Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone dealt with Resorts Nationwide Inc to rent their property

Feb 11, 2010

I was contacted by Resorts Nationwide Inc to rent my bonus weeks at vacation village parkway Kissimmee Fl They are a marketing company and want an up front fee Supposedly they work with the Orlando Convention Center and help with corporate bookings Anyone? jbruno83

Jeff B.
Apr 12, 2010

Have you received any information regarding this company? They also approached me wanting $1500 for advertising to rent and potentially sell my time share points. I'm skeptical.

Sam G.
Apr 12, 2010

Which part of do not deal with upfront companies don't you timeshare owners understand! It is the most talked about postings on ALL timeshare forums.

These companies make their money off owners that keep falling for this bull. If they can rent your timeshare out then let them take their profit after rental made and then they can take their fee from the money paid.With how little many owners now rent for why would any owner pay a middle man or company to rent for them anyway!

With all the talk on these forums of these sleeze bags its hard to believe anyone still thinks it is worth it to give their money away. Some of these owners can't wait to just give their money away to some scam. Most of these post are now started by company shill's with most postings asking or giving good reviews also are company shill's!

Upfront is a scam in 99% of the time no matter what these people call their company this week.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jan 18, 2011 10:35 AM

May 19, 2010

I was also contacted by Resorts Nationwide, thank goodness I did not have the $1570, they wanted up front. I guess the old saying holds true, "If it sounds too good to be true, then it is!!" On another note, don't every by anything from affordable powertrain.com, They took for almost $1,000.

Veronica Y.
Jul 01, 2010

I would not -- too good to be true probably is.

Paula C.
Jul 02, 2010

All large upfront fee companies are scams.

R P.
Aug 29, 2010

complete rip-off. They claimed to be part of Starwood and pretended to be surprised that no-one had called us earlier. We ended up paying a joining fee of nearly $2000 on the pretence that they had buyers lined up to buy for our 'weeks'. They told us we would make our money back by the end of the month. Four months later we are still waiting for them. Its a complete fraud. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. WE MADE THE MISTAKE AND I HOPE NO-ONE ELSE MAKES IT. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!!

Bev W.
Aug 29, 2010

these people are a bunch of fraudsters. please do not give them any money

Bev W.
Aug 30, 2010

Please go to www.ltrba.com and click on file a complaint. You may get your money back. File a complaint in Florida, the State you live in and the state the timeshare is in. This link will give you a link to the BBB and Attorney Generals in every state.

Judi Kozlowski - Re/Max P.
Jan 13, 2011

yes I used to work for them and they scam people and they also sexually harrass their employees and use false names. They hide behind advertising and for now they are getting away with it but soon they will be caugh up with. they used to be located in longwood fl and they moved to mt. dora and changed their name from resort international unlimited to theis resorts nationwide. The owners name is steven and he does nothing but scam and lie to his customers that he takes advantage of. He also has a person by the name of anita that works there and she is a scam as well. If you know what is good for you you will contact the senator in the state of florida and report this activity because the bbb will do nothing about it. I am so sorry that these people take advantage of good people. Oh and they also say that they do something with the orange county convention center and no they do not my girl friend works there and she said that they do nothing with them that this happens all the time with these people. I no longer work there because they are very hositile people very un professional and have problems with drugs and alcohol and it's a wonder that someone hasn't reported them if someone has please let me know

Amy B.

Last edited by nancyb578 on Jan 13, 2011 09:31 PM

Jan 14, 2011

I was received a message from them and I called them back and was considering buying more timeshares because they told me that they could rent my timeshare plus my get away weeks for $1800 to 2200 per week. I thought this could be my way to make money and not have to work,but obviously it was too good to be true.

Linda S.
Jan 16, 2011

Resorts Nationwide would look more professional if they could learn how to spell the state of Nevada.

http://www.resortsnationwideinc.com/propertyList.asp?Location=Navada

Marty F
Jan 18, 2011

It is a complete rip-off! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!! We were scammed out of a lot of money. They told us that they would be able to rent out our timeshare at the beginning of January. They will take your money and not follow through. You will never here from them again.

I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General in Florida. If you were scammed by this company, please do the same thing so the Attorney General can shut them down!

Shelly M.
Apr 21, 2011

This company was served by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services on 4/20/2011. They are now under investigation. The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services has jurisdiction over this area and are handling this case.

If you have been ripped off by this company, like we were last year, justice is around the corner! This is what you need to do!

File a complaint with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

www.freshfromflorida.com Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Consumer Complaint Form Section Online Form

Fill it out! I was told by this agency that they are going after Resorts Nationwide to refund people who have been ripped off. So you need to file a complaint to get your money back! Good luck!

Shelly M.
Aug 31, 2011

Yes. I was stupid enough to give them $1800 for NOTHING. I have heard nothing since. No rental. Nothing. It is a total rip-off and I would run away as fast as possible.

Deborah S.
Jan 12, 2012

its a con. Trying to get my money back,but now unable to contact them.

David S.
Mar 17, 2012

I did give them money a lot and have got nothing back they are very clever at what they do even sent a membership number card etc Do you know if there is anything we can do?

Gary B.
Mar 18, 2012

Contact the attorney general in the state the scammers are located and file a complaint .... in most cases you can do this online ..... google for contact info.

R P.
Mar 28, 2012

I did get caught with this scheme from Resort Nationwide Inc. However, I did file a report with the Florida Department of Agriculture and to my astonishment, I received a full refund from the company. So for anyone going through the same nonsense I went through, don't give up the fight. This company needs to be stopped and I can gladly say that I got the last laugh.

Kevon S.
Apr 17, 2012

Yes,

Just walk away from them. They will take your money and you won't hear anything from them. We got taken back in Nov.2011 and to this day 4/17 have heard nothing. The person who sold us the bill of goods cannot be reached. Several times I have requested to speak with him and someone else always returns the call.They will tell you what you what to hear concerning someone interested in renting your property but not so.

Linda B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.