The Galleon Resort

Galleon Owners

Jan 21, 2008

Just wanted to quiz some owners on several items of owning at The Galleon. 1 As an owner, do you always have good response in posting your week(s) for rent,(if not occuping) getting what you ask in terms of dollars? 2 Is it much harder to rent out your week if is a fixed week in say, June - Sept? 3 If I were to purchase a resale there, any suggestions on how to find out all the layouts of the units, and which would be more desirable?

Doesn't look like a lot of activity on this posting area but any replies would be great. Thanks

Alan B.
Feb 12, 2008

Galleon owner for many years. All winter weeks. IMO summer weeks would be difficult to rent. All units 2 bedroom/2 bath. Units ending with 1 or 4 have 2 twins in second bedroom. Units ending in 2 or 3 have double bed in second bedroom. The few lockouts units have a separate entrance and can be split.

Robert A.
Mar 10, 2008

alanb27 wrote:
Just wanted to quiz some owners on several items of owning at The Galleon. 1 As an owner, do you always have good response in posting your week(s) for rent,(if not occuping) getting what you ask in terms of dollars? 2 Is it much harder to rent out your week if is a fixed week in say, June - Sept? 3 If I were to purchase a resale there, any suggestions on how to find out all the layouts of the units, and which would be more desirable?

Doesn't look like a lot of activity on this posting area but any replies would be great. Thanks

I have listed my week for rent for the past 3 years and have rented it within 24 hours. BUT it is week 7 which is presidents week aka school vacations. I now have it listed for sale and have received 3 offers in the past month, but am sticking failry closeto my asking price. I have found that with floating weeks it is difficlut to get a popular week in the assignment lottery. Hope this helps.

Cheryl C.
Mar 19, 2008

alanb27 wrote:

1. No, 2. Yes, 3. Call for layout map, remember no good view of the sunset unless you go to the roof. Building is old and nasty, staff in another world.

Lynda F.
Feb 05, 2009

where can I find a layout of the resort?

Michelle M.
Feb 05, 2009

ive owned a lockout overlooking the marina for 25 years since 85 we have had no trouble renting it. it is week ten in march. also with a lockout you have the ability to use it 2 weeks, using one week at your time and the lockout as another week somewhere else. we live in fl in the wintertime now for 11 years so we finally sold the unit through red week. great site only paid 36.oo for the year to display. good luck jan lauer owner e 34 ps it is much harder to rent a summer unit than high week time. also a lockout has a bed shower refridge microwave and sink also it own entrance. so you can sty in one and rent the other to cover your fees.!

J L.
Feb 06, 2009

Sorry it took so long for my reply- Thanks for the repliesto all!

Alan B.
Feb 06, 2009

Renting in the summer is much more difficult. The prime weeks are 1-17. Units are 2 bedroom 2 bath. Units ending in a 1 or 4 have twin beds in the second bedroom. Units ending in a 2 or 3 have a double bed in the second bedroom.

Robert A.
Jan 04, 2011

I own 9 weeks at the Galleon-weeks 7-15. I would NOT own a summer week. You would have a very difficult time in renting it. All my weeks are fixed weeks with some having lockouts. You can see a unit diagram on the Galleon site.

Robert A.
Jan 10, 2011

Do you normally use all of these weeks, or rent a portion of them? Thanks, Al

Alan B.
Oct 11, 2011

We have owned unit B33, overlooking the pool and ocean, and after 15 years, rented it for the first time this past summer....July 4th week. I had 3 offers through red week, and was pleased to rent it out easily! Hard Time Share to get into. It's no hotter in Key West than anywhere else in the summer it seems lately, so I see no disadvantage. Plus kids are out of school.

Kristine S.
Oct 23, 2011

alanb27 wrote:

Response: I have been going to week 20 since mid 80"s and really like the Marina view...3rd, 4th and 5th floors. Pool view is too noisy in my opinion and Gulf View is too hot! (although it might not be in Winter)

Allan C.
Feb 23, 2014

I love my predictable week 20..have had it since the Galleon opened....I have had no problem renting it but only rented it out twice in all these years.....this year it is May 17 to May24....I am looking forward to the week and have my Airline reservations already

Allan C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 26, 2014 09:10 AM

Feb 23, 2014

I too have week 20 with Marina view on 4th floor...had it since 86 and love it....best view in the Galleon......enjoy watching the tarpon feed when the incoming fish are being filleted.

Allan C.
Mar 02, 2014

Looking to buy two fixed timeshares at Galleon....last week in May and one in sept...we have been there in summer and winter...what will be my success if I need to rent in the future?...This is the unit in A building second floor with the spiral stairs to the pool deck.. Thanks Bud 304 3670521

Bud
Mar 02, 2014

Poor Sept is hurricane and maintenance time. May is off season. You will do better using the weeks as exchange or buy different weeks.;

Robert A.
Apr 29, 2014

HI I am curious if you had any luck. We have stayed at Galleon and LOVE it.

Thanks

Rosemary

Rosemary N.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 29, 2014 08:31 PM

Mar 07, 2015

You can set whatever daily rate you want, but summer will be a tough rental. You might want to use Craig's list.

Mike S.
Oct 12, 2015

I've owned at the Galleon for 25 years and have probably rented it out 10-12 times. I have always had it rentedout but I have a week 12 lockout float unit. I think you can see of the unit layouts on their website.

Mike S.
Apr 26, 2018

Does anyone know what happened to the Owners Board at the Galleon? The resort claims to have taken it down.? How do owners communicate?

John J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.