Timeshare Companies

Marion Griffin, Thomas Verner are scammers

Oct 23, 2010

Thanks- I will do that today. I am also reporting today to the Windermere Florida police department. Kelly Price, Marion Griffin, and Thomas Verner all have the same address listed in Windermere, Florida. They have others listed too, but its apparent they are all 3 running a scam together.

Julie A.
Nov 08, 2010

I just learned today that I was scammed by her as well. 2 bedroom timeshare at Maui Ocean Club for January. I booked it last March. Went through PayPal, but used a checking account rather than credit card. That was stupid.

Did she have an Australian accent?

Does anyone know how to track her down? Has she been arrested yet?

Jim C.
Nov 08, 2010

She must have rented to you at the same time she rented to my family. I filed a report with the Attorney General in Florida and also called the police department in Windermere Florida where she was living at one time. The internet has provided a lot of information on her. I would advise you to call the police department in Orlando instead of Windermere because she did live in Orlando and maybe still does. The local police were most helpful but still haven't caught her yet. What story did you get from her as to why she wouldn't take the whole amount at once? I know that was her way of stalling as paypal won't do anything if its over 45 days past your payment. I spoke with paypal and they have all her bank information as well as address and will give it out if the police or someone highter up asks for it. We havent gotten our money back yet but have disputed it with our credit card company. We luckily did pay with paypal through our credit card. I have vowed to keep doing research to find this woman.

Julie A.
Nov 08, 2010

Forgot to add that I never spoke with her so don't know if she had an accent. It was probably made up.

Julie A.
Nov 08, 2010

I don't remember now if I spoke to her, but she did call me and leave a message. She has an English accent and did refer to her mother as "mum". By the way, if you Google her name, Marion Griffin palms and you will come up with a scam from ripoffreport.com on a company called Florida Palms - too many coincidences not to be her. Apparently the person who filed the complaint is from the UK. I got the feeling it is her. I think she only takes a partial payment because if you paid the whole thing upfront, and she didn't send you a receipt or acknowledgement upon full payment, you would find out much sooner. Because both of my payments were to the same person, the credit card company did consider them to be one dispute and even though the Paypal time limitation had passed, I was able to get all my money back. I'm not done with her yet, just life has derailed me from following through on this.

Margaret

Margaret B.
Nov 08, 2010

Please let me know if you make any progress on tracking her down or finding out anything about her. Needless to say I am not happy about her or this situation.

I did see the ripoffreport as well and thought it had to be her. Of course when I tried to call the phone number she gave back in March it was disconnected. I also e-mailed her too and did not get a reply...surprise...surprise.

Jim C.

Last edited by jimc472 on Aug 28, 2014 10:36 AM

Nov 09, 2010

Hi Jim-

Thanks for posting your cell number. I do plan on calling you. I have a whole file on things I have found on the internet and will make copies and send them to you. This woman has been scamming for years and will continue to do so unless someone stops her. I will call you within the next day or two.

Julie R

Julie A.
Nov 10, 2010

Julie, when I did a search, I found the ripoff report information and I did find an ad she had posted on Craigslist looking to trade a week at the Maui Marriott for a week in Hilton Head (I forgot about that until just now). I wonder how she's gotten away with it if she's been scamming for years, and using her same name. I see that she is using the Maui Marriott a lot as her bait. When I was trying to figure out if she was a scammer or not, I called the Marriott and Interval timeshare and spent an hour on the phone with the Marriott, but it obviously didn't help.

Margaret

Margaret B.
Nov 10, 2010

OK Julie, looking forward to speaking with you. Best time to reach me is between 8am to 4pm (PST)

Jim C.
Nov 12, 2010

I have checked to see if any information was still on the internet about her, but her postings about Hilton Head have been removed. I called Interval yesterday and an investigator is getting back to me. Has Marion sent anyone a certificate from Interval with any information on it? Also, has anyone had any phone conversations or email correspondence with Thomas Verner. I have been corresponding with a woman via email who said she has been emailing Thomas Verner and he claims to be innocent. I have my doubts on that.

Julie A.
Nov 12, 2010

Thomas Verner's name was on the Redweek website for the Maui Marriott rental that I thought I had rented, however Marion Griffin was the one that corresponded with me. I would expect they are in it together.

Vicki W.
Nov 14, 2010

I received a receipt from Marion but then when I wanted to pay the balance and asked for a certificate, that's when I got suspicious and no responses. That's when I called the Marriott and the woman at the Marriott called Interval while I was on the phone and we had a conference call but didn't have enough information for Interval or the Marriott to get/give any information. Marion was the one I communicated with and I never heard of Thomas Verner until I started seeing these posting. I kept a copy of the ad she placed on Craigslist looking to trade a week in Maui for a week in Hilton Head.

Margaret

Margaret B.
Dec 07, 2010

This has been bugging me for days so I decided to spend some time doing something. I am filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). Don't know if it will help, but at least I feel like I have done something. The form does ask for contact information for other people who have complained so if you are interested in having IC3 follow-up, please respond to this post.

Margaret

Margaret B.
Feb 01, 2011

HI

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU INTEND ON FILING ACTION AGAINST MARION AND KELLY AND THOMAS VERNER.

THEY RIPPED ME OFF AS WELL AND I WANT TO FILE SOME SORT OF ACTION AGAINST THEM AS WELL.

HEATHER

H G.
Feb 01, 2011

Heather-

Please email me at jarichter15@gmail.com. There are some things I have found out that I prefer not to post in case Marion or Thomas are watching this forum.

Julie R

Julie A.
Feb 01, 2011

h.gillies wrote:
PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU INTEND ON FILING ACTION AGAINST MARION AND KELLY AND THOMAS VERNER.

THEY RIPPED ME OFF AS WELL AND I WANT TO FILE SOME SORT OF ACTION AGAINST THEM AS WELL.

YOU must prepare and submit YOUR OWN complete, detailed, written summary of the facts for an AG office. Be specific on dates and describe and organize the events in their chronological order of occurence. Then (and not a moment before then) submit your formal complaint to the Office of the Attorney General of the state in which these parasites are operating. The better you organize, document and present the pertinent details and facts of the matter, the better the chances of getting a meaningful response. An AG office can investigate and take appropriate action, but NO AG office is ever going to do YOUR homework FOR you.

Frankly, doing anything less than the above is just futile, useless "venting". Venting might make you feel a little better, but it won't ever result in any investigation or action by those actually in a position of legal authority.

P.S. Complaining about scammers to the useless, powerless BBB is (in my opinion, anyhow) a complete waste of time and energy. The BBB has no legal authority of any kind whatsoever and scammers couldn't care less about BBB ratings, which is the ONLY leverage the BBB possesses. Legitimate businesses may care about their BBB ratings, but rest assured that scammers most certainly do NOT.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 01, 2011 11:41 AM

Feb 01, 2011

I have quite a detailed explanation and copies of everything, good enough that I got my money back from my credit card company and Paypal. Does this mean I can file a complaint with both the state of Florida and California?

Margaret B.
Feb 02, 2011

margaretb195 wrote:
I have quite a detailed explanation and copies of everything, good enough that I got my money back from my credit card company and Paypal. Does this mean I can file a complaint with both the state of Florida and California?
Your complaint should be filed ONLY with the state(s) in which the scammer operation is actually based and conducted. A state AG office only has jurisdiction over matters occuring within its' own state. It matters not at all where YOU might live.

Since you reportedly got all your money back already, YOUR complaint would likely be regarded only as "informational" by investigators. In other words, you certainly wouldn't ever see any MORE money in the future by filing a formal complaint.

That said however, since so many received "complaints" are incomplete, inarticulate, poorly documented, disorganized (...and quite often ALL of the above) a clear, precise and well organized complaint will ALWAYS be welcomed by investigators, since well documented complaints provide investigators with useful insights into the m.o. and patterns of the parasite operations, facilitating investigation and perhaps enabling them to shut down the parasites completely all that much sooner. Go for it!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 04, 2011 07:05 AM

Apr 25, 2013

Hi, just wondered is Marion Griffin also now known as Marion Verner.. May have been scammed myself.

Peter H.
Apr 25, 2013

Yes, that is the same person. She is now married to Thomas Verner. Please email me at jarichter15@gmail.com. I will give you what information I have on her. I have contact information of someone else that was recently scammed.

JR

Julie A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.