The Westin St. John - Virgin Grand Villas

Interested in staying at the Westin St. John Villas

Oct 01, 2011

I am very interested in staying in one of the Westin St. John Villas this coming December, but am a little confused about the property based on conflicting information that I have read. If anyone out there has been there recently, I would greatly appreciate some information. For example, how old are the units? When were the two different phases built? Have their been any renovations? It seems that they are "Bay Vista" units and "Hillside Vista" Units. What is the difference? This site refers to them as the "Virgin Grand Villas" does that encompass both Bay and Hillside? Some places say that each Hillside unit has its own pool while others refer to it as a Semi-private pool

Any information that you are able to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Susan G.
Oct 21, 2011

We were there in June 2011. Lots of rennovations have occured in the hillside units. I believe most, if not all, have water views. There is a little shuttle that drives you around so you do not have to walk up the hill, and the views from the hillside units are spectacular. I personally think there are better views from up there than the lower villas. The private pools by the hillside villas are shared with the other units in that complex but they are small and quiet & a great way to relax with your family. There are gas grills by these smaller pools too. The super large pool down by the beach and restaurant is busier, but really great for the kids.

Maria L.
Oct 22, 2011

Thanks for your help!

Susan G.
Oct 26, 2011

stay at the bay vista units. they are all only a couple of years old and are really nice.short walk to all amenities at hotel.the westin is the best place to stay on st.john i have been going there for years.the other units are far away from main part of hotel.restaurants and beaches around the island are great.make sure you use the westin ferry to get to hotel from st. thomas,it is well worth it compared to a taxi and going all the way to ferry terminal.also book a day trip to the british virgin islands you will have a great day.

Richard T.
Oct 26, 2011

Thanks!

Susan G.
Feb 06, 2012

looking for recommendations to stay w fam of 4 (2kids) during April 1-8th. We like adventure, nature but also some activities f the kids once in a while - not big on the touristy "stuff", cruise ship crowd, tacky store fronts... what are of St John will nbe best.? Any recommendations f a private villa rental at the beach (not in teh mountains)

Ingrid R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.