The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach

Complaints about VIP program of Hilton Grand Vacation Club

Feb 05, 2008

I accidentally fall into this trap and signed the contract of this VIP program in Dec 2007 when I attended a timeshare talk at HGVC in Las Vegas. They offer me to go to one of their resorts for a week for ~ $1700 within the next 15 months. At that moment, I thought it's just like to plan a future vacation with the hotel company but I wasn't aware their cancellation policies which the staff didn't go through with me. I paid them in advance by credit card and only found out about a week later that I can't cancel it even though I haven't made any booking yet. They said according to the contract, they have to charge me $500 dollars for the cost. I have never heard about someone paying a cancellation fee $500 of an unconfirmed vacation. I think it's one of the way HGVC make their money. I would like to complain about this but doesn't know where to go. Does anyone has any idea or recommendation ?

Yvonne H.
Mar 10, 2009

Never buy Hilton ownership. Units are conveniently never available, and EVERYTHING requires fees. They nickel and dime you on everything. I've had my ownership for 2 years, and have never been able to use it, although I've tried on at least ten different dates!

Chris M.
Dec 25, 2011

What does this have to do with the Bay Club? There is no mention of the Bay Club in this review.

Brian S.
Aug 15, 2023

You can NEVER get the booking you want regardless of when you call. I finally gave up and told one of the callers to please stop calling me and reminded her they were no more than scammers.

Gwendolyn Y.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.