Timeshare Companies

Resort Property Depot, Inc

Sep 29, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company? They want $586 up front to sell my time share, which they say they do by giving away weekend stays at the resort.

Annette R.
Sep 29, 2010

annetter60 wrote:
Does anyone know anything about this company? They want $586 up front to sell my time share, which they say they do by giving away weekend stays at the resort.

Just remember the rule of thumb that's been emphasized many, many times on these forums: Never pay a large upfront fee to sell your property.

It does not matter what the reseller is called, what it claims it will do for you, or if anyone else has heard of this company before. If it charges a large upfront fee (more than $100), then no ifs, ands, or buts, it's a scam!

Lance C.
Sep 30, 2010

Thank you. That's what I thought!

Annette R.
Sep 30, 2010

annetter60 wrote:
Thank you. That's what I thought!

No problem. Take it from somebody who got scorched by one of these upfront listing fee scams. I just wish i had been as fortunate as you to find this site before I paid through the teeth.

Lance C.
Oct 01, 2010

I too was stung once before, and have filed a claim with the State. A followup on this one: The sales rep called me again to say he "had inquiries" about my property. When I told him I would not pay up front to sell it, he used the f word to tell me that he was just trying to help me! Of course I told him off and hung up. I suspect he must have been drunk. But at least I won't hear from him again!

Annette R.
Oct 01, 2010

annetter60 wrote:
I too was stung once before, and have filed a claim with the State. A followup on this one: The sales rep called me again to say he "had inquiries" about my property. When I told him I would not pay up front to sell it, he used the f word to tell me that he was just trying to help me! Of course I told him off and hung up. I suspect he must have been drunk. But at least I won't hear from him again!

Upfront fee resale scammers can't get any other job but in the scamming (criminal laden) industry .... that's evident. I would definitely report the scammer to the Attorney General in the state the scammer is located, especially about using the f word .... unbelievable.

R P.
Jan 26, 2011

torie3 wrote:
I have previously dealt with 4 other companies in the industry, obviously I was EXTREMELY skeptical about dealing with another. However I somehow found myself paying a fith time with Resort Property Depot. Much to my amazment with in 7 months my representive contacted me with an offer I couldn't refuse. Resort Property Depot is the best company I personaly have dealt with. If you are interested in renting or selling your time share I would STRONGLY reccomend them to ANYONE!!!!!! Tori Edwards.
....And MY strong recommendation is for EVERYONE reading the above fairy tale to take this nonsense with a grain of salt.

After 30 years of experience with the timeshare industry, I've never even HEARD of this company name before. Yet, this shill would nonetheless somehow like you to believe that:

1. "Tori" first paid FOUR other upfront fee companies, then...

2. "Tori" suddenly had "success" with a FIFTH upfront fee company whose name is entirely unknown within the timeshare industry.

I'll be as polite as possible and simply say "Sorry, not credible". I was born early in the morning -- but not YESTERDAY morning. Resort Property Depot indeed. Please, don't insult our intelligence.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 26, 2011 05:39 PM

Jan 27, 2011

torie3 wrote:
I have previously dealt with 4 other companies in the industry, obviously I was EXTREMELY skeptical about dealing with another. However I somehow found myself paying a fith time with Resort Property Depot. Much to my amazment with in 7 months my representive contacted me with an offer I couldn't refuse. Resort Property Depot is the best company I personaly have dealt with. If you are interested in renting or selling your time share I would STRONGLY reccomend them to ANYONE!!!!!! Tori Edwards.

I smell a shill !!!

R P.
Feb 01, 2011

Based on my experience with this company, I wouldn't put it past them to pay someone to write a bogus positive review!

Annette R.
Feb 02, 2011

annetter60 wrote:
Based on my experience with this company, I wouldn't put it past them to pay someone to write a bogus positive review!

Yep, looks like at least 3 shills reporting.

R P.
Feb 02, 2011

From the Resort Property Depot website below .... no, there are no broker fees or commissions ..... they just merely insist on a huge upfront fee to list your timeshare .... ALL they want is the upfront fee then you're history to them:

Q: Do I have to have an appraisal to sell my property? A: No. Resort Property Depot does not require an appraisal of your property prior to sale. Many state laws prohibit the appraisal of a timeshare. Also, there are no broker fees or commissions

R P.
Mar 23, 2011

I used to work for this company. Take it from someone on the inside, ITS A SCAM! The owner and manager Nick Patel and PJ Cooper are scam artists. This is how it works. They buy leads from brokers of people who own timeshares (i have no idea how the brokers get the names) and then the sales reps call them. The rep you speak to on the phone does NOT make an hourly wage, does NOT get paid when the timeshare "sells", he gets paid a 30-35% commission off of the up front fee he charges you. And then the company pockets the rest. They get away with this by putting into the contract that they do not "gaurantee" a timeframe on the sale, and that makes it legal somehow.

But take it from me, RPD does NOT do presentations, the only thing they do is list your timeshare on your cheap no-traffic website. They are liars, crooks and thieves. I worked there less than a month cus the money sounded too good to be true, but once I found out they were a total scam I left. I am keeping my identity to myself for now but please let me know if you have any questions. These people are mostly drug addicts who work at these places cus they can get paid good money on a daily bases in exchange for lying to trusting customers and stealing from them.

John S.
Jul 08, 2011

I so wish I would have read this before I gave them my upfront fee. Soooo frustrated with all these timeshare company scams. I wish I was more into politics so we could push for some kind of law or legislation to be passed so these scams will stop. Just another legal way for a quick get rich sceme. I can truely say... IM DONE with these upfront fees. I dont mind paying a fees but NOT to recieve NOTHING in the end. Just sad and so frustrating!!!! >:-/

Lizzy G.

Last edited by lizzyg on Jul 08, 2011 11:39 AM

Jul 18, 2012

Thank you for the information provided to help consumers from being ripped off by these companies. I have been burned twice, and approached a third time by RPD. The sales reps are so good, they could sell ice to Eskimos. I had seriously considered borrowing money to pay the fee, and decided to do the research first. Thanks again for all your helpful tips. Marie

Gladys M.
Apr 17, 2013

i have found that the ignorance lies w timeshare owner for wanting to be lied to & not reading the very specific paperwork & audio verification that is in layman language. no matter what the product consumers need to read & listen as talk is cheap. Rarely does a product get sold unless the salesman blows smoke up the buyers skirt. if it sounds too good to be true don't do business. as far as marketing & advertising goes you pay a newspaper or magazine up front to run your ad no matter if anyone calls you about the item or not. you don't get a refund & rarely call it a scam. nobody can sell what you own but you. owners need to start dealing w people that tell them the truth even if it's not what they want to hear & you wouldn't feel ripped off. you bought the vacation (not property) on impulse which was a mistake to begin with. wake up people stop complaining & get a life. have a great day.

Nancy D.
Apr 17, 2013

sounds to me you are a disgruntled employee who got fired for being a drug addict or a drunk. or for telling customers there was a buyer waiting or check in the mail.

Nancy D.
May 01, 2013

DON"T send ANY money.!!!!! Checkout the following site resortpropertdepot/complaints. Good Luck. Joe

Joseph B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.