Flamingo Beach Resort

please help with info on this timeshare...

Apr 01, 2013

my parents purchased this timeshare 10 years ago..it is paid for......the maintenance fee at that time was <$450.00. It is has been over$1000 for the last 4 years and is now $1250.00....(they never used it , but rented it the last time in 2009 for $800 - not to mention, the rentor was very angry as the elevators were being upgraded during their 'redweek' stay in February). My mom passed away last year....my dad cannot travel due to his physical/mental condition....I cannot afford to travel as i am laid off and over 60 yrs old myself and cannot afford a passport, airfare or vacation, period. We appealed to Diamond Resorts to deedback this timeshare, but they do not take them back. We have to let this go as we cannot even rent it for enough to cover the maintenance fees. Dad paid over $400 6 years ago to list this unit for sale. In Jan. 2013 i listed it for sale for $1 and still no calls. Dad and I have always had excellent credit and this is against our nature to allow a foreclosure, but we are out of options. Can anyone provide info on these concerns: 1) can they garnish my dad's social security income or file liens on his residence? 2) will this time share be required to become my responsibility if anything happens to dad since i am his only living relative?, 3) if so, is there any way to prevent that? Also, any info on the timeshare conditions would be appreciated as we have not had any feedback since it was last rented in 2009.

D J.
May 21, 2013

I know this reply is late, but if you call DRI, they will tell you that they don't do deedbacks. You must write to them (Las Vegas address), and let them know what your hardship is. You will get a response concerning your request for a deedback. It's not guaranteed, but DRI does consider deedbacks for hardships if the request is in writing. Hope this helps.

Mikia B.
Dec 04, 2013

Do you still have the timeshare?

Todd S.

Last edited by todds304 on Dec 29, 2013 05:40 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.