Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos

check in/security/room size

May 07, 2008

We are considering staying at Los Cabos and I wanted to get general comments on other's experiences. Is check in a hard sale to buy when we are renting from others. I read about theft at some resorts by cleaning staff. Is this a problem? We are two parents with 2 teenagers. What size rooms should we consider? I'm not traveling until 2010 so please answer even if it has been awhile since this is first posted. Thanks!!!

Kathleen R.
May 12, 2008

kathleenr51 wrote:
We are considering staying at Los Cabos and I wanted to get general comments on other's experiences. Is check in a hard sale to buy when we are renting from others. I read about theft at some resorts by cleaning staff. Is this a problem? We are two parents with 2 teenagers. What size rooms should we consider? I'm not traveling until 2010 so please answer even if it has been awhile since this is first posted. Thanks!!!

Never had anything like what you described happen at Pueblo Bonito Rose or Blanco.

gary

Gary B.
Jul 03, 2008

I have been staying at Pueblo's for 8 years and have never had anything taken from the room.

gary868 wrote:
kathleenr51 wrote:

Never had anything like what you described happen at Pueblo Bonito Rose or Blanco.

gary

Harold N.
Nov 12, 2008

There is so much security at Pueblo Bonito. Do not worry about a thing. There is always security at each entrance, there is a free safe in the room and in 12 years we have never lost a thing from the room. Of course, you have to watch your valuables if you have them outside, but that is true anywhere in the world. They have at least 1 security man watching poolside at all times. You are safe there!

Larry M.
Nov 12, 2008

Also, as to room size, you need a luxury suite which sleeps 6. The room which sleeps 4 would be awkward with teenagers. Char

Larry M.
Mar 19, 2009

Just returned from Puebo Bonito and had our credit cards and money in a locked safe. One of our credit cards was stolen and also a money clip with $350.00 in it. Realized the money was gone the second day there. Thought it was misplaced somewhere as my money and credit card remained untouched. Checked a few days later for my husband's credit card and found it to be gone. It had never left his wallet while there. Reported it to the security people which came to the room. They happen to be the bellhop and the conceire. Called the cc company and determined that the card had not been used. No followup was provided by anyone in security. My friend that was there stayed at another resort, I told her what happened and she informed that her neighbors stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and had their credit card info stolen after having the card desposited on file with the resort. It turned into a real mess with them. I have traveled many times through the years and various resorts through Mexico and have never had this happen. Not sure where to keep my valuables.

Mary F.
May 21, 2009

Interesting!! This same happened to us back in May 2006. We had $700 stolen. Mind you we were stupid not putting everything in the safe but none the less...... we had left to go to Pacifica Holistia for a couple of hours in the mid evening, like 7 ish after turn down and we came back to no money and our guest's shorts had been pilferred through and $ taken. We filed a claim, pressed the staff on it, they finally admitted that they were trying to do a sting operation, as we were not the first!!, and in the mean time we went to the police department and filed a police report.... to no avail of course, but we did it anyway.

Barbara G.
Oct 19, 2009

I have been staying at the PB or the PB Rose every year for about 18 years and I have never had anything stolen. In fact, when one of my sons gave a waiter his Billabong hat as a gift, security stopped the waiter on his way out, and he had to track down my son to confirm it was a gift. That being said, I don't think you can go anywhere without taking precautions. There is a lot of security, though, and they are there to protect their tourists. Though my sons are young adults now, we went there with them as teens often, and I felt safe to let them walk downtown until a reasonable time at night alone.

I agree you will probably want a unit that sleeps at least six. The configuration, though, is awkward for parents with 2 teenagers. There is only one bathroom in most of these units, but that is not much of a problem with showers available at the beach. But the two double beds are in the bedroom, and most teens don't want to sleep in the same room as their parents, and most parents don't want to take the sleeper sofa. We usually took the bedroom and gave our teens the sleeper sofa, but because our unit has a large covered porch, one of them slept on a chaise on the porch rather than share a bed with his brother. One year I brought a blowup bed for him.

As for the hard sell, that is how they make their living. But a firm no thank you is always honored. At worst they will just keep offering you more freebies if you attend the sales breakfast.

Pauline M.
Oct 19, 2009

It is very secure at Pueblo bonito BUT you have to be very careful anywhere in the world that you travel. Use precaution; do not leave cash or valuables anywhere. We have never had trouble with our safe but if I had a large amount of cash, I would leave in the office safes. Do not bring valuable diamonds or splashy jewelry to Cabo or any other foreign place! It only attracts thieves.

Larry M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.