General Discussion

honest advice

Nov 24, 2009

i want to sale a timeshare i was pressured into buying just want some nonbiased honest answers on what my options are

Chad C.
Nov 24, 2009

I love the term of pressured to buy your timeshare! Did this sales person hold a gun to your head so you would buy a timeshare from them? If you had no interest in this resort no one could talk you into buying it.

Not knowing what you bought or how much I would say your first and best option is to do what you should have bought the unit for and that is your family use.

Your next option is to try and sell it and maybe take a 75-80% loss or maybe a 100% loss depending on what and where you own.

Only few options if wanting to just sell your timeshare. One is pay some site like Redweek and list your unit or list on some free sites or both. Do not pay some listing scam company to list and pay upfront fee or you will keep your timeshare and lose your upfront money.

If you look you can find some honest timeshare resales companies that take after sale but they take up to $2000 depending on your listing price. Also remember that all these options require you have paid it off and up to date on all fee's!

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Nov 26, 2009 08:38 PM

Nov 25, 2009

chadc60 wrote:
i want to sale a timeshare i was pressured into buying just want some nonbiased honest answers on what my options are

Look in your contract to see what your rescission period/clause says and if you're within that timeframe send a rescission notice NOW by US mail/return receipt. If the timeframe has already lapsed, then you own that timeshare ... it's the time stamped on the envelope that counts ... not when it's received by the resort.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.