Point Systems

Anyone heard of Point Potential, a Wyndham timeshare ownership management company?

Jul 27, 2011

They promise to show you how to never have to pay maintenence fees again. Is that possible? http://pointpotential.net/index.html

Dawn B.
Jul 28, 2011

dawnb204 wrote:
They promise to show you how to never have to pay maintenence fees again. Is that possible?
In a single word --- NO. It's quite obviously NOT possible.

Also, just as a relevant point of information, there is NO company by this name which manages (or is in ANY other way remotely affiliated with) ANY Wyndham property.

This is obviously just some angle to take your money. Please remember that there are no "victims", only "volunteers". So....DON'T VOLUNTEER!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 29, 2011 04:28 AM

Jul 29, 2011

There actually is a company called Point Potential and they are helping many Wyndham owners to rent out their points and thus reduce or alleviate their maintenance fees. They don't manage nor are they affiliated with Wyndham in any way.

Randy T.

Last edited by astephens on Jul 31, 2011 02:00 PM

Jul 30, 2011

randy669 wrote:
There actually is a company called Point Potential and they are helping many Wyndham owners to rent out their points and thus reduce or alleviate their maintenance fees. They don't manage nor are they affiliated with Wyndham in any way.
Wyndham has overtly and very specifically PROHIBITED the transfer of points among Wyndham members since March, 2009 (2+ years ago now). Accordingly, this scam outfit **CANNOT POSSIBLY** "help Wyndham owners to rent out their points", since the very practice itself is clearly and specifically PROHIBITED by Wyndham itself.

Nice try at placing a free ad though, shill. However, Don't be too surprised if your attempt to advertise yourself gets promptly deleted by a RedWeek moderator...

KC

Last edited by astephens on Jul 31, 2011 02:01 PM

Jul 31, 2011

Well, I guess my question has been answered. They almost suckered me in but I'm glad I started asking questions before they did. It does disturb me however that Whydham has shared my personal information with all these scam artists. I guess there is no such thing as "privacy" in this world anymore. Hey Randy if you work for PointPotential like I think you do, let Stephanie who has been calling me repeatly know that I'm not interested and not to call me again....or my husband.

Dawn B.
Aug 01, 2011

dawnb204 wrote:
Well, I guess my question has been answered. They almost suckered me in but I'm glad I started asking questions before they did. It does disturb me however that Whydham has shared my personal information with all these scam artists. I guess there is no such thing as "privacy" in this world anymore....
Congratulations on not "volunteering". Well done....

In all fairness, I don't think that you should necessarily assume that Wyndham ever released your personal information. After all, it would clearly be against Wyndham's own best interests to "leak" owner info out to ANY scam company, thereby potentially injuring the corporate name through "guilt by association".

There are actually many different avenues and ways by which your personal contact information could have been obtained. Frankly, I would be very surprised if Wyndham ever knowngly or willfully authorized (or conducted) the actual release of your personal information to anyone outside Wyndham. That said, there is always the possibility of a lone, rogue employee within virtually ANY company selling member info "on the side", without the knowledge (or authorization) of the parent company itself. Personally, I firmly believe that just such "unauthorized leaks" have indeed occurred many times within RCI, just to cite one specific, comparative example.

KC
Aug 05, 2011

As a matter of fact, I do not work for Point Potential and don't appreciate being called a "Shill". I am not being paid by Point Potential nor am I in the time share business! I am using Point Potential to help me rent my unused weeks, nothing more. I have been happy with their performance so far, and I hope I'm not disappointed in the future - we'll wait and see. I don't know any Stephanie at Point Potential, but my son's girlfriend here in Tucson is named Stephanie....please refrain from the name calling and of course do your own due diligence! Perhaps Wyndham in its Privacy Policy has the option to sell your information - I don't know! There are a lot of scam companies out there! Be careful!

Randy T.
Aug 06, 2011

randy669 wrote:
I am using Point Potential to help me rent.....I have been happy with their performance so far, and I hope I'm not disappointed in the future - we'll wait and see.
In a PREVIOUS post (on July 29; see above), you made clear and specific referece to Point Potential "helping many Wyndham owners to rent out their points".

Whether you are actually a shill for Point Potential matters not. The simple fact remains that since March, 2009, Wyndham has overtly, clearly and specifically PROHIBITED the renting or transfer of Wyndham points by Wyndham owners. Period, amen.

I'm glad that you're "happy", but the facts are still the facts...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 06, 2011 05:48 AM

Aug 06, 2011

Okay Ken1193,

You win! But, I still take offense at your language of calling me a shill. I guess I misspoke, when I referenced renting "out their points". I meant to say helping me to rent out my time which I use points to reserve. So does the Wyndham language prohibit owners from using eBay, forums like this, or CraigsList to rent out their weeks? I'm sure you would never try that, right?

Time to cut down on the caffeine, and use the energy for something that really matters, like getting some sanity in D.C. and mourning the loss of our brave warriors in Afghanistan.

Randy T.
Aug 08, 2011

randy669 wrote:
....when I referenced renting "out their points" I meant to say helping me to rent out my time which I use points to reserve.
Assuming that you "said what you meant and meant what you said" was apparently a mistake on my part. My only goal in responding at all was simply to address the inaccuracy of your original statement and to instead get the actual facts straight.

Renting out weeks reserved with owned points is always ANY owner's right, within the Wyndham system or elsewhere. However, that is a distinctly and entirely DIFFERENT situation from "renting out Wyndham points" (...which is exactly what you very clearly stated originally --- but you changed your story since then).

The bottom line simple fact remains that Wyndham does not allow the direct rental (or even a free transfer) of Wyndham points.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 13, 2011 04:24 AM

Aug 18, 2011

Ken, my name is John Ellis. I am the rental manager at Point Potential. I am not here to plug our company, I am simply offering you the chance to educate your self about our company and what it is we do. First of all I would like to thank Randy for sticking up for us; he is very aware of what we do for our clients as he is one.(certainly not a shill). As for you Ken, feel free to ask me anything you would like about us. We have two offices in Irvine, CA. These offices have real people (good, hardworking people), real phones, computers, desks, etc. Come visit us in person, see who we are and see first hand the nuts and bolts of our operation. Again, you are personally invited to come meet us. I will share with you and everyone else what we do. It is not rocket science, but it is labor intensive. There are no smoke and mirrors or trap doors; it is what it is. Again, this is not an advertisement, but a request that you do some due diligence prior to making blanket statements about us. You do not know us nor do you know what we do. I can tell you this, I have 100% (not 99%) owner-client satisfaction and that is a fact.

John E.
Aug 18, 2011

johne499 wrote:
...feel free to ask me anything you would like about us...
John:

No offense intended, but I couldn't care less what you do or how you do it, since I no longer own within the Wyndham system anyhow (having given away my one and only Wyndham ownership several months ago).

My ONLY point or purpose in responding to Randy at all in the first place was to challenge and to correct his obviously inaccurate statement regarding an (impossible and inaccurate) assertion of "renting out Wyndham points". It is an indisputable fact that Wyndham has overtly and specifically PROHIBITED the transfer of points (even for FREE) among Wyndham owners since March, 2009. I should perhaps have not prematurely labelled Randy a "shill" and I regret having done so if I was mistaken, but the underlying facts remain completely unchanged, regardless. Wyndham Points cannot be directly rented out or transferred. Period, amen.

If you have some sort of business model in which weeks get reserved with Wyndham points (and those reserved weeks are then subsequently rented out on behalf of Wyndham points owners), best of luck to you and to your clients. None of that in any way changes the indisputable fact (and my original "point" --- no pun intended) that Wyndham points themselves simply cannot be directly "rented out", contrary to Randy's erroneous initial statement on the subject.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 18, 2011 04:03 PM

Aug 18, 2011

Well Ken.......

Doug W.
Aug 18, 2011

dougw113 wrote:
Well Ken.......
Well WHAT, Doug?

Do you have a question to ask, or a comment to make, or anything substantive or meaningful to contribute to this discussion? A two word reply isn't really much to go on...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 20, 2011 08:06 AM

Aug 19, 2011

Well Ken

I joined redweek 2 weeks ago thinking that if I had a question that I would be able to ask it without some jerk jumping all over me. It seems like there is always one out there. Do u thing that they will give me back my money?

Doug

No need to reply. I will not be back on.

Doug W.
Aug 20, 2011

dougw113 wrote:
Do u thing that they will give me back my money?
Since THEY apparently have your money, ask THEM!

It doesn't matter what I think about your prospects for a refund --- I'm not the one to whom you apparently gave your money...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 20, 2011 08:10 AM

Aug 21, 2011

ken1193 wrote:
dawnb204 wrote:
They promise to show you how to never have to pay maintenence fees again. Is that possible?

Also, just as a relevant point of information, there is NO company by this name which manages (or is in ANY other way remotely affiliated with) ANY Wyndham property.

This is obviously just some angle to take your money. Please remember that there are no "victims", only "volunteers". So....DON'T VOLUNTEER!

Ken,

How can you say it is not possible. Again, you sound intelligent, why would you stupidly say that something I do every day, day in and day out, is impossible. She also didn't say that we manage Wyndham properties, she said we manage their ownership. As much as you are a stickler for words you certainly noticed that.

Again, you may not care about what we do or who we are, but I am sure you want to disseminate accurate information. Therefore, if you want to discuss anything about who we are or what we do, I suggest you educate yourself. Because of your ignorance, you may have steered Dawn away from a great service which would have benefited her greatly.

I do not mean to be ugly, but I work hard at my job and take it very seriously. To have you, without knowing, say that what we do is impossible, is a slap in the face.

John E.
Aug 21, 2011

ken1193 wrote:
dawnb204 wrote:

The angle Point Potential uses to take your money...

Contacted by Point Potential and based on the promise of no-up front fees and eliminating maintenance fees, agreed to attend their presentation. They say they can convert your points into rental income. However, there is a catch. The catch is you have to buy more points from them. If you don't buy more points, they won't do the rental for you. We have plenty of extra points we’re not using so we're certainly not to going to buy more. They take 35% of the rental income. If the Point Potential rental program is all they say it is, then why the requirement to buy points? And why haven't the people from Point Potential posting here and their supposed customers, mentioned the requirement to buy points? Looks like an attempt to disguise an up-front fee scheme.

Ken, keep up the good work.

Rob W.

Last edited by robw116 on Aug 21, 2011 05:48 PM

Aug 21, 2011

I just wanted to say thank you to ALL of you that took the time to add your messages to my posted question. However, It saddens me that people who don't even know each other could say such strong negitive words to one another. But I know that this is the world we live in and this is the world we will all die in.

Dawn B.
Aug 22, 2011

robw116 wrote:
ken1193 wrote:
dawnb204 wrote:

The angle Point Potential uses to take your money...

Contacted by Point Potential and based on the promise of no-up front fees and eliminating maintenance fees, agreed to attend their presentation. They say they can convert your points into rental income. However, there is a catch. The catch is you have to buy more points from them. If you don't buy more points, they won't do the rental for you. We have plenty of extra points we’re not using so we're certainly not to going to buy more. They take 35% of the rental income. If the Point Potential rental program is all they say it is, then why the requirement to buy points? And why haven't the people from Point Potential posting here and their supposed customers, mentioned the requirement to buy points? Looks like an attempt to disguise an up-front fee scheme.

Ken, keep up the good work.

Well, John Ellis, this new input speaks for itself --- loud and clear. There is no input more credible than input from a prospective customer who (unlike me) has personally attended and experienced first hand the Point Potential "razzamatazz" for themselves.

It seems, Mr. Ellis, that you have chosen to conveniently avoid some important pertinent facts and details about your "program"; one which sounds a whole lot less palatable with each passing day.

You can continue to try to blow my candle out --- but doing so certainly won't make yours burn any brighter. Trying to make the discussion and analysis "personal" also doesn't in any way alter the fact that your "program", in my own view, is just a bunch of crap. Others here are, of course, ALWAYS free to formulate THEIR OWN opinions and make THEIR OWN decisions.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 22, 2011 05:52 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.