The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Apr 30, 2020

I have sent a letter this week to a top NYC official outlining the issues we have with TMC as it relates to the coronavirus pandemic in NYC. The lack of directives and caring for our interests.

Leonard H.
Apr 30, 2020

leonard,

i hope your letter went to a very high-ranking nyc official.

during a less devastating occurrence, (a major hurricane) at an earlier time, i had to cancel my reservation after the deadline because i couldn't drive out of my suburban street. trees fell all over the roads and railroad tracks. many nyc streets were closed. TMC initially said i lost my time. the nyc mayor, at that time, said otherwise. you (we) have an excellent chance of rolling over our reservation time suitable to the requirements of this COVID-19 PANDEMIC.

leonardh59 wrote:
I have sent a letter this week to a top NYC official outlining the issues we have with TMC as it relates to the coronavirus pandemic in NYC. The lack of directives and caring for our interests.

Chris V.
Apr 30, 2020

Chris V The top NYC official that I sent my letter to this week is.....Mayor Bill De Blasio

Leonard H.
Apr 30, 2020

len,

that's the person i hoped you contacted. at the time of the hurricane (sandy) when i had to cancel my TMC reservation, they wouldn't honor my request. mayor bloomberg declared a nyc emergency, and my reservation time was changed to suit the situation. how unconscionable and unreasonable does TMC need to be before they act rationally and with a tad of empathy/sympathy? they go well beyond DISGRACEFUL.

leonardh59 wrote:
Chris V The top NYC official that I sent my letter to this week is.....Mayor Bill De Blasio

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 30, 2020 11:51 AM

Apr 30, 2020

I googled BlueGreen vacations, then locations and nyc, ThecManhattan Club came up complete w photos, reviews. BG has some relationship w Choice Hotels and a sporting goods store , if I remember correctly.

Dru M.
Apr 30, 2020

dru,

i, after the fact, googled bluegreenvacations.com, having first googling bluegreen.com. only choice hotels came up the first time; after the correct site address, i saw the same TMC PHOTOS, et al. however, note on this page that someone spoke with a TMC employee recently and they said that, paraphrasing, the TMC/BLUEGREEN relationship was severed. so more digging might get to the bottom-line answer.

here's the comment:

"Regarding comment about Bluegreen Time Shares buying TMC. A TMC employee advised me two weeks ago that this deal has been terminated. Why has this happened????"

drusillam2 wrote:
I googled BlueGreen vacations, then locations and nyc, ThecManhattan Club came up complete w photos, reviews. BG has some relationship w Choice Hotels and a sporting goods store , if I remember correctly.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Apr 30, 2020 07:27 PM

May 01, 2020

As history as shown us TMC could not care less about its owners and has never in a 100 years done the RIGHT thing. So to think that they would step up now to help out its owners at our time of need is unimaginable. They will continue to line Bruce's pockets with our money until he has enough.

Robert R.
May 01, 2020

hello robert 633,

we have seen world issues, namely this horrendous COVID-19 pandemic, change the line of peoples' thinking toward a more altruistic direction. not TMC. there appears to be a "different" psychological thought process that is unusual and perhaps financially egocentric, but of course, this is speculative albeit apparently actual.

if changing owners' reservation time per cdc and other health guidelines for safety, health, welfare and the prevention of the spread of covid-19, this should be the law. we should all join one of our fellow owners here on redweek.com and report this to mayor diblasio (and governor cuomo) that this request has been initially denied by TMC. (see leonard h's comment, 4/30/20, page 313 of this redweek forum.)

if this issue isn't addressed other than here, among us owners instead of reporting to officials and joining appropriate legal representation,

"They will continue to line Bruce's pockets with our money until he has enough." and............enough is NEVER ENOUGH as we can testify from his former fraudulent actions against us.

this now becomes an issue beyond TMC's proven fraud: they are dismissing and ignoring their fiduciary duty as a BOARD OF DIRECTORS to protect the safety, health and welfare of the owners they represent.

robertr633 wrote:
As history as shown us TMC could not care less about its owners and has never in a 100 years done the RIGHT thing. So to think that they would step up now to help out its owners at our time of need is unimaginable. They will continue to line Bruce's pockets with our money until he has enough.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 01, 2020 08:47 AM

May 01, 2020

I'm sorry your case was dismissed. I'm happy to hear you will be appealing. Good luck.

Tracey K.
May 03, 2020

leonard h,

it would be of value if you would consider sharing the response from mayor diblasio to your communication with him regarding the COVID-19 PANDEMIC and its relationship to TMC reservation time.

thanks.

stay healthy!

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 03, 2020 09:32 AM

May 03, 2020

Chris V

Hi

I will advise applicable information when response is received from Mayor De Blasio

Leonaed H.
May 03, 2020

l,

got it. thanks. this will be interesting, to be sure.

chris

leonaedh wrote:
Chris V

Hi

I will advise applicable information when response is received from Mayor De Blasio

Chris V.
May 05, 2020

l,

if you deem your response from diblasio to be positive and worthwhile, perhaps you could create a form-type letter that we all could use to send to him. he would then have positive proof that there is a great number of us who are in a dire or less than desirable financial situation due to the fraud committed and continuing against us by TMC. i am willing to assist you with this if you wish.

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 05, 2020 07:35 AM

May 05, 2020

Chris V

Your comments are great Let’s see what Mayor DeBlasio’s says.If I do not here from Gracie Mansion in a timely manner I will follow up I bought at TMC in 1998. An original owner. No special attention given. In April cancelled May and June reservations due to pandemic. No 2020 usage. Our year ends in February 2021. Asked reservations if usage could be extended past February. Replied...”no changes yet in reservations and procedures” This is what we are up against. This was addressed in my letter. I would line to hear what the owners experiences have been in 2020 with TMC.

Leonaed H.
May 05, 2020

l,

my reservation timing is a bit different from yours, but i need and requested an extension as well because of the COVID-19 PANDEMIC. i'm convinced that i received the same nonsensical FORM LETTER that you did, with the identical words you quoted.

it appears that, if we're seeking diblasio's (and perhaps even cuomo's) intervention in our plight, we should inundate their respective offices with our individual stories of TMC's disregard of CDC's life and death COVID-19 GUIDELINES. that's precisely the reason i suggested creating an individual FORM LETTER of our own for each owner to send, with room to personalize our specific reservation/COVID-19 issues. i too am an original owner having watched my maintenance fees rise, as you did, to upwards of 450-500%, and this is their way of thanking us for our loyalty: in other words, "screw you, owners,"

additionally and FYI, i had to wait for mayor bloomberg (at the time) to declare a nyc state of emergency because of HURRICANE SANDY before TMC would permit me to cancel a reservation because i wasn't able to travel to nyc from long island because of road and railroad conditions. that's truly the height of greed and insensitivity for which TMC is famous.

i found it hopefully worthwhile to join attny zimmerman's lawsuit to fight TMC to a point of humanity and humaneness, and less esoterically, for financial retribution for the fraud they perpetrated against us owners over the years of ownership.

again FYI, i doubt that you'll hear from diblasio's office "in a timely manner" especially with all that's on his plate at this time. however, our TMC stories reflect the serious COVID-19 issues that TMC is totally disregarding concerning reservation time, so that might be a plus in our favor.

stay healthy and in touch.

chris

leonaedh wrote:
Chris V

Your comments are great Let’s see what Mayor DeBlasio’s says.If I do not here from Gracie Mansion in a timely manner I will follow up I bought at TMC in 1998. An original owner. No special attention given. In April cancelled May and June reservations due to pandemic. No 2020 usage. Our year ends in February 2021. Asked reservations if usage could be extended past February. Replied...”no changes yet in reservations and procedures” This is what we are up against. This was addressed in my letter. I would line to hear what the owners experiences have been in 2020 with TMC.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 05, 2020 12:37 PM

May 05, 2020

It appears lately that comments are only being made by Chris V and Leonard H. Let’s hear from owners as it relates to reservation issues in 2020 and anything else.

Leonaed H.
May 05, 2020

there are others in the position of losing reservation time because of safety, health and welfare issues in place by the CDC/COVID-19 GUIDELINES.

all of us must present a united front and come forward here on redweek.com for any and all unfair and fraudulent treatment by TMC.

however, the present issue of loss of reservation time presented by leonaedh and supported by chrisv hopefully will be responded to by all owners subscribing to this forum at this time. TMC will continue to be victorious in light of the fraud they admitted to committing during legislation by former new york state attorney, eric schneiderman. TMC must now be made to adhere to CDC/COVID-19 GUIDLINES. this is a federal health issue, not a relatively local fraud issue. owners, please respond here and now.

leonaedh wrote:
It appears lately that comments are only being made by Chris V and Leonard H. Let’s hear from owners as it relates to reservation issues in 2020 and anything else.

Chris V.
May 06, 2020

My letter to Mayor De Blasio regarding TMC reservations stated .......”During the current coronavirus crisis TMC management has not issued any guidelines as it relates to social distancing, cleaning procedures, postponing or revising visits and adjustment of economic penalties.......Most TMC owners are at risk seniors.......”

Imagine social distancing in TMC elevators.

Has any owner been to TMC from March to the present? What is it like?

Leonaed H.
May 06, 2020

i would be considered an at-risk owner.

my reservation time expires in mid-august, 2020. i asked for an extension to the end of november, 2020 for health and safety reasons. i received the same lame FORM LETTER as did leonadeh, in effect, NO EXTENSION. i hope they have body bags available in their housekeeping department. i'm sure there are many, many other at-risk owners who would benefit from a reasonable extension to help preserve their health and possibly their lives.

i found nothing on the tmcny.com website indicating COVID-19 GUIDELINES. could they be waiting for people to arrive for a reservation to present this imperative information? is it posted in the lobby, in the rooms, suites or the lounge?

one of their most essential responses would be in regard to cleaning procedures, revision of reservation policies related to COVID-19 and adjustment of monetary penalties regarding reservations........as well as social distancing and the wearing of masks.

part of leonaedh's letter to de blasio stated that, "...TMC management has not issued any guidelines as it relates to social distancing, cleaning procedures, postponing or revising visits and adjustment of economic penalties.......Most TMC owners are at risk seniors.......”

TMC must be making every effort to be sued and/or taken to task by the CDC. perhaps the guidelines are listed elsewhere, but i have not seen them in places like tmcny.com. this could lead to poor management of making and keeping reservations and accommodations.

leonaedh wrote:
My letter to Mayor De Blasio regarding TMC reservations stated .......”During the current coronavirus crisis TMC management has not issued any guidelines as it relates to social distancing, cleaning procedures, postponing or revising visits and adjustment of economic penalties.......Most TMC owners are at risk seniors.......”

Imagine social distancing in TMC elevators.

Has any owner been to TMC from March to the present? What is it like?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on May 06, 2020 08:13 PM

May 06, 2020

Thank you

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Jun 20, 2020 08:05 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.