Jan 17, 2008

I am looking for some feedback about OP. I have satyed at other Marriott timeshares in Ft. Laurderdale and Orlando, as well as Hilton Head. Could you please tell me what you think, how it compares, the condition of the rooms, the pool and if there are things to do for a family ( kids 11 & 8). Thank you!

T.j. W.
Jan 18, 2008

tjw2 wrote:
I am looking for some feedback about OP. I have satyed at other Marriott timeshares in Ft. Laurderdale and Orlando, as well as Hilton Head. Could you please tell me what you think, how it compares, the condition of the rooms, the pool and if there are things to do for a family ( kids 11 & 8). Thank you!

It's wonderful, even Marriott would say it is one of their best properties.

Greg G.
Jan 21, 2008

tjw2 wrote:
In my opinion, this is much better than Lauderdale. The facility is on the water and much more quiet. If you want the excitement of lauderdale, you will be disappointed with OP. I have stayed at both and will not go back to Lauderdale with my family...too much drinking, and way too much "street action"

Joseph S.
Mar 01, 2008

Hello! My family is both a GOLD & PLATINUM owner at Ocean Pointe. It is just one of our favorite places and both units are phenomenal trading units! You can fly into West Palm or Ft. Lauderdale. There are great restaurants within walking distance; you are a short drive away from Worth Avenue shopping; and the daily events at the pools are fun for all the family. We have traded with our GOLD unit to Scotland; Maui; Marbella; Hilton Head to name a few. Contact me if you are interested in buying a GOLD unit ... for sale on REDWEEK.

Deborah C.
Apr 13, 2008

tjw2 wrote:

We have been there 2 times and have enjoyed it very much. great pools and facilities...pleanty to do. The beach is not owned by the property so although it is very private and lovely, there is usually someone renting chairs and umbrellas. That was the only surprise. Beautiful property!

Doug Z.
Apr 13, 2008

OP is a bit older and therefore shows a few signs of wear. Other than that, this is a great family facilty. The pools and beach access are great. The furthest south building is too far removed from the rest of the facility and (in my opinion) should be avoided. The area is great...easy access to great shopping, restaurants and Golf.

The only downside is that there is not a great restaurant on the property. Most folks don't seem to mind. If you have teenagers, they will be board here during the winter season. The crowd breaks into two groups: The over 50 with no kids and the young families with preschoolers. I have never vacationed here in the summer.

hope that helps.

Joseph S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.