Timeshare Companies

Properties Exchange, Inc. / Epic Adventure

Sep 30, 2014

Has anyone had any dealings with them. They claim they will take over the title of our Timeshare and in return provide membership in Epic Adventure Getaways that provides resort weeks, short notice Hot Weeks, cruises, travel benefits, tour discounts, and the ability to transfer benecits upnto four families. Of course, you still have to pay title search and closing costs but that's kind of like death and taxes, you can't get away from it! Hope it's not another scam. Would like to get out from under this timeshare!

Sean B.
Oct 01, 2014

Never heard of this outfit .... but travel clubs where you supposedly trade in your timeshare to join are notorious for being scams. I would suggest you try to give your timeshare away at Redweek's Bargain Sales and you pay closing fees.

R P.
Oct 01, 2014

seanb136 wrote:
Epic Adventure Getaways that provides resort weeks, short notice Hot Weeks, cruises, travel benefits, tour discounts, and the ability to transfer benecits upnto four families.

Many of these travel clubs are not worth the ink with which they're written. These "discounts" they offer can usually, if not always, be found elsewhere (free travel websites like Expedia, Travelocity, or even here on RedWeek). So I would treat the value of this club as zero.

So now the big questions are How much do they charge to "take over the title of [your] Timeshare"? Do they actually sign a new deed or do they just get you to sign a Power of Attorney?

Lance C.
Oct 01, 2014

seanb136 wrote:
Has anyone had any dealings with them. They claim they will take over the title of our Timeshare and in return provide membership in Epic Adventure Getaways that provides resort weeks, short notice Hot Weeks, cruises, travel benefits, tour discounts, and the ability to transfer benecits upnto four families. Of course, you still have to pay title search and closing costs but that's kind of like death and taxes, you can't get away from it! Hope it's not another scam. Would like to get out from under this timeshare!

The title search and the closing costs are the scam. They just want your upfront money and then they disappear. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare. What do you know about this company ? Anyone can create a website and rent a drop box. Once they get enough money from their victims they close up shop and change to a different name and start all over.

Go through the threads in the forums and you will find hundreds of victims to these scams warning you not to throw your hard earned money away on them. Like Jayjay stated give it away for a bargain price and sleep better at night. I gave away two timeshares through deed backs and now I have a large saving account because I don't have maintenance fees to pay that go up every year.

Don't be the next victim that comes in here telling us how you got ripped off by this scam. Use only a licensed real estate if you are selling your timeshare. Contact your home resort and see if they will take it back from you. You might just be surprised how easy it is if they agree.

Don P.
Oct 02, 2014

Over the years have tried to sell with no luck and figured this was another case of "too good to be true"! That's the reason I broached the question to the site. Still looking at a reputable solution to sell my T/S. Will start at the Resort and move on from there if they're no help. Thanks!

Sean B.
Oct 02, 2014

From the sound of your story, it is likely your timeshares worth $0. Selling may not be an option. You may need to give it away and you may even have to play closing costs and a year's usage. It may not be that bad. Redeemed has a section for giveaways although I believe the fee is the same as advertising a sale. TUG has a free giveaway section.

What specifically do you own? Do you see any comparables on redeem or ebay's completed sales? Remember Redweek's prices are only asking prices and many are not realistic.

Buying a TS is easy getting rid of a worthless one is hard.

Tracey S.
Nov 12, 2014

my mother transferred her timeshare threw these folks . she was out within 2 mths . and the travel club was free . I can go on vacations at timeshare resorts from 300 to 800 for a week from 75 percent of the resorts out there . all other travel I save 10 to 20 percent

Tim H.
May 26, 2015

We were scammed by Property Exchanges. We were told to pay $3000.00 and they would take over our timeshare membership. We paid the amount due by Dec 2014 and nothing has been done. The contact information I was given was no good.

Kay A.
Dec 07, 2015

We also were scammed by Properties Exchange, Inc. We met a Tim Hatcher (Properties Exchange Sales Manager) on Jan.10, 2015 to process the removal of our ownership and transfer the title through a title company called Timeshare Transfers to a Colorado Limited Liability company called West Coast Capital and we also received a complmentary travel membership with Epic Adventure Getaways. It is now 11 months later and we are still owners of said timeshare because these companies have done nothing they were contracted to do nor have they refunded the $3000 that was paid to them.

William B.
Dec 29, 2015

Hi William,

My mother (Tennessee resident) was scammed by "Timeshare Transfers, LLC" as well. Her timeshare is located in Florida (where I reside and own a mortgage company) and they collected $1695 upfront (which is illegal in Florida) to transfer her timeshare. They recorded a Deed, however, the HOA did not accept the transfer because they would never provide information required to verify the buyer. I am not sure where your timeshare is located, but Florida has specific statutes pertaining to timeshare resale and they have violated several of them. I contacted DBPR (Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation), and they are not licensed to do business in Florida, nor do they have a Realtor or mortgage broker licence, which is also a requirement when dealing with timeshare resale. My mom thankfully paid with American Express and will hopefully get her money back through that avenue, however, I am taking the initiative to report them to every agency available. I would advise you to do the same...it is time consuming, but you may get your money back and help other people from falling victim. Please reply if you would like to know which agencies to report to...if your transfer was anything like my mom's, they are in clear violation of the Dodd Frank Act which is regulated by the federal government. I hope this is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Holly W.
Dec 29, 2015

Hi,

My mother (Tennessee resident) was scammed by "Timeshare Transfers, LLC" which appears to be a spin-off of Properties Exchange. Her timeshare is located in Florida (where I reside and own a mortgage company) and they collected $1695 upfront (which is illegal in Florida) to transfer her timeshare. They recorded a Deed, however, the HOA did not accept the transfer because they would never provide information required to verify the buyer. I am not sure where your timeshare is located, but Florida has specific statutes pertaining to timeshare resale and they have violated several of them. I contacted DBPR (Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation), and they are not licensed to do business in Florida, nor do they have a Realtor or mortgage broker licence, which is also a requirement when dealing with timeshare resale. My mom thankfully paid with American Express and will hopefully get her money back through that avenue, however, I am taking the initiative to report them to every agency available. I would advise you to do the same...it is time consuming, but you may get your money back and help other people from falling victim. Please reply if you would like to know which agencies to report to...if your transfer was anything like my mom's, they are in clear violation of the Dodd Frank Act which is regulated by the federal government. I hope this is helpful and I wish you the best of luck.

Holly W.
Jan 30, 2016

Unfortunately my husband and I went and in order to get closing costs, resort transfer fee, and title fees we had to pay $1995. Which I put on my credit card because we could not continue to pay the maintenance fees and never heard back and received maintenance fee again. I have called Tim Hatcher he said he would look into it, been almost another year and resort wants their money and i reach Mr Hatchers voicemail and he never returns my phone call.

Bertha N.
Jan 30, 2016

Same here. What did you end up doing?

Bertha N.
Jan 30, 2016

File a complaint with the Attorney General in the state where you live and in the state that they claim they are doing business out of. The more complaints filed the better the chance of getting these scammers brought to justice. Also file a complaint with the fraud department of the credit card you used. They can bar them from doing business in the future.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jan 30, 2016 02:05 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.