Apr 17, 2008

You can see a lot of whales between late Nov- late March from the balcony at this hotel. If you are going, bring binoculars because I could not find a set in all of Cabo.

We saw a large whale breech fully around 25 times (week of March 22) and I wish I had. It was probably 1/2 mile off shore.

Chris S.
Oct 24, 2008

We were there in February and whales spent the week just off shore, within a hundred yards on multiple occasions. Saved us the cost of a boat excursion!

Jim D.
Jan 28, 2009

That is great to hear! We are going for two weeks beginning February 16th and I have never been there when the whales are--I'm looking forward to it.

In October/November they protect the turtle eggs on shore. I was up one day early when the PB staff member released the turtles let some of us who were standing around release them near the water. I loved that so I'm sure that I will love the whales too.

Nancy R.
Jan 28, 2009

Help! Neither this Whale site nor the original Pueblo Bonito Beach Resort & Spa gave a clue as to where this resort is located. Cabo? ? ?

Mary D.
Jan 30, 2009

Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach is in Cabo San Lucas on the Pacific side just north of Finisterra. You can't swim in the water because of undertow, but beach itself and the pools and resort is beautiful. It would be a long walk to town ( but we did it once--it had to be more than 5 miles), but they have a bus that takes you to the other PB resorts on Medano Beach where you can smim in the water.

Nancy R.
Feb 02, 2009

Thanks, Nancy. Do you happen to be familiar with the Mayan Palace/Grand Mayan in Cabo? MD

Mary D.
Feb 02, 2009

No, sorry, I'm not. There were some people that I met a few years ago that were going to buy there, but I haven't kept in contact with them. Do you know where it' s located? The three areas are 1) around San Jose Del Cabo, 2) in the Corridor and 3) in or near Cabo San Lucas itself. Each area will give you a little different experience.

Nancy R.
Feb 03, 2009

The Grand Mayan is in San Jose Del Cabo. This city is 30-40m north of Cabo and is on the Sea of Cortez.

The Pueblo Sunset is Cabo on the Pacific side.

I haven't been to the Mayan but 1) their timeshare tours are usually a little rougher and higher preassure 2) it's on flatter ground....the sunset is on the side of a hill and all units have a great view. I'd expect 1st floor to be obstructed and you just won't have the height to see the whales as easily.

Save you Grand Mayan stay for Puerta Vallarta and go to the SUNSET in Cabo. Conde Nast ranked Sunset #9 on their Gold List and no Mayan resort even made the list. You should be able to rent for close to the same price and the Sunset is the better resort....guarenteed view, well established, gated and closer to down town Cabo.

Chris S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 03, 2009 05:12 PM

Jan 22, 2010

we went to the Mayan for a presentation and it was brutal. We own at the Sunset and went only to get free stuff. They would NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER AND EVEN CHASED AFTER US AS WE DECIDED TO JUST WALK OUT. ALSO THE PRICE WAS HIGH BUT THEY KEPT HOLLERING OUT LOWER AND LOWER AMOUNTS. I WOULD NEVER BUY FROM THIS TIMESHARE. IT WAS SCARY.

Kathi L.
Jan 22, 2010

My husband and I had the same experience---the exact same experience last February. We went for the "stuff", but we also like to see what the new resorts are in case we want to trade into them. The price kept going down and they got nastier and nastier to the point of letting us stand by the van that was supposed to take us up front for a least 10 minutes. When we went back in to tell them the van driver wasn't there, the last "closer" was even more rude.

Nancy R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.