Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Why is it so hard to sell this timeshare? I'm practically giving it away. Please help!

May 26, 2014

I bought a 1 bedroom (odd years) 5 years ago at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa & I have never used it. I'm currently selling it for $400. I just want to get rid of it because I don't use it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on selling it? It has been posted on Red Week for the last couple of months & there have been no offers. Please help

Chandra S.
Jul 30, 2014

I have a two bedroom odd week also . I want to sell it. Realtors don't want to touch when they find out its Westgate. I'm trying to figure out the best way myself. Ill let you know if I have luck. I did love it for years but kids are grown and Maintenance fee high

Laurie C.
Sep 17, 2014

eBay

Dennis E.
Sep 23, 2014

I agree realtor run. I love the place taxes are high and im bored. I wish I knew loved it for years out grew it laurie

Laurie C.
Sep 23, 2014

eBay will be your best bet. Look at past auctions so you can get a feel for what to start your auction price at.

Dennis E.
Jan 24, 2015

Yes same here for us we own 2 weeks in August both 3 bedroom units. Why are owners selling for $1.00 and up ?

Dan C.
Jan 24, 2015

Try the donation path. If you can get your name off future liability and get some sort of tax deduction, it might prove successful.

Phil J.
Jan 25, 2015

If you don't use it trade it with Interval International and pay a $189 exchange fee for the Caribbean or anywhere else in the world. Aruba is awesome and a deal to sleep there for 7 nites for only $189 but don't waste it without using.

Dan C.
May 17, 2021

Because people are desperate to get out of them, the value goes down over time instead of increasing .

Valerie G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.