Timeshare Exchanges

RCI Trading Power--scam?

Jul 10, 2012

Does anyone know a good answer or solution to the issue below?

I am an owner at Mayan Palace (I know, I know). Last May (2011) I banked my 2011 week with RCI, and when I banked it, the person asked if I wanted to split my two bedroom into two one-bedroom bankings, which I did, and I used on of those weeks in an exchange. As of last week, when on RCI's website, that one week/one bedroom, which indicated that for those using the week I exchanged, it had a start date of Dec 4, 2011, has a Trading Power of 19.

So, I knew that I would not be using my 2012 week, and figured that if a one bedroom/one week exchange had a Trading Power of 19, why, then, my two-bedroom/one week exchange would probably be worth about double that. Guess what? Not even close, according to the RCI website, that two-beroom/one week exchange has a Trading Power of only 21. I banked this at the end of June, 2012.

Now, I have called both RCI and Mayan Palace to try to figure out why this is so. The only reason that they could tell me was that the week I just banked was for March 2012, which is not as prime a time as December, and thus only worth 21 points. I actually understand why this would be, but when I asked WHY the week I just banked was for March and not December (for the person who would be using my week), both RCI and Mayan Palace said that the other was to blame, that that March or December date was determined at the time of banking, but they couldn't tell me why.

I feel that I have been ripped off (No, really?!) by either RCI or Mayan Palace or perhaps both. Does anyone have any insight into this method that one/both uses to determine which week my banked week gets applied to? Both entities indicated to me that had I banked the 2012 week earlier, I would have had greater Trading Power, but I can't follow their logic there--I banked my 2011 week in May of 2011, and apparently got some pretty good Trading Power for it, and my 2012 week was banked in June of 2012, and it got very weak Trading Power. Relative to the year I was banking, there was only a month difference in when I booked.

I hope this makes sense, and someone can explain whether I'm justified in my exacerbation or not. And if I am, if there is anything I can do about it.

Rob D.
Jul 10, 2012

You would more than likely get answers or explanations to your RCI point questions on www.tugbbs.com ....

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.