Timeshare Companies

Marion Griffin, Thomas Verner are scammers

Apr 25, 2013

Is he still showing up? I was surprised when I saw an update on this subject.

Margaret

Margaret B.
Jul 01, 2013

Hi She is now known as Marion Verner. She has a new scam renting villas that are undergoing repossession. The scam is she offers to rent the villa while the process is going through, once they get access to the villa they strip it including the owners cupboard (if there is one) they then rent the villa promising to give the owner $700.00 per month and you guessed it no money is forthcoming. They have scammed us in this manner, we are currently preparing a case file to send to the Florida State Police. I think the more people do this then the police will take action and remove these scum from society.

margaretb195 wrote:

Margaret

Steven D.
Jul 01, 2013

Steven- please email me at jarichter15@gmail.com. I have some new information that I just received last night that could help you. I don't want to post on here in case she follows this.

Julie A.
Jul 07, 2013

Hi Steven, we have also just been scammed by this person not nice!! only just find out what she's been upto. She's gone to ground now can't make any contact with her. I would be very grateful for any information you have on her. If you could e-mail dgmann@virginmedia.com

Kind regards Geraldine

stevend214 wrote:
Hi She is now known as Marion Verner. She has a new scam renting villas that are undergoing repossession. The scam is she offers to rent the villa while the process is going through, once they get access to the villa they strip it including the owners cupboard (if there is one) they then rent the villa promising to give the owner $700.00 per month and you guessed it no money is forthcoming. They have scammed us in this manner, we are currently preparing a case file to send to the Florida State Police. I think the more people do this then the police will take action and remove these scum from society.

margaretb195 wrote:

Margaret

Geraldine M.
Jul 31, 2013

Julie,

Can you give me a call when you have a chance. 503-347-4300.

Jim

julier83 wrote:
Hi Jim-

Thanks for posting your cell number. I do plan on calling you. I have a whole file on things I have found on the internet and will make copies and send them to you. This woman has been scamming for years and will continue to do so unless someone stops her. I will call you within the next day or two.

Julie R

Jim C.
Aug 01, 2013

Hi This is the last info we have on this very nasty scammer.

Marion Verner 13506 Summerpoer Village Parkway #125 Windermere Florida FL 34786 United States of America

Cell 407 745 9563 or 407 614 2203

Good luck to you all I hope these scammers are soon brought to justice.

Steven D.
Aug 01, 2013

Well I guess the Redweek membership fee doesn't keep scammers from using redweek to contact other members. At least they had to register a CC with Redweek. Has Redweek been any help with information provided by these scammers when they registered for membership?

Tracey S.
Aug 01, 2013

Hope I was of use and u all get ur money back like I did. Don't try n scam a con from ny...

Maximo F.
Aug 01, 2013

See u in Portland for lunch mr coats

Maximo F.
Aug 01, 2013

maximof wrote:
See u in Portland for lunch mr coats

Absolutely Max. Thank you for you help and I look forward to that lunch!

Jim C.
Aug 02, 2013

well done to max brilliant information on this nasty scammer many thanks geraldine

Geraldine M.
Aug 02, 2013

After being told not to respond to this, I think this has got completely out of hand once more and after the events of this last week it is time that everyone knows the truth once and for all.

I will start with saying that Kelly Price, nor Thomas Verner are not scammers of any kind, they are both honest good decent people and it is unfortunate they have been brought into this. I have only seen all these postings today for the first time.

Lets start with the latest turn of events and the posts posted with relationship to what I have been involved with more recently.

I will do individual replies on each subject.

First of all to Steven Denville who made a post at the beginning of July. You may need to tell people that your house was a complete wreck and had been sitting empty decaying for years. When you legally asked me to take it over to try and recover income for you signing legal documents making me your Power of Attorney and Caretaking agreement that means you legally gave me permission which does not constitute I committed fraud. I have two sets of people who even saw it before I went to the property myself and they have the photographs to prove the house was trashed and confirms the owners closet was already empty and the house was trashed. In order to secure you the income of $700 a month, out of my own pocket I paid a third party company to have the house cleaned up in the first place, all the broken lanai replaced, pool pump replacements, the ac fixed together with repairs to the outside unit, the landscaping cut down and the pool which was black brought back and the back porch power washed as well as many other repairs, to the inside and outside of the house. To anyone that knows just what this takes it was in excess of $2500. The agreement was you would get paid $700 a month in income but you would do your part in saving your property too so I would then be able to reimburse my upfront costs and that of the monthly pool service and landscaping that I pay a third party for and any caretaking fees that would include the replacements and repairs from the $1050 rent received. In addition to which it cost me $46 in fees to send you a $700 moneygram. That would mean after paying for services and ongoing caretaking I would be taking around $150 a month myself to reimburse the thousands I put in up front. You claimed intention your was to try and save the property which meant I would eventually see my money returned. When you came over and I met you, I expressed my concern that I did not want to lose the money I had injected into your property and for this to work you had to produce the papers necessary for me to work with the Bank.

I explained that although I had done everything I could in getting the last court date delayed, there was a meeting on the 1st July and it was essential you supplied your TAX Number as the Bank would not work with me unless they had that. You promised you would send it immediately you got back. I then took you to the property where the Tenant themselves told you he saw your house the same time I saw it for the first time and how bad the property was initially and how much work and effort both we, and he in painting it had done. You and your wife both agreed it looked very good. He also reiterated what the cleaners and the person that opened the property had confirmed that the owners closet was empty when they got there. You informed the Tenant you were gong to pay to have floor tiles put down and would pay to get the roof repaired. Before you left you were paid in advance for the rent due up to the 20th June. After you went home I was waiting for the TAX ID to work with the bank as you knew it was essential to receive it by 1st July or they were going to foreclose your home. You only sent me a message asking for the rent to cover the period 20th June to 20th July which was the next payment due. Up until that point you had been paid in full for the rentals. Despite the fact I had not collected it at that point from the Tenant and concerned you was expecting the Tenant to pay on a property you would not be owning in July due to your inability to do your part. I did not receive the Julys rent until after the Court date of the 1st July where they had issued a foreclosure and auction date of 17th July. At that stage I was still over $2000 out of pocket myself and the owner was about to be thrown out the house so I held on to that money as any person would do that had put so much money time and effort into this. I was still sending you urgent requests to contact the bank yourself with the TAX ID number so I could have this sale delayed as the Bank would only talk to you at that point and I told you I would release the rent to you if the owner was able to stay. Instead of doing the right thing in producing the papers you promised. I was not aware that while I was working my heart out still trying to stop the foreclosed sale, making endless calls to the Bank. You opted to write nasty things about me on this web site, on the same date u knew full well your house was going to get foreclosed on and not only was I going to lose the Thousands I had put into your property on your behalf, but the poor Tenants you had promised so much to do for would lose their home.

Steven Denville I have not committed any fraud to you. In fact I am the one that lost out as well as the Tenants. You were paid for the rentals up until 10 days before you knew your house was going to be foreclosed. By the time the Tenants paid the rent, your house had already been foreclosed. If anyone wants to see proof of this just go to Polk County Court records look up his name and you will see this. I have the receipts for the payments made to you up to 20th June. I also have the emails asking you for your papers and to contact the Bank with your ID to stop the auction from taking place. If anyone was scammed it was me into believing you would keep to your promise of producing the necessary paperwork knowing full well how much money I had paid out on your property and expecting to scam the Tenants into paying for a property you would not own any more.

Marion M.
Aug 02, 2013

Now lets go to Peter Hill. Peter and I had an excellent relationship. After posting this notice he wrote a number of nice emails to me. He was enticed into writing he felt he had been scammed by two very clever people who in order to avoid paying rent on his property knew exactly what they were doing using my empathy and a private a conversation I had with them about people being abused and threatened which resulted in somewhat some of the items posted on this site and ultimately starting off yet another round of scam alerts on me.

When I initially took Peters property on, once again the agreement was for me to upfront the costs to get his property which had sat empty for years back in to a good condition for rental. At the beginning of the rental, I met what I felt were a good decent couple who were in need of help alone in Florida with three children including a baby who when I met them had just sufficient money for one more night in a hotel room hey were penniless. Claiming he was waiting for money to be transferred by his Mother, I let them rent the property with no money down or towards rent, based on the fact he was going to eventually get the money to pay. I even contributed to the utilities being put on for him. The money from his Mother never appeared and he asked to help me with what I was doing to help him financially. For the next few months I ended up funding the rent, the utilities, and giving him money each week to live on. At the same time, he was learning what I was doing and eventually trusted him to collect rents and deposits on my behalf and to make deposits into peoples accounts for me and basically running things in my absence. At the same time, I met a couple who also lived on the development, renting someone else's property.

Their business was renting out timeshares and other peoples properties. During the early stages I felt comfortable whilst talking about being abused opened up to them about my ex Husband had done to me and after trying to kill me (a police report is on record for this) and was put in jail his family who were computer experts and also very dangerous had vowed to ruin my life and my reputation and by doing identity theft on me was part of the problem resulting in a scam being put on this timeshare websites about me either by making fictitious claims or by hacking in my emails and accounts and other personal data they had of mine to make it look like I had scammed people. . I also told them I had been advised by authorities not to go to this website that would enable them to trace me and cause more harm to me or my family. That is why today was the first time I had looked at this.

Through being backed into a corner over a booking she had done for my family at Christmas I had to agree to her moving into Peters Property in February, with me not just paying the first months rent for her, but also being responsible for her utilities for the first month, and ultimately putting the power and cable on in my name as she was not able to have it in their name due to a previous problem they had experienced. I then found out that she was not even in the house herself but had rented it out to a Canadian family. Eventually she moved in and paid part March rent deducting accommodation in a timeshare resort for the person I had been supporting previously in the house. Once she moved in she wanted to speak to Peter direct because she felt as the house was in pre foreclosure which she was aware of and was renting her previous house in that status she should not be expected to be paying $895 for a four bedroom property and felt he should reduce it to $500. I told her this was not going to happen Peter was not going to reduce the rental that much. When the next rent was due she refused to pay it now claiming that I did not represent Peter Hill and I had been scamming her. After showing her the money gram receipts I had sent him, the legal paperwork he had signed and sent me proving I was his POA, she now insisted the POA was notarized. As there are few Notaries in the UK Peter could not do this for over a week. At this stage she was now seriously behind on rent. I sent copies of Peters emails to me telling me when the appointment was.

Once Peter had sent me the copy of the notarized POA, she insisted that she wanted to see the original before she paid. I was shocked to then get a nasty email from Peter, as she had contacting the Notary on the POA, to try and get Peters direct contact telling them check Redweek, the very site I had confidentially told her about, and that I was a scam artist and had scammed him and made him believe not only that she had paid the rent but that the Police were going to arrest me for fraudulently opening up homes without owners permission and that the Locksmith had told her this. The previous listing to Peters is hers where she had contacted people on this website claiming I was renting her a house without the owners permission and scamming her. Despite the fact she had all the relavant papers now and was absolutely aware I legally represented Peter and making claims I was about to be arrested. At that stage I paid for an attorney to call to peak to the police and the owners of houses she claims I had opened without permission to find that her claims were unfounded. The Locksmith in question was also called and with the conversation being overheard not just by my legal representative but his response being recorded in writing the Locksmith absolutely denied ever telling her that. His words were the whole thing is laughable. At that stage I suggested if she had paid me Aprils rent, she needed to produce evidence of the payment to the person she was making these allegations to. She could not produce that. However in the meantime she was now in contact with one of the main source of the scam campaign on Redweek making up more false claims. On speaking to Peter after this and being honest as to the situation on this and how it happened he asked what I felt he should do at this stage about the house. He did not want them in there. I had recently spoken to the Banks representative on his behalf and they had offered him a lump sum to simply hand over the keys and they would deal with the people in the property. I suggested that was best option as I had no intent of working with the people in his house. I have all his legal paperwork proving I represented him legally. I also have confirmation that he had received all rents due to him despite the fact that in total I only received in real funds part of a Months rent in March. I also have his last email thanking me and wishing me the best.

Therefore, Peters message that he thought he had been scammed was brought on by this persons endeavor's to cause as much trouble for me as she can and with the assistance of a few other members on here spreading this around which was unfounded.

Just to add to this, I am now left with their Power and Brighthouse Bills which was still in my name which was past due when they left the property sometime after. You may ask why did I not simply turn the utilities off when I stopped representing the house in April and the answer to that was being the nasty person you portray me as, knowing they were unable to get these in their name I did not want to leave their children without power or as all her work is done via the internet from home leave them in the position where they could not work and make a living to support their family.

Marion M.
Aug 02, 2013

Now in response to Geraldine Mann. First of all I must apologize to you. There are a few reasons for you not hearing from me, one being the email address you have contact with me has been hacked in to. No surprise. I cannot get access into it at all. When we were last in contact you were questioned whether you had received payments into your account. As you know we had been making payments into your bank account directly . Early this year after I was off work for some time. Paul who I had been supporting in Peters Hill house had taken over from me. He was collecting rents and completing the original paperwork and paying money into accounts for me out of the money he was collecting for owners. At your particular Bank and you can check this, they have two accounts with your name. When you first claimed you had not been paid Paul felt that perhaps he had paid it into the wrong account. As you know we do not have your account number. He advised us he was looking into this and will get the money back into your account.

There was a time when your Tenants were very late with their payment and he had been asked when the payment did get paid to make a lump sum payment to cover a number of months. as he was holding at that time quite a sum of money from collected rents. He produced a statement showing where the money he had collected had been paid to your account on there which is why you had been questioned about it so much. When he moved out of the house he was now staying in a Timeshare Resort all the way down in Kissimmee and had family in town stating he would give the files and statements back and settle up when they left. For several weeks after that he was not returning emails or phone calls. Despite the fact I was being charged for him to stay in the timeshare resort by the people in the above comment box. I was eventually told by them he had gone back to the UK. The delay has been trying to find out what he had done.

Your Tenants had been late again last month and only completed last months rent on the 1st of this month. Paperwork came for you last month that needed to be signed by you to extend the pre foreclosure period as the Tenants have been harassed by a representative of the Bank but have also had their TV services disconnected again by the HOA. Along with the paperwork I sent you a payment which caught you up to July. The Tenants will make their next payment on the 15th and you will be sent that payment for August.

Once again there has been no fraud taken place here. You supplied me with the legal paperwork to represent you. I was still in the UK when this was all taking place. You were sent pictures of the house when it was taken over, as the Tenants themselves witnessed it. It had basically been ram sacked and the whole house was full up of empty boxes. The pool was all but destroyed and covered up with wood and wire. The Ac parts were missing along with pool pump and parts. After you had it in short term rental before we even took over, I sent you the advertisements of where a cleaning Company had been running a business from your house advertising in the yellow pages etc. Therefore, you cannot claim that we had taken your stuff. Or defrauded you in any way you had full knowledge we were representing you. The only thing we are guilty on your part, is the long delay in bringing your account up to date with statements from Paul showing he had paid you up.

It is a great shame that the reason we do this is to help you recover money from your houses after your houses had been sitting empty for years where you had no income at all. We have used our money to put your houses back together and in Steven Denvilles case have been the ones to loose out financially. Stephen has been paid up to the 20th June, his house foreclosed on the 1st. Peter Hill has received all his money while I represented his house, despite me financing the majority of it for Paul and his family. You have now been settled up until 1st August. We took these properties on to help you out never ever asking you for any money to put these decaying properties back together again for you. No fraud has taken place on the work I am involved with now with the villas and I have proof of the payments made to the parties mentioned on this sight. I also have the legal paperwork signed by the owners making me their Power of Attorney and Caretaker of their properties.

Marion M.
Aug 03, 2013

Now lets get to the Timeshare Side. Relating to the articles on this site.

Despite there being Three pages of postings. The same people have repeated postings. Leaving a handful of people with claims. Not thousands of claims as suggested by the rip of team of Angela Rivera and the New York self processed con man

What is not noted are the numerous people who did get good holidays at very discounted prices. As Mark Anthony said, the bad that people do with live after them, the good is oft interred with their bones.

I will start at the beginning and you will see where this had gone wrong. There are two factors to this.

I worked at Mystic Timeshare Resort for a number of years and was one of their top sellers with over a million dollars of sales a year. Being successful at what I did, I won numerous awards and accolades. I won multiple Certificates for a week's accommodation in Timeshare Resorts regularly. With these there are a significant number of people out there who benefitted from using these and I always had a stack of them. Despite getting a weeks accommodation, there was a fee that had to be paid to contribute towards the costs depending on the size which was still only a few hundred dollars.

At one time one of my Customers was arranging a trip for a Baseball Team and I said I would help him out as there were many kids involved by letting him use a whole batch of my Certificates I will use to get his accommodation when it came to the time he needed to book.

I started to receive correspondence from a Lady whose name is Campbell. She initially enquired about one of my Bookings. I told her where I worked and what I did. One day at work I was called to the reception where she was on the phone and told me she had made several bookings at Mystic Dunes and could I check on them for her. She gave me the names and when they were looked up although a number of the Bookings were there. None of them had actually been paid for and the guests were expected to pay on arrival. I advised her of this and she went on to claim that she had booked with a specific Rental Company located in Celebration and had paid for the bookings. Although there was a holiday company attached to these bookings she had given me a name of a person and with that was able to track down an address in Celebration and said I would go on her behalf to this address to see what was happening. This did not pan out as the people I saw had no idea who she was. Believing she had been scammed out of her money and on telling me she had a similar arrangement with the Wyndham Group where she could get these weeks at basically the same price I got my Certificates for it was suggested that she could use the Certificates I had for the bookings she had at Mystic, and when it came to booking the Baseball group she would get the Wyndhams for me for them. Shortly after that I was called into the office by my Boss as they had received an email from her stating she had booked several weeks up at Mystic through me and concerned I had not done the bookings!!!! Thankfully I was able to go on to the internet in and pull up the correspondence from her where she was claiming to me she had made these bookings via a third party, not me, and although we had talks on exchanging my Certificates for her Wyndhams nothing had been confirmed. After that I spoke back with her and it was said to be a misunderstanding and we were to go back to the original plan to exchange her upcoming bookings a Mystic with the Baseball Team. She also claimed she had more bookings ahead for Mystic and we would just use it as a swap.

Finally we got the Dates for the Baseball Team, and they paid me the funds for the Bookings which was basically a few hundred dollars for each which was the price needed to contribute to the Certificates for those Bookings. As the time got nearer and I had confirmed dates from him, I started to send her the dates. I was asked to let her know how many was in each unit, their lead name etc. It transpired that some of them needed one extra night and it was confirmed that would not be a problem as Wyndham allows to book by the night with her arrangements. As the time drew near I had taken all the money for these bookings and confirmed the Wyndham be where they would stay based on her agreement. She said I would get the booking confirmations and was finally told they had been secured but I had to wait for the Confirmations. I had been asked a question by Dave the Leader of the group about check ins and as theycould not get hold of her I called the Wyndham myself, not my Daughter as she claims. I was told that although these bookings were on hold by a third party travel Company they had been canceled. It scared the living day lights out of me as we were only days away and as the Baseball games were being held in that area, it was virtually impossible to get accommodation. I called her and she claimed she had been let down by the people she booked with. I have to admit, having experienced this myself I believed her, but don't worry she will make sure I get the bookings. As this was all happening out of the Blue I got a call from the Company she claimed had let her down and they advised she had booked with them, but had never paid for the Bookings and she had done this several times before with them and I could book directly with them if I wanted to. However, the cost they gave me to book would have been at least three times more than what I had received in payment from the group and I simply did not have that kind of immediate funds. I was backed into a corner, with people expecting accommodation I had promised, and the funds had from them in total would have only covered one or two rooms at the rate I was seeing. Finally at the very last minute believe it was the night before they arrived, David had called me to say one of his party had called and there was no booking for him, I called her where upon she assured me she had things on hold there and I would receiving the confirmations but she needed the head name of each party. I believed this was a reasonable explanation either way I had no choice and was in a total panic. She then advised she had managed to fit these people in, but instead of being able to book a week and an extra day. I was told she had to book two weeks to cover each of the bookings that were 8 nights. On top of this as she could only get arrivals on a Certain nights, other ones which started on the Saturday, she could only get Friday to Friday and as such needed to have two weeks of bookings, leaving the several rooms empty for the balance of the six days. As this was the day before, and he had people already travelling I had to accept this in the belief that I would have to use several more of my certificates for her bookings but at least these people were booked. I called the Wyndham myself, as one of the guests was already there and the woman was helpful, said the bookings had just appeared and I said to use Dave's name as lead on them all. My panic was over, until I next got an email from her stating that I would have to now pay her for all these weeks. Which was contrary to our original agreement of exchange of bookings. In addition to which, not only were a number of these bookings now doubled up costing twice the price, the rate she quoted was way in excess of the cost it would have cost to cover the contribution to my Certificates which is basically all I had charged Dave for in the first place. I said that I had thought we were exchanging Certificates and she then claimed she would not be needing my certificates as she had moved all her bookings from Mystic to her other Resorts!! Thus leaving me now in a situation where I could have originally used my own certificates to these bookings from the very beginning. But as the time grew near I would not have been able to use them leaving me now owing her nearly two to three times more than I had been paid by Dave for these bookings!!. I simply did not have those funds immediately to hand, and this was followed by various correspondence between us when I did make promises to pay her I will be completely honest about that. In the meantime, I then started getting some calls from angry people that had called my work to track me down, to say they had weeks at Mystic Dunes which is where they wanted to stay and found their bookings were not there. Or they had to pay when they got there. I found these were ones originally on her list. This did not put me in a very good light at work and these people were now making claims that I had scammed them!!!!! I called her to say lets exchange these bookings for ones against the money I owe you, only to be told she had booked them elsewhere. When I got back to the people that had called me, they were very angry with me stating that they had been told the bookings were done through me and paid for to me!!! and I had let them down and they were now going to Resorts they were not altogether happy with and it was my fault!!! At that stage I was now left with an excessive Bill from her and several people believing I had scammed them. At that stage, yes my health had got bad which I think all the worry probably contributed to. I also was trying to find ways to pay her and due to other situations which I will explain in the next report, you will see why this was the case. I then received a call from the Company she claimed she made the original bookings with, as they were now getting angry calls from people saying their booking was with them. They advised she had made the bookings originally with them, but never paid for and then they were told, these bookings had been swapped over to me as she had made an arrangement with me to exchange bookings with her!!!! They said I should not pay her the amount and insist that either she continues to go back to swapping my Certificates or reduces what is owed it appears like them, and also the other company she had originally booked the Wyndham bookings with, she had put them in a position where they had made bookings for her and lost out. At that stage I had got quite sick and yes, the crap that was spread about me, I had got breast cancer which came with other complications. I was going through treatment which was also costing a lot of money. Although I was initially working still at Mystic. At that stage also having been one of their top sellers, and one of the well respected members, now with all these calls from people claiming I had made bookings at this did not go down too well. I had been there several years without a blemish to my name. Now my reputation was faltering. I also had bookings with people who had paid me through paypal, some of which you have seen on this site. I had given her my paypal address as she sent me an invoice to pay through this but due to advice from this other Company and the virtue fact that although I did owe her this money, I did not have all the funds yet they said I should not pay it all. Through various talks we had with this Campbell Lady in the past, we would talk about my autistic grandson and we had laughed that I used his name for most of my log ins in a previous conversations. Then one day, I went to pay for one of the bookings I had made for someone at the Marriott in Hawaii, I was then told the funds were not available. When I logged in to pay pal, there was a very large transaction of thousands of dollars that had been made tfrom my account into her bank bank account even in excess of what I had owed her. I called Paypal and said I did not do this transaction I did not even know her Bank account information. They traced back the origination of who had logged into my account to do this and it was from her location. They filed a report and said they would eventually get the money back in to my account. However, they froze the money that was sitting in there, which meant the bookings that were being held for was sittng in a frozen account. My Bank account was also frozen as it was linked to the paypal account. If anyone wants to track back down paypal to that time they will confirm this action. Unfortunately people I had bookings that needed to be paid for, was unable to do as the account was frozen. At this time, I was also going through hospital treatment both with my breast, and yes it had affected my lungs and then I was rushed into hospital to have my gallbladder removed. At this time I was on sick leave from Mystic and they had received regular updated reports from my Doctor which detailed my ion and treatment. I am sure if there is to be any investigation this will be confirmed. It was not a story made up. Due to my illness, and also been pursued by the family of my ex Husband who had now also hacked into my personal info as they had heard I was now with Thomas and vowed to make trouble for us both I decided it was time to go back to my family in UK leaving Thomas behind so they would not come after him. Once back in the UK I was still trying to get resolved, eventually Paypal was instructed that once the account is unfrozen and the money back in the account they were to repay the people that had paid their money. At this stage a number had already lost their bookings and my accounts remained frozen as these people were making claims on pay pal and my bank account to get their back which was quite understandable. It also included peopIe I was not even aware of where certain parties who had my personal information was using this to their advantage. I did get some calls from people who got their money back and were understanding of my situation.

I had thought that everyone had got their money back and it was only when I spoke to Mr. Coates who claimed he did not get his I immediately sent him his money back.

As I was advised by authorities not to go onto these Forums especially as there was also certain people connected to my ex Husband who was posting negative things about me and my family which were untrue I had not looked at this until yesterday. That is when I have seen these people for the first time.

As I am not sure who is legitimate, and which are actually false claims and I have been liaising with the the Orange County Sheriffs Department. They advised that after paying Mr Coates and with the proof they had seen in text messages on my phone and phone messages left that I am the present victim of two parties trying to extort money from me using the claims of this scam offering me protection from everyone if I paid them. The Sheriff said all matters to do with money in this instance are a civil matter and as this all happened a few years ago when a claim is made that people are owed money I should ask them to prove their claim before paying them. As due to this con duo they may make falsified parties to extort money from me.

At this stage if you did not get your money back through paypal or the Bank, as it appears there are still a couple people still making claims. please put this in writing to me as you now have all my information as this con pair made sure everyone has in their attempt to extort money from me in return for their protection to ensure no one bothers me. I want people with genuine claims to bother me. Like Mr Coates who I immediately paid back once I knew. If there are any people that did not get refunded and are genuine, please contact me. It is not your fault that I got caught up in this horrible mess caught when I first got involved with the Campbell Lady. It is also not fair that anyone that was victim to identity theft from my ex in laws should lose out.

Now perhaps you know what really happened you will understand I am not the scam artist or fraudster I am portrayed as with regard to these handful of bookings that did not get their holiday. This has been blown way out of proportion as there are certain parties ensuring it does. It started out with a decent intent to help a baseball party with a group of children to save money on their trip and my attempt to help out this Lady who contacted me initially with claims that she had been scammed by other parties, only to find out this is a tract record she held and put me in a very venerable position which I could not back out of. If I had continued to use my Certificates of this would have been avoided.

Therefore, I await from anyone with a genuine outstanding claim to contact me to get this resolved.

Marion M.
Aug 03, 2013

Marion just to clarify a few things. 1. Why haven't you contacted us since the beginning of june with a new email address? am sure you have one!! 2. We do not believe that someone in the same bank as us has exactly the same names!! 3.Paul is nothing to do with us he is your employee stop trying to shift the blame to him. 4. We never said you took anything from our house. 5. We never signed any paperwork & gave you power of attorney. 6. You have given us excuse after excuse you owe us up to the 15th August 6 months rent!! 7. No paperwork came last month for us to sign or any other month so again more lies. 8. You have my phone number you were quick to ring me in the first place so when your email address had been hacked why didn't you phone!!! If you have been having all these problems why didn't you try to make contact to explain why the rent hadn't been paid???? 9. As for you sending us money to bring us up to date to July that is a joke no money has been paid into our account & we have the bank statements to proof this so you are still lying!! 10.Who is Paul Dempsey, Chris, & tom they seem to be able to email us!! So if all this about you is untrue then prove you are not a liar and pay us the rent you owe us that is all we are asking for. oh & also you reply its only good manners. Geraldine

Geraldine M.
Aug 03, 2013

Good evening Geraldine I will contact you on your private emails and telephone you on Monday. 1. I will re forward the emails which was sent to you in 21st June and 8th July. 2. When I go to your Bank on the 15th August I will let you talk to the Clerk to confirm there is another person with that name 3. Yes, he was working for me, but unfortunately as much as I cannot shift blame , he had taken over while I was off sick at that time I could not work and did not have a choice. 4 A third party has claimed to me that you had stated I took everything from your house. Unfortunately there are some very unsavory people tied up in this whole thing. 5. In your original emails you gave us the permission to act on your behalf 6.Last month papers came for you that needed to be signed by you, I spoke about this in the email I will be forwarding you from 21st June when I said I was waiting for them to come and sending them with your payment. This only came off to you when the papers come towards the end of July it is only 3rd August but you will see you are settled up to date It is a large package with lots of court papers too. They need to be signed so they do not do a Summery Judgement Please read the emails I will be re forwarding to you and each of these questions are answered. You will see I had stayed in contact making you aware of the situation. Once you get the package that is the arrears caught up, Next payment will be 15th August. Once again I apologize for the delay, but at least everything is caught up now. Marion

Marion M.
Aug 04, 2013

Marion. we are still waiting for these e-mails you supposedly sent on the 21June & 8th july we did not receive any?? We were e-mailing you twice a day no reply. So even if someone has the same name they wouldn't live at are address in the uk?? There must be hundreds people with the same surnames as each other. Whats that got to do with the rent anyway you managed to pay it into the right account Nov,Dec,Feb & March so whats happened to Jan, April, May, June,July and you keep saying were caught upto date we are not!!! How can 6 months behind with the rent be up to date!! Can everyone on this forum really all be wrong!!! We want this money in our account on Monday or we will be taking this matter to the authorities with your address & all the information we have on you. Geraldine

Geraldine M.
Aug 04, 2013

Anyone that is reading these posts that Marion Griffin, Barnes, or Verner, knows that you are a con artist! You also scammed us out of a timeshare at the Maui Marriott. We paid you $1700 as a deposit for a 2 week rental over Christmas. My husband told you over and over that we wanted to pay for the whole thing, so you would put the Interval Certificate in our name and send it to us. You gave us a story that your father died and you were too broken up to take care of it. We have a friend working at the Maui Marriott, and you never had a reservation for us, or yourself for the period we were going. Are you going to pay us our $1700????? I doubt it.

What about the people you scammed out of $50,000 a couple years ago?

Save your breath Marion! The only reason you are posting all this is because you are scared that you are finally going to get what is coming to you.

I have a whole file with names of people, copies of bounced checks you sent, etc.... I have forwarded copis of this to the Orange County police and they should have it in their possession tomorrow.

Jartar83

Julie A.
Aug 04, 2013

Julier83 contact the Federal Trade Commission. They just recently opened a department that deals exclusively with timeshare fraud and they are going after them big time. Marion sounds just like a big bag of wind named BJ Cooke that thousands of people are going after in these forums. You can read the thread in the General Discussion section in a room named Point Rental Liquidators.

BJ Cooke also ranted in the forum about how legit his company was and we fought him all the way warning others not to buy into his scam. His company went out of business and he opened new ones. We are constantly updating the authorities and warning the venues he uses to hold meetings and we have successfully closed down his new operation by having his meetings cancelled by the business owners.

Keep plugging away and make copies of her posts. Remember that anything she posts can and will be used against her. She may delete her posts but you will have a copy and Redweek will always have a copy if it has to be used in court.

Keep the rest of us posted on how how your case is going and good luck shutting down her scam.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Aug 04, 2013 08:15 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.