Corazon Cabo Resort & Spa

check in/security/room size

May 07, 2008

We are considering staying at Cabo Villas and I wanted to get general comments on other's experiences. Is check in a hard sale to buy when we are renting from others. I read about theft at some resorts by cleaning staff. Is this a problem? We are two parents with 2 teenagers. What size rooms should we consider? I'm not traveling until 2010 so please answer even if it has been awhile since this is first posted. Thanks!!!

Kathleen R.
Jul 15, 2008

Hi Kathleen -

I just returned from spending two weeks at CVBR. Loved it so much, I'm taking my sons (19 & 27) for two weeks in late September!

Depending on your budget, if you can get a two-bedroom in building #1, you would be happy. Be sure to request an upper floor and confirmation of your room number(s) before you go, and have the owner you are renting from include that on your reservation letter.

Yes, check-in can be a hard sell experience. However, that is supposed to be changing before your stay in 2010. I had a chance to speak with the new GM of the resort and some good changes are in the works.

Theft - never happened even though I was careless a couple of times and left valuables in plain site. Caution, their in-room safes are very small, so if you bring a laptop or similar items, you may want to check them in at the office if you will be away from the room for a length of time. But again, I never, ever had a problem.

I would also suggest that you pre-purchase some vouchers before you go. I finally did it on my last trip and regretted not doing it on my other trips. You can go to this website for more information: http://www.loscabosguide.com/discount.htm.

You didn't ask, but I would advise you to skip renting a car. Town is a 10-minute walk from CVBR. If you want to take a day trip, rent a car for a day. The utter hassle and expense of renting a car for the entire trip is so not worth it.

Much more information to share if you are interested. You can email me at appleoregon@mac.com.

Have a wonderful trip!

J R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.