Timeshare Companies

NetManagement Group

Dec 10, 2012

Has anyone dealt with NetManagement Group?

NetManagement Group 535 Griswold Street 1110 Detroit,Michigan 48226

The NetManagement Goup has offered me a fantastic price for my timeshare at the Grand Luxxe Spa in Puerto Vallarta. Has anyone heard of this company or dealt with them. I've been scamed once and that's enough.

Arlene G.
Dec 10, 2012

It's a scam.

Don P.
Dec 11, 2012

arlene174 wrote:
I've been scamed once and that's enough.

Well then learn from your previous mistake and don't fall for this one. Since they called you out of the blue, that likely equates to a scam.

How this scam usually works is that they emphasize "No upfront fee; commission only."

Then, they will tell you they're ready to close the deal but you need to send them some sort of tax or fee to cover anything from closing costs to paper work. Once you send them that money, they'll be nowhere for you to be found.

No matter how juicy and tempting this offer sounds, don't let them sucker you in a second time.

Lance C.
Dec 11, 2012

good advice from lance13, also see my post on Joe Potter forum. These guys are all crooks, probably know each other, maybe even the same guy using multiple aliases. On hindsight, so many red flags: no or new website, no on-line presence (eg, FB or LinkedIn) for individuals at that company or location, no legit testimonials, offerings way better than any you've seen before (what makes them so special, so able to find buyers?), and, as Lance13 says, even though they readily agree with you that there will be no up-front fees, they always find a last-minute way to get your money. Best one is that they'll put it in a govt-sponsored escrow acct -- that way you'll know it's legit since it's the govt -- what they don't tell you is that it's really in an acct they control -- good-bye money! good-bye these guys. On to the next mark...

Patrick T.
Dec 12, 2012

Thanks for your replys. Like the old saying "if it sounds too good to be ture, it probably is not"

Arlene G.
Dec 14, 2012

I have been contacted by the same company. NetManagementGroup and Harris Titles.

We own a timeshare at Royal Solaris Cancun. They offered us about $20K for the timeshare.

I talked to both the NetManagementGroup and Harris Titles.

It sounds legit but it feels way to good to be true. Weve been scammed before also. I would be interested in any information anyone can provide on these guys.

Thanks Andy

Andy K.
Dec 15, 2012

I've been contacted by another group who have offered a good price for my timesahre. The company is Relations Western Group the contact person is Brian Ross. Has anyone heard of this company?

Arlene G.
Dec 15, 2012

here are some pretty good rules to check whether an offering is legit: 1. did they initiate the discussion? If this is unsolicited, it almost always is a scam. If you initiated it, then at least it means you had some reason -- friend's recommendation, Google search, check of web sites -- to believe they're legit. 2. Is offer too good to be true? Check out eBay. There are timeshares being offered for $1 -- just to get out of maintenance fees. Now, some do actually have some value. If so, contact the resort and find out what they would pay you to buy it back. If they don't want anything to do with that, then it's not worth much. 3. Check out company's web site. There are many ways to find out if it's been up for more than a few weeks or months -- i.e., if company really has been in business for years, as they all claim. Do Google search for "IP address" -- it will give you the sites to check not only when web site created, but also by whom. If the owner listed is a company like Whosis -- i.e., one that hides ownership through a third party -- then it's a major red flag. If they were legit, why would they not want to be transparent? 4. Ask for names, and check them out through Google. If they were legit, they would have an internet presence. All legit marketing and sales folks today have established Facebook or especially LinkedIn accounts -- and they post them and keep them fresh. Crooks could do the same -- but usually don't. 5. Similarly, ask for testimonials. Crooks will make them up. But then when you dig for details, like email addresses so you can verify the testimonial, rarely do they go that far. And if they do, actually verify -- ask for location so you can check these testimonial-givers out as well. 6. If there are any lawyer names, check these too. Every legit lawyer in North America belongs to a legal organization which would list him or her. 7. DO NOT PROVIDE ANY documents. Recent scam from Mexico sent several documents for you to sign, and asked for details on your transaction with time share so they "could check it out and insure you have legitimate complaint" (!!). All that would do would be to provide them with all your credit card numbers, bank records, etc. Wow -- DON"T DO IT 8. NEVER SEND MONEY UP-FRONT. Most of these crooks know that most people today won't do that -- especially if they've already been scammed. Instead, they will insist that their group never asks for any money -- just works on contingency. Sounds good, right? NO. What happens is they will wait a few weeks, claim all is well, that they've found the buyer and he's ready to go and then -- bam, the government needs their property taxes paid, or there's some last-minute snafu requiring some transfer fees, etc. But don't worry -- you'll get this right back as soon as the check clears. Or they might even claim that since it's the govt, that you'll need to send it to an escrow acct. But of course they control the escrow. By this time, most of these crooks realize they're not going to get the big fees for a full time share scam, so they're quite content with only a few thousand dollars. 9. REPORT these guys. They spring up because they're successful. The more we get these warning signs out there, the harder it will be for them. Maybe even a few ex-Navy seals will head to Puerta Vallarta to do some reconnoitering (yes, I know one personally who has planned his trip this spring). 10. Finally in the same spirit as "if it's too good to be true..." ask yourself, and then, ask them (if you've gone this far) exactly why you should believe that this group -- new as it is, with so few known clients and contacts, -- would be any more successful than others. Why them? Rich Asians? Yeah, that's what many of us fell for. But on hindsight, so naive. Why should they (Asians) waste their money any more readily than us? Good luck

Patrick T.
Dec 15, 2012

andyk73 wrote:
I have been contacted by the same company. NetManagementGroup and Harris Titles.

We own a timeshare at Royal Solaris Cancun. They offered us about $20K for the timeshare.

I talked to both the NetManagementGroup and Harris Titles.

It sounds legit but it feels way to good to be true. Weve been scammed before also. I would be interested in any information anyone can provide on these guys.

Thanks Andy

One word = scam.

R P.
Dec 15, 2012

arlene174 wrote:
I've been contacted by another group who have offered a good price for my timesahre. The company is Relations Western Group the contact person is Brian Ross. Has anyone heard of this company?

One word = scam.

R P.
Dec 15, 2012

Patrickt11 has given the best informative post I've seen in these forums. If everyone listened to his advice the scammers would be out of business.

Don P.
Jan 23, 2013

I have been getting calls from this NetManagement Group quite often. The offer is as high as $70K for Grand Mayan. Thanks for all the posting, it helps me walk away from a scam. In a differnt forum, someone suggested calling FBI. Will FBI investigate such a thing?

Emily C.
Jan 25, 2013

emilyc11 wrote:
I have been getting calls from this NetManagement Group quite often. The offer is as high as $70K for Grand Mayan. Thanks for all the posting, it helps me walk away from a scam. In a differnt forum, someone suggested calling FBI. Will FBI investigate such a thing?

I don't know but it might be worth it to investigate .... no timeshare on earth is selling (or worth) 70K.

Kudos to you for doing your homework.

R P.
Feb 15, 2013

Hello emilyc11, actually I own a timeshare in The Mayan in Acapulco, Mexico. And I want to upgrade my timeshare to The Grand Mayan and for doing that I have to pay directly to the Mayan $12K. So I think that NetManagement Group is offering you a very fare price, so go for it. I have been checking this group and I will call them, so they can help me to upgrade. I think they know the market.

emilyc11 wrote:

Rod S.
Feb 15, 2013

rods64 wrote:
Hello emilyc11, actually I own a timeshare in The Mayan in Acapulco, Mexico. And I want to upgrade my timeshare to The Grand Mayan and for doing that I have to pay directly to the Mayan $12K. So I think that NetManagement Group is offering you a very fare price, so go for it. I have been checking this group and I will call them, so they can help me to upgrade. I think they know the market.

emilyc11 wrote:

Rod, I don't think you understand what this group is all about. It does not sell upgrades or exchanges. It is in the business of scamming people, plain and simple.

In case you haven't been following these boards, groups like the Net Managment Group call owners of timeshares and say they have buyers just chomping at the bit waiting to pay an obscene amount of money for a worthless timeshare. Then they tell the owner that he just has to pay some sort of non-existent fee or tax to complete the non-existent sale.

The owner is now not thinking rationally because he is blinded by the excitement of all this money supposedly coming to him. So, wanting to believe that this sale is actually true, he foolishly wires money to the scam artists and they take off with his money.

If you seriously want a Grand Mayan, don't pay $12,000 for it. You can probably find one for pennies on the dollar right now. Check out E-Bay, RedWeek, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tug2net.com), Bidshares, or My Resort Network for cheap resales.

Lance C.
Feb 15, 2013

andyk73 I thought it was a scam at the beginning but it turned out to be a very good decision. I sold my timeshare in Los Cabos for $45.5 K. All the deal went smooth. Even that all the deal was by phone and sounded risky I did it. I risked it and I won. So If it feels to good to be true it is.

Oliver W.
Feb 15, 2013

Looks like the shills have invaded the room. Nobody is going to pay $ 45,000 for a timeshare in this market. Anyone dumb ehough to fall for this scam deserves to get ripped off.

Don P.
Feb 16, 2013

oliverw19 wrote:
andyk73 I thought it was a scam at the beginning but it turned out to be a very good decision. I sold my timeshare in Los Cabos for $45.5 K. All the deal went smooth. Even that all the deal was by phone and sounded risky I did it. I risked it and I won. So If it feels to good to be true it is.

Yeah right, and I guess you think that all the people reading this thread believe in the Easter bunny and Santa Claus.

The only legitimate way for any entity to sell your timeshare is that they get their commission AFTER the sale at closing ..... never ever pay upfront fees to scammers no matter what lies they tell you.

R P.
Feb 16, 2013

oliverw19 wrote:

As other posters have said, NO ONE is buying any timeshare for that kind of money. Probably work for the frauds at Net Management. If you can answer all the questions I posed in an earlier post about your identity, then I will rescind this accusation. If you don't, on this forum, you have just proved my point. You've just made your / Net Management credibility take a further hit -- and we will keep hitting back twice as hard if you continue this charade.

Patrick T.
Feb 18, 2013

patrickt11 wrote:
oliverw19 wrote:

As other posters have said, NO ONE is buying any timeshare for that kind of money. Probably work for the frauds at Net Management. If you can answer all the questions I posed in an earlier post about your identity, then I will rescind this accusation. If you don't, on this forum, you have just proved my point. You've just made your / Net Management credibility take a further hit -- and we will keep hitting back twice as hard if you continue this charade.

I sold my timeshare thought at the beginning it was a scam but It went fine.

Nathalie R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.