Nov 01, 2010

jacobp8 wrote:
So far I have found the best company to sell your timeshare through is timesharehotlist.com they charge an upfront fee but they have a guarantee that if you are able to sell your timeshare through someone else first they will give you your money back! They also work through the convention centers, visitors bureaus and travel agents to make sure listings get sold or rented.

If their guarantee is so iron-clad, then they would have no problem taking their commission out AFTER the property is rented or sold.

These guarantees from upfront fees don't amount to a hill of beans. Besides, if you look on most of these contracts --- not what was said by the salesperson over the phone but the actual printed contract --- they usually specify that, for the guarantee to kick in, the property must be sold by another party for an amount equal to or greater than what this upfront fee company stipulates. The company deliberately "suggests" a selling price at least twice what the owner paid to purchase from the developer. That's a price they know the unit will NEVER sell for. Hence, no refund!

Lance C.
Jan 10, 2011

we were trying to rent our timeshare,signed up with timeshare hotlist,$600 later and almost 2 years ,we have not rented it,now we trying to sell it.What are they about?

Gabriele L.
Jan 11, 2011

gabrielel3 wrote:
we were trying to rent our timeshare,signed up with timeshare hotlist,$600 later and almost 2 years ,we have not rented it,now we trying to sell it.What are they about?

Simple answer .... any entity that charges a large upfront fee to list your timeshare for rent OR sale is a scam, period.

R P.
Mar 14, 2011

Hi Carolin;

I got a call from them this weekend and I asked that he send me some more info. He's asking me to also pay $1259 upfront.

He'll be calling me tomorrow. Any info that can be shared will be appreciated.

Thanks

Roston G.

Last edited by rostong on Mar 14, 2011 07:53 AM

Mar 14, 2011

rostong wrote:
Hi Carolin;

I got a call from them this weekend and I asked that he send me some more info. He's asking me to also pay $1259 upfront. Thanks

Again, never ever pay anyone a large upfront fee (more than $100) to sell, rent out, or market your timeshare.

What are you hoping that giving him $1259 will accomplish? All you'll get is a small ad on a little-known website.

If you want to sell or rent out your timeshare, try RedWeek, My Resort Network, Timsharing Today, or even Tug. Those will get you a lot more bona fide inquiries and pay lot less.

Lance C.
Mar 25, 2011

jayjay wrote:
brucej41 wrote:
I have 2 time shares in Texas that I would sell real cheap. I mean really, really cheap. Just take over the balances. One in the Hill Country and one in Galveston, Texas.

Timeshares are not selling in this economy .... you might try giving them away and paying the closing costs and this year's maintenance fees .... this is the very worst time in the timeshare industry just as it is in the real estate industry .... also, if you have a mortgage then you couldn't even give your timeshares away ... people don't buy timeshares with mortgages even in a thriving economy.

Heather H.
May 24, 2011

IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY, PLEASE CONTACT THE ORLANDO CRIMELINE AT 800-423-TIPS

Jp V.
Jun 09, 2011

Ken, it obvious that you are just ranting about these companies that say they can rent your units. You are sounding foolish. If you have no experience with these companies and you dont really know what your talking about then please keep your opinions to your self. If you have facts and only facts then please by all means let us know.

Mickey W.
Jun 10, 2011

mickeyw8 wrote:
Ken, it obvious that you are just ranting about these companies that say they can rent your units. You are sounding foolish. If you have no experience with these companies and you dont really know what your talking about then please keep your opinions to your self. If you have facts and only facts then please by all means let us know.
If you are now responding (...a full year later) to the one and only post I made to this particular thread (...in June 2010, which was a full year ago), then I respectfully submit that it is YOU (not me) who actually has the responsibility to provide some "facts" documenting (alleged) successes. Unsubstantiated claims of (alleged) "success" with no actual proof are worthless and mean absolutely NOTHING.

Thanks for providing a reminder, though. I will repeat and maintain my advice to all --- DON"T PAY A PENNY UPFRONT TO ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH TIMESHARES AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON!

If you don't like the advice, ignore it. Attacking that (year-old) input certainly doesn't make that input any less valid (nor does your personal attack give you ANY credibility whatsoever, by the way).

What upsets you NOW about one post made A FULL YEAR AGO? Is the scam business maybe "not so good" for you these days? I sincerely hope that is EXACTLY the case! You might perhaps consider getting a real, honest job instead...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 11, 2011 05:18 AM

Jul 05, 2012

I PAID $600 LAST YEAR AUGUST AND THEY PROMISED TO RENT MY TIMESHARE.I HAVE BEEN CALLING THEIR TOLL FREE NUMBER AND THEY KEPT TELLING ME,SOMEONE WILL GET BACK TO ME.I WAS NOT EVEN ABLE TO SPEAK WITH THE INITIAL PERSON (DESMOND) THAT I SPOKE WITH.ITS SO SAD.I WILL NOT AND NEVER RECOMMEND ANYBODY.

Ola J.
Jul 05, 2012

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ANYBODY YOUR MONEY.YOU CAN DO THE ADVERT YOURSELF.I WAS ASKED TO PAY THE SAME AMOUNT ALSO WHICH I DID BUT I DID NOT HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN.BEWARE!

Ola J.
Jul 06, 2012

olaj2 wrote:
I PAID $600 LAST YEAR AUGUST AND THEY PROMISED TO RENT MY TIMESHARE.I HAVE BEEN CALLING THEIR TOLL FREE NUMBER AND THEY KEPT TELLING ME,SOMEONE WILL GET BACK TO ME.I WAS NOT EVEN ABLE TO SPEAK WITH THE INITIAL PERSON (DESMOND) THAT I SPOKE WITH.ITS SO SAD.I WILL NOT AND NEVER RECOMMEND ANYBODY.

One thing you have to remember is that there is NEVER any guarantee that any timeshare can be rented. The fact that they promised you that they would rent yours should have raised a big red flag with you. Also, never ever pay a large upfront fee to any entity that tells you they can rent or sell your timeshare ..... THEY'RE ALL SCAMS.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 06, 2012 08:15 AM

Jul 12, 2012

For grins I listened to the sales pitch from TSHL last night. I loved the 10 minute pitch before they dropped the $1250 upfront fee on me. Good news sounds like the standard first offer went down $9. Favorite part was when she said "we are not brokers and don't take a dime of your profit like brokers and agents do".

Like the others have said, think about it. NO COMPANIES buy timeshares. Don't let your desire to unload the timeshare allow you to be fooled.

You don't pay for heart surgery before you get the heart, why pay to rent a place before it is rented.

Kenny D.
Jul 12, 2012

kennyd25 wrote:
You don't pay for heart surgery before you get the heart, why pay to rent a place before it is rented.

Exactly, and you don't pay a dime of commission when your house sells until closing .... why don't people see through these lies. Would they pay some entity to list their house for sale ???? It amazes me how many people fall for this scam.

R P.
Jul 13, 2012

I completely agree. A LISTING COMPANY WILL NEVER SELL YOUR TIMESHARE!!! However I have sold one on my own v.i.a. web. I recieved diddley for it but glad to be out from underneath it..Also I have paid a company to take it and that worked well. Still have 2. ill keep them for a while...

Don M.
Jul 13, 2012

maybe this will help www.ripoffreport.com/.../time-share-hot-list/time-share-hot-list-comp...

Don M.
Aug 02, 2012

TIMESHARE HOTLIST TOLD US THEY WOULD RENT/SELL OUR TIME SHARE OR THEY WOULD GIVE US A VACATION ON THEM. THEY PUSHED US INTO BELIEVING THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO RENT IT. THEY SAID IT WAS HOT!!!! AND THEY WOULD REALLY BE ABLE TO RENT IT! THEY SAID THEY WOULD NOT BE GIVING A VACATION FOR FREE BECAUSE THEY WERE CERTAIN THEY WOULD RENT IT AND WE WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY! WE PAID THEM ALOT OF MONEY AND WE TRIED TO CANCEL WITH IN THE TREE DAY VIA MAIL AND EMAIL TRIED TO CALL THEM AND EMAIL THEY NEVER RETURNED PHONES CALLS OR EMAILS ONLY WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY LIED AND SAID THEY WERE WORKING HARD ON IT. AND TO BE PATIENT! THEY ARE LIARS!!!! AND TAKE PEOPLES HARD EARNED MONEY! I EVEN TRIED TO DISPUTE THIS WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY BUT THEY SAID THEY COULD NOT HELP ME BECAUSE I SIGNED THE CONTRACT! EVEN AFTER I TRIED TO CANCEL! LIARS!!!! FRAUD!!!!

Michele B.
Aug 03, 2012

micheleb307 wrote:
TIMESHARE HOTLIST TOLD US THEY WOULD RENT/SELL OUR TIME SHARE OR THEY WOULD GIVE US A VACATION ON THEM. THEY PUSHED US INTO BELIEVING THEY WOULD BE ABLE TO RENT IT. THEY SAID IT WAS HOT!!!! AND THEY WOULD REALLY BE ABLE TO RENT IT! THEY SAID THEY WOULD NOT BE GIVING A VACATION FOR FREE BECAUSE THEY WERE CERTAIN THEY WOULD RENT IT AND WE WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY! WE PAID THEM ALOT OF MONEY AND WE TRIED TO CANCEL WITH IN THE TREE DAY VIA MAIL AND EMAIL TRIED TO CALL THEM AND EMAIL THEY NEVER RETURNED PHONES CALLS OR EMAILS ONLY WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY LIED AND SAID THEY WERE WORKING HARD ON IT. AND TO BE PATIENT! THEY ARE LIARS!!!! AND TAKE PEOPLES HARD EARNED MONEY! I EVEN TRIED TO DISPUTE THIS WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY BUT THEY SAID THEY COULD NOT HELP ME BECAUSE I SIGNED THE CONTRACT! EVEN AFTER I TRIED TO CANCEL! LIARS!!!! FRAUD!!!!

Report them to the Attorney General in the state they are located .... you can find contact info via google and you can file online.

R P.
Aug 24, 2012

They also employ unethical tactics trying to rent your properties. I had a call from them, offering to buy or rent my "Hill Pin Points". When I asked what's that, they said that it concerns my timeshare property. I do not own a timeshare property, and asked them where they got my phone number and name. I was told that since I own a timeshare, my name and number are a matter of public record. I repeated that I do not own a timeshare, and asked again where they got my information, at which point they hung up on me. Their sales tactics are sleazy, and I would never do business with them even if I did own a timeshare.

Kathy F.
Aug 24, 2012

Thank you so much! I already did this and contacted the b.b.b. and o.b.b. they just send them the information on my complaint and wait to see if they will give a refund they said they can not make them do it but can make sure they do not get a good rating or feed back. I have sent letters everywhere and tried to cancel with my credit card company but they will not credit my account because the contract was signed! even though I cancell within the 3 days! It is not fair! thank you again!

Michele B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.