Sheraton Vistana Resort

Units recently renovated??

Sep 07, 2008

We have just confirmed our stay at Sheraton Vistana for 2 weeks in November in a 2 bedroom unit for our family of 4 thru RCI.

I have read many reviews and concerns over the unrenovated units and want to be prepared to request a newly renovated one, especially since we will be staying for 2 weeks, and we have been planning and saving for this vacation for several years, so want to make it special for our kids.

What sections have been renovated in the past year or two? Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Laura A.
Sep 11, 2008

There are several different areas at the resort and they do vary significantly in age and proximity to good pools. I'm not sure about the status of renovations to the older sections (Spas, Fountains, Courts, etc.), but I believe you can't go wrong with a Cascades unit. They are slated for renovation next year, but were built less than 10 years ago, are still great units and are definitely in the best spot for pools, playgrounds, etc.

Ian L.
Sep 15, 2008

I emailed Vistana Sales and this was the reply

Good afternoon,

Below is a rough schedule for the refurbishment …

Lakes – Complete

Fountains – 1/14/08 – 8/29/08

Fountains II – 7/27/08 – 12/21/08

Springs – 2/16-09 – 6/26/09

Falls – 1/5/09 – 5/15/09

Cascades – 5/1/09 – 4/30/10

Spa – 4/1/10 – 12/31/10

Courts – 8/1/10 – 12/1/10

Deborah R.

Last edited by debbier189 on Oct 29, 2008 01:41 PM

Sep 18, 2008

Any idea where the 'Palms' falls into that schedule?

pei_boy
Sep 19, 2008

Maybe they were excluded?

Deborah R.

Sep 21, 2008

Thank you for your help, you are organized. Any idea of where I can get a map/layout of the resort in advance, so I can look at the different aread ahead of time?

Laura A.
Sep 23, 2008

sorry I can not email this

Deborah R.

Sep 23, 2008

Can you send me a site map? My email is pei_boy at hotmail dot com.

pei_boy
Sep 24, 2008

yes ... kevnlaura@hotmail.com

Laura A.
Sep 25, 2008

I sent it. Anyone know how to post it? This way I won't have to keep emailing it? Or we can pay it forward.....the last person to get it passes it on to the next that asks?? Paying it forward!!

Deborah R.

Last edited by debbier189 on Oct 29, 2008 01:42 PM

Sep 25, 2008

debbier189 wrote:
I sent it. Anyone know how to post it? This way I won't have to keep emailing it? Or we can pay it forward.....the last person to get it passes it on to the next that asks?? Paying it forward!!

Debbie, if you want to email the layout to me at support@redweek.com attn. Marty I'll add it as one of the pictures on the resort's page.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Oct 19, 2008

To Debbie and the rest of the messengers, Yes, this is a good idea to put up a good map layout of the Resort to help us facilitate our vacation planning as well. I have been looking for a good map online but to no avail so to hear this news is really great indeed. Could I be emailed a copy of the map layout as well - email to alexrie@gmail.com. It is also a good idea to put it up as an addition onto the Photos pages of the Resort pages. Well done, people! Cheers, Alexander

Alexander C.

Last edited by alexanderc8 on Oct 19, 2008 10:44 PM

Oct 24, 2008

I noticed the map is not yet posted under photos. We'll be visiting the Vistana next month. Is it possible to send me a copy of the resort layout? My email is 9venter@optonline.net.

Thanks, Judi

Judith S.

Last edited by judiths70 on Oct 24, 2008 07:32 AM

Oct 26, 2008

A resort layout has been added to the photos area on the resort's main page.

Thank you, Marty

Marty F
Oct 26, 2008

Hi Marty, Thanks for putting it up!

But it is still too small for us to take a closer look. Could you kindly email the original to me, please? My email is alexrie@gmail.com Thanks so much for your kind assistance. Sincerely Alexander

Alexander C.
Oct 27, 2008

Hi Marty,

I too am having trouble reading the fine print on the map. Is the original copy easier to read? If so, would you please email to 9venter@optonline.net? Thank you so much for your trouble.

Thanks,

Judi

Judith S.
Oct 29, 2008

The photo provided us was upside down. In trying to change the orientation, the quality of the graphic was degraded. I am looking into alternatives of ways to get this map posted.

Alisa

Alisa S.
Oct 29, 2008

If you save this map, you can turn it around in your viewer. You can make it bigger too. I can't email it over and over and no one know how to turn the adobe file....including Redweek IT. You will get a map when you check in!

Deborah R.

Last edited by debbier189 on Oct 29, 2008 01:42 PM

Jan 06, 2009

I am currently staying in a Fountains unit that appears to have been recently renovated. The carpets still has that "new" smell and the furnishings and cabinetry are very stylish and current. I'm in unit 1511 which is right beside the Fountains recreation centre and the gorgeous screened lanai overlooks the Fountains pool. The new food court is in the Fountains recreation centre which is handy for KFC, Pizza Hut and A & W. The only "complaint" (and it is a mild one) with the fountains section is that the hut whre you sign out sports equipment closes right now at 5 p.m. No worries - we'll just drive over after dinner to the Main Activity Centre to sign out basketballs, shuffleboard etc. We tend to drive around to the different pools and activity centres anyhow chasing the activity schedule. Last year we stayed in a Spas unit that hadn't been renovated. It was definitely vintage 80's, but still clean, no bugs and the location was great - our kids could walk over on their own to the Superpool and all the activities at the main rec. centre. That area is also walking to the store - the Marketplace. Even for the "old" units, the layout is basically the same for the 2 bedrooms - spacious, great lanai, nice kitchen, two bathrooms, a master with a king and a second bedroom with two double beds. Each room has a tv. The renovated units have flat screen t.v.s and Bose sound systems! Nice bonus - but we still had a great vacation in our unrenovated unit last year. One hint - time your arrival to be there early - you'll have more choice of rooms. We have learned to fly in the day before our check-in and stay in a hotel for one night. That way we start our timeshare holiday rested and we are able to go over to do a paper check-in nice and early before the crowds at "official" check-in time - even if you don't get your key, you deal with the paperwork and get a nicer unit. We spent our first week of this vacation down in Palm Beach, and that strategy worked well - we got the only corner, oceanfront unit they gave to exchangers! :) We don't own at the Vistana but are always so happy here (even in our prior unrenovated unit) that we plan to purchase a timeshare week on line (from Redweek!) once we get home.

Lynn C.
Mar 19, 2009

does anyone own in the courts and have been billed fees for renovation. please reply to mariebontya@gmail.com

Marie B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.