Crown Park Resort

Crown Park Resort -- Gatlinburg, TN

Jun 05, 2007

I was surfing around the web and typed in my home resort - Crown Park Resort. I noticed that there was no response to this posting (October of 2006). That's generally a very good sign. That means that people were so satisfied with the property that they had nothing bad to say and didn't look for sites to post their experiences.

I stayed there for 3-weeks last year. I have lived and traveled extensively across our great country and through Europe and parts of Africa. In all, 47 states and 30 countries. I have yet to find a property that is as well built and designed as the Crown Park Resort for the location, comfort, and style of decor as well. The 1, 2, and 3 bedroom villas are wonderful. They have everything you would ever need. From the full-size kitchens with granite counter tops, to the full sized kitchen appliances. The master bedroom's king size bed and Jacuzzi bath, the fireplace, large and functional living and dining rooms, and more. My wife and I were there before, during, and after Thanksgiving last year (2006) and cooked most of our meals in. This saved a great deal of money. There was one time that we needed a hand appliance for one dish we were cooking. We called guest services who sent up a brand new electric mixer in a box within 5 minutes. The staff was always friendly, informative about resort and local functions, and ready to assist with any situation.

When purchasing ownership with this property, the associates were informative, patient, and allowed us to make decisions that we felt were important to our needs. We had a lot of questions and they were able to answer them completely without any pressure to move to a package that was more expensive or beneficial to the associate. There were no hidden catches. The property will sell itself. The sales associates are merely guides. The ownership is NOT a WEEK program, but a POINTS program. The POINTS program allows much more flexibility with the added bonus of using your points at other RCI locations if you so desired - but why would you? There are also attraction tickets given to you each year, plus discounts to various local businesses as an owner

The Crown Park Resort is an incredible property and there are two more phases yet to be built. You won't find this property in the Last Call section of RCI's properties. You may not even find this property available unless you make your reservations in advance -- even if it is your home property due to the high demand and top quality.

If you check out their home page (www.crownparkresort.com) you will find that the photos are sketches -- that's how new it is.

Enjoy the Great Smoky Mountains.

Take care & be safe. J.D. Edwards (Florida)

Jd E.

Last edited by jde on Jun 05, 2007 05:05 AM

Jul 12, 2007

I will agree 100% with J.D. Edwards. As in my review we stayed in a 2 bedroom unit at Crown Park. We own 2 units in the resort beside Crown Park and use our points to go into Crown Park because it is so much better. Everyone is so friendly and helpful from the time you pull in under the canopy to check in until you turn in your keys on the way out. Everything you need is right there, 2 pools, 1 in and 1 out. And if you have ever been to Gatlinburg, you know how nice it is to just leave your car parked and walk. Crown Park is only 2 blocks from downtown. We used our car twice in a week, once to go around the arts and crafts community, and the other to go into Pigeon Forge shopping. We have also stayed at their other resort in Myrtle Beach, SC. Believe me, it is just as nice. Their web site is www.southbeachresortmyrtlebeach.com. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.

Eugene B.
Nov 30, 2013

I have loved owning with crown park now holiday inn vacations, but now due to health reasons I will no longer be traveling... Don't really want to give it up but needing to cut back on everything. So who knows the best way to sell my timeshare deed at a cheap price?

Dania A.
Dec 28, 2017

Did you ever get an answer to your question, and did you ever successfully sell? I am interested in doing same for timeshare I own at this same property and researching how to sell and found your message in this form.

daniaa6 wrote:
I have loved owning with crown park now holiday inn vacations, but now due to health reasons I will no longer be traveling... Don't really want to give it up but needing to cut back on everything. So who knows the best way to sell my timeshare deed at a cheap price?

Barbara B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.