.plantationvillage.com? Maryjane

Thank you, Maryjane, we would definitely appreciate your photos from your next visit. The photos on the resort's website are copyright so we aren't allowed to use them. I've removed the interior photos for now and will look forward to hearing back from you after you return.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jul 19, 2007

Simply replace the orange tile roof with the new ocean blue metal roof and you have your new exterior.

Willie H.
Feb 03, 2010

we are considering purchasing a resale at PVB . Curious about the 2013 sale of the unit to condo. does anyone have any concerns about whether the percent of sale provide to timeshare owner when sold will really happen? What happens if it doesn't sell?

John H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.