Timeshare Companies

Property Relief / IAVacations, Sevierville, TN

Sep 07, 2011

For all you buyers that have purchased through IAVacations and seem to be having difficulty (sigh....) with the closing company Property Relief. I will offer this advise.... IAVacations- owner is Stacy Gilliespie and the owner name for Property Relief is Robbie Pickel. Stacy Gillispie runs both these companies but are put into different names (go figure). These 2 men sit one office away from each other. I bet alot of you that have purchased timeshare (s) get quick responses when you are deciding to purchase but when you actual purchase and send the paypal, then you don't really hear much and get a response as quick as you did before.... As you will see on ebay (redweeks4less) belongs to Mr. Gillispie. For past clients you might have spoke to Austin Meredith, Robbie Pickel or Noah Bradford when purchasing. Again all these ppl work out of the same building in Sevierville, TN. I see that ppl stated in previous post that the transaction went through great with IAVacations but the Property Relief is the problem. IAVacations seems to not tell you that your closing company is also owned by the same man. They have different phone numbers in the building that way when a buyer or rental question is ask it goes to the appropriate personnel. The Rental manager is Levi Morse. What I mean by rentals is when they get the files from Timeshare Relief (TR) which is located out of CA. TR is the one that holds the seminars in different states all across the USA. You may also see Timeshare Relief, Transfer on the Spot etc for the seminars) Once the timeshare holder releases their timeshare to (TR) or again Transfer on the spot etc) it goes to Property Relief, then an estopple is done to confirm usage etc. If it's a big package (good resort) or one with a good amount of points) they will put it on ebay to sell (IAVacations) Alltimevacations) if it's a week account or little points they will "rent the 2011 usage"and put on ebay as redweeks4less. Once these files are received from TR, Property Relief immediately puts the Seller as IAVacations. The only problem is that POA's (power of attorney) "are signed by staff @ Property Relief and not the seller, such as notary signatures are not signed by Notary's they are signed by staff. Contracts are placed in bogus names or names of Mr. Gillispie's father, Danny or his mother Jackie Holt Gillispie. Rentals are done the same way, no POA in the file & staff will call up as the "real owner"and make reservations to list on ebay. The timeshare sellers are notified that there account is heading to the closing department and that reservations may be made and placed into an EMPLOYEE NAME of the company for possible seminars held (This company does not hold the seminars, Timeshare Relief out of CA does). IAVacations and Property Relief gives employee's cash $ if they can get 20 estopples done a day so that these accounts can move fast. This company is very misleading and corrupt. Once they have your $ for closing cost, transfer fee's etc. They could care less what happens next. This is a group of young individuals that they hire and get rid of them when they want. They take trips to the Bahama's, Las Vegas, buy new vehicles, homes etc while all the ppl employed their bust their butt to make Mr. Gillispie money. A friend of mine worked for this company and the majority of the employees were cursed at, looked down on, sexual remarks etc. I hope this helps someone that is considering to buy, that this is the "real way" things are handled. I see alot of ppl speaking to the District Attorney & I wish you luck. 888-857-0208 if you wish to call and see who you get transferred to. The human resource manager is Jennifer Pickel, Mr. Robbie Pickel's wife. Thanks and Good luck, I hope this post helps.

Bill W.
Sep 07, 2011

Mr Haggar?..........is that you posting. Lol

Steve P.
Mar 29, 2012

I need to know if this is an issue. I am dealing with alltimevacations right now, but have not begin negotiations on buying a week at a high end resort. Can someone tell me if this is just a bad company... just a bit shady.... or just plain scam?

Steve Y.
Mar 29, 2012

Where did you see this property advertised? E-bay? RedWeek? If you're looking to buy from a company like this (this appears to be a Post Card Company), purchases are usually smooth. However, some Post Card companies have had bad reputations even when selling. It's just not recommended that you use a company like this to "cancel" your timeshare.

Lance C.
Aug 05, 2012

We are continuing to have issues with this crooked company. Has anyone figured out a way to get these people to do their job? They now are threatening to stop the file of our deed transfer if we don't pay more money. We started this process one year ago this month and it still isn't complete.

Barb B.
Aug 05, 2012

It sounds like a scam to me. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to dispose of a timeshare. Once they set the hook they will continue to bleed all the money they can from you. Report them to the attorney general of the state where you live and the state where their office claims to be located. Once they have you on the " sucker list " they will drag out the proceedings claiming over and over agin that they need more money for whatever excuses they come up with. Somewhere down the road you might get contacted by another company claiming they can recover your lost money for yet another upfront fee. It's the scammers again with a new twist. DO NOT SEND ANYMORE MONEY. Cut your loses and report them to the authorities.

Don P.
Aug 05, 2012

barbb124 wrote:
We are continuing to have issues with this crooked company. Has anyone figured out a way to get these people to do their job? They now are threatening to stop the file of our deed transfer if we don't pay more money. We started this process one year ago this month and it still isn't complete.

Are you the buyer of this timeshare in question or did you pay this company to get the timeshare out of your name?

Lance C.
Aug 06, 2012

barbb124 wrote:

You need to file a complaint with the attorney general of TN. You can google contact info and file online.

R P.
Aug 10, 2012

Here is my story: I bought a timeshare for Las vegas and had no issues initially. My mistake was paying what I thought was the first years maint fees directly to this property relief company. They kept my $460 and basically used it to pay off the maint fees for 2010 which was for when I didnt even own it. So I lost out on my $460 and to this day am still trading emails with the company. I then had to pay the real maint fees which were actually $538 but paid it directly to the resort company. They are corupt for sure. I havent had any issues using my timeshare but losing out on that money sucks. yes, I still paid way less than what the resorts charge but it still sucks.

Tacoma Rick
Aug 31, 2012

The DA in Sevierville TN should be kind enough to help you out... he's very familiar with Mr. Stacy Gillespie

Kimberly R.
Aug 31, 2012

Just a heads up everyone. Property Relief closing company located in Sevierville, TN is owned by Stacy Gillespie/Robbie Pickel. They have now opened up "VP TITLE" same office and this company is put under Hope Yoakum's name, she works for him in the closing department. I'm sure she's probably gotten a promotion seeing that she put the company in her name. I'm sure Property Relief will be fading away soon since their new company VP Title has arrived. Mr. Gillespie also has a department in the company called RCI TRAVEL in which their new name is VACATION EXPERTS INTERNATIONAL! - You gotta love it, their "Director of Operations" is his secretary Kelly Williams.

If you will look on ebay under redweeks4less and travel_time_vacation all in which Mr. Stacy Gillespie owns and operates his rental's out of. You see he takes in the transfers, you sign the POA which gives him the right to use your and abuse your account pretty much any way he wants. ..He uses points to rent weeks out on ebay therefore making him more money while your still paying MF's, and sometimes your property still isn't closed in over a year. Travel time vacation has no listing's because both sites have had trouble with their ebay feedback. I also see the redweeks4less is not at 100%... : I hope this helps someone out in the near future.. IAVacations, Property Relief, Vacation Experts International aka Travel RCI are all in ONE, in which Stacy Gillespie (or someone that he has got to put in their name) Have a great day!

Kimberly R.
Sep 25, 2012

Kimberly, you certainly sound like someone who either used to work at the company or was very close to someone formerly employed (or still employed) there. Although I appreciate your candor, what I learned from lurking on Redweek, TUG, and Timeshare Juice is that there are a lot of scams out there, and people should always be very cautious. I have not conducted business with Vacation Experts International or VP Title in Sevierville, Tennessee, however I do have contacts within the Division of Corporations for Tennessee as well as friends within the Sevier/Knox County Governments. I'm going to make some calls and I'll post what I feel is relevant according to the Terms of Service on this site. Stay tuned!

Lawrence G.
Dec 17, 2012

I am finally ready to proceed with suit after 2 years of dealing with them. As stated above, they took my maint fees ($468) at closing and never paid the resort. Luckily that has been my only issue and I have used the resort since without any other issues. You should see the excuses they have...I have about 50 emails of various lies. I can do small claims in general sessions court there in TN so I have sent off one last notice to them. I am planning to sue for about $3,000 to cover all my travel costs. Luckily I have kept all emails form them as well as orange lake resorts basically stating this company took my money. Wish David luck vs Goliath! :)

Tacoma Rick
Dec 17, 2012

I see different addresses for them do you have a list of the different addresses they use?

Tacoma Rick
Aug 25, 2013

Hi Rick; Have you moved your suit forward? I am in the beginning stages of going after principle and associated of Property Relief and the Notary Publics they use for Fraud, Forgery, and Mail Fraud. I'm not sure that a settlement can be collected from the Company(s) that Property Relief has morphed into, but the individuals who forge signatures, and the Notarys Public who affix their seal can be held liable for criminal charges. First step is to file complaint with the District AG, James Dunn. A claim can be filed against the bond of the Notary, if you can show fraudulent signatures on any of your document. In my case, I can prove fraud. What's the status of your case?

John E.
Dec 29, 2014

Hi, I am currently in the middle of a very similar situation as Rick. I would love to hear if you went ahead with your suit and how that turned out. I have purchased numerous timeshare weeks on the realso market and never had a proble until now. As happened with Rick, I was required to pay $1145 in maintenance fees for a Hyatt week. I was told these fees were for my 2015 usage. The previous owner had already reserved their week for 2014 so I wasn't allowed usage of this. In fact, Hope from VP title called and had me contact the resort so that the previous owner would be allowed to keep their 2014 reservation. Since I had been assured that my $1145 covered my 2015 usage, I was fine with that. So, I was quite surprised to receive a billrecently for $1200 for my 2015 usage. I have sent numerous emails to both VP Title and IA Properties (thanks for the info above telling me how intertwined the companies are) I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Tennessee and will certainly call the DA. I have no problem filing a small claims case as well. They have basically told me "not their problem, issue is with IA properties" in light of the information I read in this thread, I find that quite interesting.

If anyone else has had interactions with IA Properties or VP Title, please let me know.

Thanks! Shelley

Shelley C.
Dec 29, 2014

Turns out you had to file all the paperwork in person and couldn't do it online or ahead of time so I got balsy and flew out there and collected my money in person after telling them I would. It was awesome. Did I lose money? Yes, but I was doing some extra traveling at the time and it was fun to show up in person as they claimed not to remember me. Then they tried cutting me a bad check lol. Thinking I wouldn't cash it before leaving town so drove right back over there. The whole thing was fun and I loved holding up my word

Rick

Tacoma Rick

Last edited by rickf103 on Dec 29, 2014 07:11 PM

Jan 05, 2015

I'm a sucker. I fell for their auction hook line and sinker. I paid over $5000 for a Marriott Timeshare and it has become apparent that it will never close and that I am out $5600. I have a claim out with Chase since I paid them with a Chase Visa through PayPal. I hope Chade is not afraid of PayPal and that they reverse the payment to these people.

Timeshare R.
Jan 07, 2015

I feel like a small fish in a huge pond, but I am not going to give up. I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Tennessee and also a complaint with mountains of supporting documents to the Tennessee Atorney Generals office. I have never had an experience like this. All of my other timeshare purchases have gone pretty smoothly. This company is at fault and I have the documents to show it. I would like to post wherever I can that buyers should be aware that VP Title and IA Properties has been so difficuly about this., It may make someone thing twice before purchasing from them. Where do you think the best forum would be for this? Shelley

Shelley C.
Jan 07, 2015

If you belong to Tugbbs.com then you see there is already a thread started about Redweeksforless. If you don't belong join because it'll be the best $15 you ever spent.

shelleyc27 wrote:
I feel like a small fish in a huge pond, but I am not going to give up. I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Tennessee and also a complaint with mountains of supporting documents to the Tennessee Atorney Generals office. I have never had an experience like this. All of my other timeshare purchases have gone pretty smoothly. This company is at fault and I have the documents to show it. I would like to post wherever I can that buyers should be aware that VP Title and IA Properties has been so difficuly about this., It may make someone thing twice before purchasing from them. Where do you think the best forum would be for this? Shelley

Timeshare R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.