Point Systems

Bluegreen Points

Apr 19, 2009

Whats the best way to determine value of Bluegreen points

Michael C.
Apr 21, 2009

michaelc663 wrote:
Are you looking to sell or rent? In general search other websites for the going rates (RedWeek, TUG, My Resort Network, Vacation Timeshare Rentals, etc). You have to take a large cross section because listings by upfront fee companies tend to be over priced and eBay tends to be lower since many PCCs (Postcard Companies) dump their inventory on eBay for $1.

Mike N.
Apr 18, 2010

I have three timeshares currently. I love two of them and not so crazy about one of them as it was the first one I bought many years age and didn't know as much what I wanted in one. Personally, I have found that we have vacationed more than we would have if we didn't own and the best investment of it all is for the enjoyment my husband & I and our family get out of our bluegreen points....so It is hard for me to understand why anyone would want to sell theirs anyway. We plan on taking our original one and donating it to a good charity so as they might benefit from it ( also we may be able to get the tax advantage by doing so-I'll have to check on that one.) As for our two that are bluegreen.....we plan on leaving those to our son and daughter. We want to know that they may create some of the same memories that we've been able to!

Sherilynn D.
Jun 19, 2010

I am considering buying a resale timeshare, and I think that I want to do it with one of the points systems. I am new to this. Which one of these is the best? I am considering Bluegreen. What do you think? I am considering points because of the trade fees I want to stay away from. We are basically looking to buy a resort that we can trade, not stay at every year.

Thanks

Rick F.
Jun 26, 2010

rickf113 wrote:
I am considering buying a resale timeshare, and I think that I want to do it with one of the points systems. I am new to this. Which one of these is the best? I am considering Bluegreen. What do you think? I am considering points because of the trade fees I want to stay away from. We are basically looking to buy a resort that we can trade, not stay at every year.
There really is no stand out "best" Points system. All have some good features and some not-so-good features. Bluegreen would certainly NOT be among my first choices, however, since availability is quite limited with BG points and BG resale prices seem (to me, anyhow) to be artificially high, for no apparent good reason.

RCI Points offers the widest range of resort selections, but purchase prices are all over the map. As in any system AVAILABILITY rules all. You may not be able to book what you want, when you want it...

Wyndham Points (which are distinctly different from and unrelated to RCI points, even though Wyndham owns RCI) can be bought resale for peanuts these days. Also, Wyndham points can be deposited with RCI (...but there ARE exchange fees involved to do so).

In my opinion, you really need to read, study and shop around. After that, read, study and and shop around some more.

For value, I personally think Wyndham is currently a good deal, with sizeable points packages selling resale for "cheap". You will, of course, have annual fees in any system you enter. Also, you CANNOT sell or rent your Wyndham Points to anyone else (a policy change implemented by Wyndham as of March, 2009). You can of course sell the entire ownership itself, but you CAN'T ever transfer Wyndham points to someone else while you remain the owner of those points.

Good luck. Take your time and learn all you can before taking out that checkbook. Remember, buying is easy --- but selling later is NOT.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 26, 2010 07:11 AM

Jun 26, 2010

michaelc663 wrote:
i hope you have unloaded it by now. if you are renting them out, i was told dont take any less than 10 cents a point. if selling, expect to get only a fraction of what you paid. dont deal with anyone who call you. seek a service and call them to see what they charge to sell or "RID" you of it. which is you pay them to take it.

Patricia N.
Jun 27, 2010

patrician78 wrote:
... seek a service and call them to see what they charge to sell or "RID" you of it. which is you pay them to take it.
I strongly disagree with this particular advice...

I would instead suggest contacting Pinnacle Vacations ( I don't have any contact info, but you can find them easily enough by an Internet search). Pinnacle is an authorized BlueGreen reseller (maybe the ONLY authorized Bluegreen reseller, I'm not sure). They MIGHT be able to help you out. It's at least worth looking into before "paying someone to take it", which seems (to me, anyhow) to be a very poor (and unnecessarily expensive) choice of a course of action...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 27, 2010 08:10 AM

Aug 01, 2011

With Bluegreen, everything is money! Never mind service, high speed internet, there is a fee; now to carry over points from year to year, there is a new fee; if you need anything there is a fee. Even if you are staying within your own resort, you have an annual club membership fee to make a request. No different than an exchange fee anywhere else. Interval International gives the best service and if you choose your resort correctly, you actually have a deed to the time you own at your resort. No points involved so no one can change their value. With points, what do you have? Try to buy more points outside of Bluegreen and the "Club" won't combine them with points you already own because you didn't buy the new points from Bluegreen! The same thing happens if you buy outside and then purchase more from outside, don't expect to combine the points. Nice, huh? It is a closed system.

John M.
Feb 13, 2012

My wife and i have recently purchased a timeshare from bluegreen and we are probably not going on a vacation this yr. due to some health issues. We were wanting to know how do you know how much your points are worth?

Kimberly M.
Jul 08, 2012

You are correct, with bluegreen, everything is money, not customer service. II is tops!

John M.
Jul 09, 2012

Ads are not allowed in the forums .... if you want to place an ad then go to 'Sell or Rent Your Timeshare' and place it there.

R P.
Jul 13, 2012

I have had Blugreen Points. I am sorry to say they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. The web is full of places you can get them for next to nothing. i am not sure if you bought your points right from the resort or the resale market. hopefully the resale market. If not be sure before you get tricked into bying any more. Buy them off ebay. Actually most those owners you can call them and they would be more than happy to just give the entire thing to you.

Don M.
Apr 18, 2013

You are wrong about not being able to buy points outside of BG and combining them with your BG points that you purchased from BG. I have purchased over 70,000 points from E Bay and all of mine have been combined together . Unless the rules have changed in the last 12 months. So if in doubt call BG and ask before you buy outside points which is the best way to go once you become a BG owner. EBay is the best place to do that. I have gotten 10,000 points for $1.00 and all closing cost paid. Just do your home work and ask questions. Don't assume anything. We have been very happy with BG. Just stay out of there sales office once you become a member and buy any extra points you want out side of BG

Brenda K.
Apr 24, 2013

I would agree with brendak186. I own Bluegreen points and have not had any serious complaints with them. However, I also own Marriott weeks and Wyndham points and I think that Wyndham is the best. They have more resorts in more locations and "points are points" as they say. They also have a variety of different types of points ownership and one might research that aspect also before choosing. With Wyndham one can book their home resort 13 months in advance and at other resorts 10 mos. in advance - no fees. I have had no problem getting into any resort as long as I decide early enough in advance. There would be problems however, getting Daytona, for instance, during race week or bike week 10 mos. out. Internet service at Bluegreen and Wyndham is provided free as is coffee, usually, at both. Marriott charges 30 cents a minute for computer use.... CHEAP. Don't look for a cup of coffee in their lobby area either. I would recommend timeshare only if one is going to use them and then never buy direct from the company. Any, so called, benefits are not worth paying the exhorbitant higher price. I doubt anyone can be, or is ever, totally happy with timeshare companies ALL the time. Increased fees, policy changes, etc. will always assure owners of that. As long as they remain minor bumps in the road, however, one can be a happy owner with only minor irritations. Good luck.

Dennis N.
May 23, 2013

if you buy bluegreen or other points on ebay - how to you handle maintenance fees?

brendak186 wrote:
You are wrong about not being able to buy points outside of BG and combining them with your BG points that you purchased from BG. I have purchased over 70,000 points from E Bay and all of mine have been combined together . Unless the rules have changed in the last 12 months. So if in doubt call BG and ask before you buy outside points which is the best way to go once you become a BG owner. EBay is the best place to do that. I have gotten 10,000 points for $1.00 and all closing cost paid. Just do your home work and ask questions. Don't assume anything. We have been very happy with BG. Just stay out of there sales office once you become a member and buy any extra points you want out side of BG

Sherrie N.
May 24, 2013

sherrien10 wrote:
if you buy bluegreen or other points on ebay - how to you handle maintenance fees?

It would be like buying a deeded week .... if the seller has booked his points for the year (ie: 2013) then you would not be responsible for paying them since you can't used the points in 2013 ..... you (the buyer) would then be responsible for the next years' (ie: 2014 and subsequent years') maintenance fees.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 24, 2013 07:45 AM

May 28, 2013

I agree, do not pay anyone just yet without looking at options. I almost had to pay $4,000 for some company to take it from me. Instead, I bumped into Sun & Seas Vacations in Hilton Head. They took my Timeshare as a trade to buy into a membership at Sun & Seas Vacation. I like the Sun & Seas vacation because I only have to pay the club dues of a little over $100 a year if I wanted to use the discounted service.

Andrew B.
May 28, 2013

My wife and I are considering becoming a member at BG. What's your suggestion in starting out? Do we go to BG to start the process, or can we buy from someone off of Ebay for example that would be a BG membership?

Andrew B.
May 28, 2013

andrewb285 wrote:
My wife and I are considering becoming a member at BG. What's your suggestion in starting out? Do we go to BG to start the process, or can we buy from someone off of Ebay for example that would be a BG membership?

Definitely buy on the resale market .... you can get the same product for pennies on the dollar of what BG (= developer) would charge you.

R P.
May 28, 2013

Buying points directly from Bluegreen or other timeshare company is like buying a new car. It is not worth the money you paid for it once it is titled in your name. A large portion of what you pay is for commission to the salesman, etc. If you have done your homework and still decide Bluegreen is what you want in the way of vacation time then buying resale is the only way to go. It will save you a lot of money and the questionable benefits you would derive from buying through the company are just that.... questionable. I would suggest at some time however, that you go through a sales presentation to find out exactly what benefits you would get and decide if those are worth the extra money to you personally. The big thing to decide is what level of points is right for you and not having access to points charts makes it a bit difficult. I would be happy to lend some assistance in this regard but going through a BG sales presentation will give you a better idea and the salesperson certainly can help with that also. Just remember that they will OVER-PROMISE and UNDER-DELIVER when trying to sell you points. Get your information THEN go to Ebay or Redweek resales for your points. Timeshare laws state that they must treat you like any other owner regardless of where you came by your points.... except for the, so called, "benefits". With Bluegreen it doesn't matter to what resort the points are attached. Points are points and they can be used at any resort; maintenance fees are calculated by points and so are accommodations (location, week, and unit size, etc.). Bluegreen also has a membership fee charged to owners in addition to maintenance fees. I own 3 different companies - Marriott, Bluegreen and Wyndham and of the three I prefer Wyndham. They offer more locations than BG and more flexibility than Marriott for the cost (my opinion) but there are drawbacks in every system. Good luck and happy vacationing.

andrewb285 wrote:

Dennis N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.