Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Harborside at Atlantis Phase1 Owners Facebook Group

Aug 18, 2011

Owners join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2371...7106972993917/

Paul L.
Oct 12, 2011

Hi, I have owned a 1 bedroom premium at Harborside for the past 3 years. I would love to hear from others regarding the timeshare.

Ann V.
Nov 16, 2011

Hi, I have also owned a phase 1premium for 3 years. I paid top dollar for mine . I have not been to happy. Too many promises by Atlantis sales people. Promises that are not coming through.

Ann V.
Nov 16, 2011

Please join the facebook group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/237106972993917/

Hopefully one day we can get a sufficient number of owners together to make a difference.

Paul L.
Dec 26, 2011

Hi, I am a Harborside at Atlantis Phase 2 Owner. here's our issue(s)

Since 2004 our MF have risen from $1800 (I own a three bedroom lock off) to $3150. It is clear that the Directors of our Association are doing what is good for Starwood and Kerzner (developer). One director works for SW and the other works for Kerzner.

The collective management fees for Harborside II now exceed $3.2 million a year. The total HOA fees are close to $20 million a year...

As an example of the sheer audacity of these guys... the fees paid to Paradise Island Tourism Development Association at $52,475 are for a website owned by a third party marketing company. It does nothing except promote all Atlantis/Kerzner related properties and take reservations. Harborside is promoted among the other Atlantis properties, say 12% of the site. ...the company has no google ads (no costs), does not purchase any keywords.

So ...Who benefits by this gargantuan yearly fee?

All the uncollected HOA fees, which are about $1 million are charged back to us fractional owners. If a unit is foreclosed upon, when are they actually sold? No accounting...If sold, are some of the proceeds used to make the HOA whole again for that fractional share's unpaid fees ..I think NOT. No accounting for any of this.

Any inquiry as to the nature of the costs, if services are being bid out, or inquiries about what is actually delivered is met with stonewalling or deflections.

Am speaking with a few lawyers about a class action suit against the Association as they have breached their fiduciary duty to the fractional owners. I would say HR 1 could benefit by coming on board.

Any information or enlightenment you can share with us would be appreciated.

Feel free to call and discuss

Henry Siegel 323.680.5411

Henry S.
Dec 27, 2011

Hi We own two bedroom lock off unit. The maintinance fee is doubled .Unless you use it ,it is hard to rent.Not very happy. All the owners should get together and find a solution.

Usha G.
Feb 21, 2012

We have been owners since 2006 and we agree about the rising costs of the maintenance fees. I would love to get more information about what we can do about this. please email me at lengmozo@yahoo.com. Really appreciate it.

Lorenza M.

Last edited by lorenzam on Feb 21, 2012 04:30 PM

Jul 25, 2012

Hi, I tried to go to the Facebook Group but nothing came up. Am I doing something wrong??? thx

Ann V.
Nov 13, 2012

we are owners at Harborside and would like to join this forum. Is it still active? thank you Scott and Sue Menter

Sue M.
Nov 13, 2012

HI,

We just saw your post. we also are not happy with the huge increase in fees with seemingly no end in site. Is there anything we can do? thank you, Scott and Sue Menter

Sue M.
Nov 14, 2012

Yes, facebook group still active.

www.facebook.com/groups/237106972993917

Paul L.
Dec 30, 2012

Hi,we are phase 1 and 2 owners...we do not understand why Harborside does not have a rental program! The other Starwood timeshares offer that to it's owners. For the past 3 years we haven't used our Presidents week unit because of high airfares, this year it's because of Hurricane Sandy.If we don't turn it in for points or do not get a renter, why does Harborside or the Atlantis get to rent it for a huge fee? Why aren't we compensated for letting them use our units? We need to do something about this place and the huge maintenance to which we are finding harder and harder to pay! Also the place is not what it used to be,,,let's ban together and change their shady policies to better suit our needs...THE OWNERS! Dolores Ferraro

Dolores F.
Dec 30, 2012

How can we work together to get things to improve? We cannot afford these annual fees, either. Do you have some ideas?

Thank you, Scott and Sue Menter

Sue M.
Jan 09, 2013

Hi, We would like to join you on this effort.

Our names are Sue and Scott Menter. Will you please email me at suementer@comcast.net ? thank you, Sue Menter

frederickf14 wrote:
Hi,we are phase 1 and 2 owners...we do not understand why Harborside does not have a rental program! The other Starwood timeshares offer that to it's owners. For the past 3 years we haven't used our Presidents week unit because of high airfares, this year it's because of Hurricane Sandy.If we don't turn it in for points or do not get a renter, why does Harborside or the Atlantis get to rent it for a huge fee? Why aren't we compensated for letting them use our units? We need to do something about this place and the huge maintenance to which we are finding harder and harder to pay! Also the place is not what it used to be,,,let's ban together and change their shady policies to better suit our needs...THE OWNERS! Dolores Ferraro

Sue M.
Feb 16, 2013

Hi there,

We too are owners in Phase II of a 3-bedroom lockoff and our Maintenance fees have jumped up sky high from 1800 to at present 3150.

My husband and I totally agree something needs to be done about this. We have heard through another owner of Phase I that they are making us make up for all the foreclosures.

That's outrageous! - whatever you can do we are all for it! I am glad we did go on this site for the first time.

We are doing a family vacation in June and wanted to check out if it was worth going on the food plan and I came across some statements about the maintenance fees and had my husband read your statement - whatever we can do let us know - Mr. and Mrs. G. B owners

Jeanette B.

Last edited by jeanetteb32 on Feb 16, 2013 04:53 AM

Jun 23, 2013

A little late in this discussion by a few months... but should add the owner rental program at Starwood's Sheraton Vistana Resort was also shut down. Just as well. They were keeping 50% of the owner rental and they seemed more motivated to bypass the owner and rent direct. We tried it once. At the last minute they contacted us to say they were unable to rent our week and we needed to bank it with RCI, which apparently killed the "trading power" of our deposit when we tried to use it. We were also hit with a major refurb assessment a few years back and a lot of owners walked away. They make the remaining owners pitch-in to cover their losses. We used to rent our Star Options through other Starwood resorts on our own. (Their rep's. even suggested it) but now it appears they prohibit us from renting our ownership outside of our home resort and assigned week.

Bruce Z.
Apr 29, 2014

Just saw your message. Has anything or could anything be done about theses excessive fees? Thank you! Gary D.

Gary D.
Oct 01, 2014

We have owned our Harborside Unit for 14 years. Always loved going but the last year we were very disappointed. They refurbished our unit after 14 years, we were told they would be refurbished every 5 years. The kitchen & bathroom remain the same, the furnishing are poor quality & boring colors. Knew something was different even the staff was not as accommodating as in the past & Atlantis has been SOLD!! So far I don't see it for the better. YES, & fees are out of control.

Geri M.
Oct 07, 2014

Hi, We are booked to go to Harborside in two weeks and are wondering if you have ever used the dining plan? $89. per person per day seems very high. Also, do you have any advise as to which section has the newer rooms so I can request that section when we check in? Thanks.

dkain
Oct 07, 2014

The way we have learned to do Atlantis inexpensive- we make breakfast in the room, lunch pool side and dinner at one of the Resturants either on the grounds or outside Atlantis. There is a grocery service at Atlantis where you can put your order in and it hopefully will be there when you arrive. Or right outside of Atlantis is a grocery store which is walkable . Anthony's Resturant is a local place with pretty good food and a great happy hour and right behind that is the grocery & liquor store. Drinks are not included in the meal plans & our very expensive. We have our drinks in the room. It is very peaceful and beautiful at Atlantis. We have been going there for the last 20 years. Hope you enjoy it.

Geri M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.